- 18 SEPTEMBER 2014 / Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship at the Chatham House Academy for Leadership in International Affairs
The Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship at the Chatham House Academy for Leadership in International Affairs is designed to allow young promising leaders from Greece and the Greek diaspora an opportunity to advance their knowledge, develop research skills and build links with the policy, academic and other communities in the UK and the wider EU.
- 18 SEPTEMBER 2014 / Inauguration of Renovated 2nd Thoracic Surgery Department of the General Hospital of Nikaia
September 18th, marked the inauguration of the renovated 2nd Thoracic Surgery Department of the General Hospital of Nikaia. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation through a grant supported the renovation works and purchase of equipment. The 2nd Thoracic Surgery Department consists of a High Dependency Unit, two recovery chambers, the doctor’s office, the supervisor’s space and a storage space.
- 17 SEPTEMBER 2014 / Landmark Metropolitan Museum Exhibition: “Assyria to Iberia at the Dawn of the Classical Age”
September 22nd, 2014 will mark the opening of the landmark-exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum in New York titled “Assyria to Iberia at the Dawn of the Classical Age”, which features art of the First Millennium B.C. from the Middle East to Western Europe. The exhibition was made possible by the support, among others, of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 17 SEPTEMBER 2014 / The Mobile Medical Units Visit Fournoi
On September 18th, the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Fournoi to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to the residents of the isolated island, where they will remain until September 21st. This is the sixth mission of the Units, following the visits in Kastelorizo, Amorgo, Kasos and Astypalaia and Psarra.
- 15 SEPTEMBER 2014 / SNF honored with the 2014 Alumni Achievement Awards by the American College of Greece
On Friday, September 12th, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation was honored for its contribution to Education during the 2014 Alumni Achievement Awards ceremony organize by The American College of Greece (ACG).
- 11 SEPTEMBER 2014 / The SNF announces an emergency relief grant to help combat the Ebola Epidemic In West Africa
The SNF has announced a $500,000 emergency relief grant to the international non-profit organization Doctors Without Borders, to help combat the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.
- 10 SEPTEMBER 2014 / Delivery of Five State-of-the-Art Ambulances and Three Rapid Access Vehicles to the National Emergency Center
Οn Wednesday, September 10th, the formal handover procedure for the delivery of five state-of-the-art ambulances and three Rapid Access Vehicles Access to the National Emergency Center took place. The vehicles were a grant of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation.
- 09 SEPTEMBER 2014 / Τhe National Herald Lauds the SNF co-President’s Recent Interview in Kathimerini
Τhe National Herald, in an op-ed by A. Diamataris, lauds the recent interview of the SNF’s co-President, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, in Kathimerini.
- 08 SEPTEMBER 2014 / The Journey to the SNFCC visits the municipalities of Megara, Alimos, Spata-Artemis and Marrousi
The “Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center” continues to other municipalities in Attica, inviting the public to participate in the free cultural and educational events which take place under the program. The program’s main goal is twofold: to acquaint citizens with the SNFCC and its philosophy, but also to familiarize the SNFCC with the needs and desires of its future visitors.