- 01 JULY 2013 / Second Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation International Conference on Philanthropy
The 2nd Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation International Conference on Philanthropy was held on June 27 and 28. The topic of the conference was The Role of Philanthropy within a Social Welfare Society.
- 24 JUNE 2013 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Supports the Renzo Piano Building Workshop Exhibit: Fragments at the Gagosian Gallery in New York City
Running from June 27 to August 2, 2013, the exhibit will include a model and specific design details of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center in Athens, Greece
- 06 JUNE 2013 / $1 million gift from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation to York University benefits students, celebrates 70 year Canadian Greece connection
University students from Greece can hope for a better tomorrow, thanks to a $1 million donation to York University that will allow them to pursue studies at York. The grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation celebrates 70 years of Canada-Greece diplomatic relations, and will be formally announced on June 7 at the Toronto-based Hellenic Heritage Foundation’s 17th Annual Gala.
- 03 JUNE 2013 / $1.1 million gift from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation to McGill fortifies support for graduate students
At a ceremony held on May 30th, 2013, McGill University was delighted to announce that it has received a $1.1-million gift from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (www.SNF.org), as part of the University’s landmark fundraising effort Campaign McGill: History in the Making. The gift will endow two Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowships for Excellence in Graduate Education.
- 30 MAY 2013 / The Council of the State Approves Plans for Faliron Waterfront Regeneration.
The Council of the State has approved plans for the regeneration of the Faliron Waterfront area. The study was commissioned by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation while the master plan was designed by renowned architect Renzo Piano.
- 17 MAY 2013 / Fred Bergsten delivers the twelfth annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation Lecture on Globalization, Multipolarization and Currency Wars: The Imperative of Systemic Reform
Fred Bergsten discussed currency manipulation and its severe impact on the global financial structure during the twelfth annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation Lecture at the Peterson Institute in Washington.
- 16 MAY 2013 / The First Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth in Greece to be Formed with Substantial Grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation announced today a significant new grant for the creation of the first Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth in Greece. The purpose of the grant is to provide academically gifted students in Greece the opportunity to attend advanced educational programs. The establishment and operation of CTY Greece is part of the Foundation’s €100,000,000 ($130,000,000) initiative to help relieve some of the dire consequences stemming from the financial crisis in Greece.
- 22 APRIL 2013 / The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation approves 11 new grants in the 9th cycle of its continuing €100,000,000 initiative against the crisis
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation continues its efforts to provide assistance against the troubling consequences of the lingering socioeconomic crisis. During the recent bi-annual meeting, the Foundation/s Board of Directors approved 11 new grants totaling €5,666,815 ($7,395,682), as part of its three year-long initiative of €100,000,000; above and beyond its regular global grantmaking.
- 18 APRIL 2013 / The New York Times on the Foundation and the grant to Prolepsis
The New York Times published an article on increasing incidents of malnutrition in Greece, as a result of the economic crisis. The article makes reference to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, and its grant to the nonprofit organization, Prolepsis, which implements a food aid and nutritional education program in schools across Greece.