- 27 OCTOBER 2014 / Inauguration of Spyros Louis Cup Exhibition in Olympic Museum
On Sunday, October 26th, the official inauguration of the exhibition of the Spyros Louis Cup took place in the Olympic Museum in Lausanne. The Cup moved to the Olympic Museum in September from the Acropolis Museum where it had remained for two years. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation acquired the Spyros Louis Cup during an international auction in April 2012. The Foundation announced immediately its commitment to make the Cup available to the general public.
- 27 OCTOBER 2014 / Museum Conference “Balkan Museums without Barriers” in Sarajevo
On October 28th, the conference “Balkan Museums without Barriers: Continuing to develop disabled people’s access to museums and heritage in the Western Balkans” will be held in Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina) organized by our grantee Cultural Heritage without Borders (CHWB) together with the Balkan Museum Network.
- 24 OCTOBER 2014 / 4th Annual Washington OXI Day Celebration
"Philotimo", one of the most noble and admired qualities of the Greek people, was highlighted by Andreas Dracopoulos, Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, before hundreds of Washington, DC policy makers and opinion leaders at the Fourth Annual Washington Oxi Day Foundation Gala on October 23, 2014 at the US Institute of Peace.
- 23 OCTOBER 2014 / Exhibition “Hellenic Renaissance: The architecture of Theophilos Hansen”
The exhibition “Hellenic Renaissance: The architecture of Theophilos Hansen” hosted at the Theocharakis Foundation was inaugurated on October 22nd by the President of the Hellenic Republic, Karolos Papoulias and the President of Austria, Heinz Fischer. The SNF is a proud supporter of the exhibition.
- 20 OCTOBER 2014 / Τhe SNF announces its new cycle of grants
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, as part of the Foundation’s latest cycle of grants, have approved 88 new grants, totaling $ 35.13 million (€26.8 million), in support of non-profit organizations and programs, whose activities are expected to have a positive and lasting impact, both in Greece and internationally.
- 20 OCTOBER 2014 / SNF gives $5 Million Grant to JHU for SNF Film Center
The SNF has committed $5 million to Johns Hopkins, enabling the university, the Maryland Institute College of Art and the Maryland Film Festival to transform Baltimore’s historic Parkway Theater into a center for the study, production and exhibition of film.
- 20 OCTOBER 2014 / La Démesure du Possible - Inauguration
On October 17th, SNF grantee Art dans la Cité organized an inauguration event to celebrate the project “La Démesure du Possible” launched in the Institute Claude Pompidou for Alzheimer patients in Nice with the support of the SNF.
- 19 OCTOBER 2014 / Inauguration of New Horse Stables of the Therapeutic Riding Center of Serres
On October 18th the inauguration of the new horse stables of the Therapeutic Riding Center of Serres (KETHIS) took place. The construction works were completed with the SNF’s support.
- 16 OCTOBER 2014 / The SNFCC Visitors Center organizes in collaboration with CERN a unique scientific event at the National Library of Greece Central Reading Room
A unique scientific event will be held on Wednesday, October 22nd at 19:00 at the Central Reading Room of the National Library of Greece (NLG), led by professor and CERN scientist Emmanuel Tsesmelis.