- 29 October 2015 / 5th Annual Washington OXI Day Celebration
On October 28th, the Washington Oxi Day Foundation celebrated the 75th Anniversary of Oxi Day in Washington, DC.
- 17 October 2015 / Hellenic American Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner Dance honors Andreas Dracopoulos
On Friday, October 16, the Hellenic American Chamber of Commerce honored SNF Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos with the Person of The Year Award during its 67th Annual Dinner Dance.
- 16 October 2015 / Hellenic American Chamber of Commerce Screening of “Out Here”, a documentary produced by the SNF
On Thursday, October 15, the Hellenic American Chamber of Commerce presented a screening of the SNF documentary “Out Here” which showcases the work of organizations which were grant recipients in the first cycle of the Foundation’s Initiative Against the Greek Crisis.
- 07 October 2015 / International distinctions for the Greek ‘Team Reset’ at the ‘F1 in Schools’ competition for school children
The Greek ‘Team Reset’ finished at the 11th rank, out of a total of 47 teams from 30 countries, at ‘F1 in Schools’, the largest International Student Technology Competition in the world, which was held in Singapore between September 13th-16th, 2015.
- 05 October 2015 / The SNF announces a new grant of €1 million in support of the Food Aid & Promotion of Healthy Nutrition Program in Greece, which is implemented by Prolepsis Institute, together with an additional matching grant of up to €1.5 million, for the same program
The SNF announces a new grant of €2.5 million, to help support the Food Aid & Promotion of Healthy Nutrition Program in public schools throughout Greece, during the current school year (2015-2016).
- 02 October 2015 / Wallpaper* magazine hosts an article on the SNFCC
Wallpaper* magazine hosts an article on the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC). The feature presents the concept, the values and vision of the SNFCC.
- 29 September 2015 / The SNF provides emergency relief support as a response to the ongoing refugee crisis in Greece
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation approved today a grant of €750,000 to Doctors Without Borders Hellas and the International Rescue Committee, in support of their emergency response efforts to help address the refugee crisis in certain islands of the Northern Aegean, Dodecanese, and in Northern Greece.
- 24 September 2015 / The Mobile Medical Units travel to Ano Koufonisi
On September 25th, the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Ano Koufonisi to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to its permanent residents, as well as to people living in the small islands of Irakleia, Schinoussa and Kato Koufonisi.
- 24 September 2015 / The Greek team won 2 trophies at the 13th Homeless World Cup
The Greek team completed its participation in the 13th Homeless World Cup having achieved two important distinctions.