- 24 FEBRUARY 2015 / SNF Releases Deloitte Report on Impact of Three-Year $130 Million (€100 Million) Initiative Against the Greek Crisis
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation today announced the results of Deloitte’s analysis of the Initiative Against the Greek Crisis, a three-year, $130 million (€100 million) grant program funded by the Foundation, announced in early 2012, in order to help alleviate the adverse effects of the socioeconomic crisis in Greece. The report analyzed the grants made through the Initiative and assessed their overall impact on society at large.
- 23 FEBRUARY 2015 / The Mobile Medical Units Visit Lipsi
On February 28th , the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Lipsi to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to the residents of the island, where they will remain until March 1st.
- 20 FEBRUARY 2015 / SNF Brain Insight Lecture at The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University
On March 3rd, the SNF Brain Insight Lecture “In Darwin's Footsteps: Witnessing the Origin of a New Species in the Galapagos” will take place at the Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University.
- 16 FEBRUARY 2015 / The SNF supports the Music Schools of Greece
The educational benefits of musical learning and the integration of musical art into school programs are well established and recognized internationally. In Greece Music Schools cultivate and promote musical education and train students within a specialized educational framework that recognizes and promotes the talent and music inclination of students.
- 12 FEBRUARY 2015 / Hellenic Sports Club For Physically Disabled People Honors the SNF
On February 8th the grantee organization Hellenic Sports Club For Physically Disabled People (PASKA) honored the SNF for its contribution with an award during an awareness raising event organized in collaboration with the Municipality of Athens’ Organization of Culture, Sports and Youth.
- 12 FEBRUARY 2015 / The Association of Naval Parents of Children with Special Needs ”ARGO” Honors SNF
On 9th February the Association of Naval Parents of Children with Special Needs ”ARGO” presented the SNF with an award for its important support on multiple occasions.
- 06 FEBRUARY 2015 / Paul Gauguin exhibition at the Fondation Beyeler, Riehen/Basel (Switzerland)
As one of the great European cultural highlights in the year 2015, the Paul Gauguin exhibition at the Fondation Beyeler brings together some fifty masterpieces by Gauguin from leading international museums and private collections.
- 30 JANUARY 2015 / The SNF’s Initiative against the Greek Crisis has been completed
On the occasion of the completion of the Initiative Against the Greek Crisis—the $130 (€100 million) million grant program announced by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation three years ago—the first screening of a documentary took place at the Thessaloniki Concert Hall earlier today, introducing representative examples of organizations supported under the Initiative.
- 27 JANUARY 2015 / The “Journey to the SNFCC” continues, visiting 23 additional cities across Greece
Following the public’s warm response to its year-long journey, the cultural and educational program “Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center” extend its scope beyond Attica, carrying the message of the SNFCC to 23 additional cities across Greece.