- 10 March 2017 / SNF Open Events at the SNFCC, June 18-25
Continuing the efforts that began a few years back, in what has become by now a tradition, the SNF will present at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) a full week of open events (18-25 June), free and accessible to all, offering visitors a multifaceted program which transforms the public space into a platform of exploration, experimentation, and expression through the offerings of culture, education and sports.
- 09 March 2017 / The sole playground on the island of Lipsi was renovated with the support of SNF
On Wednesday March 8th 2017 the inauguration of the renovated playground on the island of Lipsi took place. The renovation was made possible with an SNF grant, and this constitutes the only playground area on the island.
- 08 March 2017 / Opening of the exhibition “The Berlin Painter and His World: Athenian Vase-Painting in the Early Fifth Century B.C.”
On Saturday, March 4th, the exhibition “The Berlin Painter and his World Exhibition: Athenian Vase-Painting in the Early Fifth Century B.C.” was inaugurated at the Princeton University. The exhibition is made possible through an SNF grant.
- 08 March 2017 / Chatham House in conversation with Starfish
It is always a true pleasure and source of great pride that we see our partners work together, exchange experience and best practice, and share common vision and goals.
- 06 March 2017 / Inauguration of the Sensory Environment at the Foundation “ White Butterflies”
On Saturday, March 4th, 2017 the inauguration of the new Sensory Environment at the Foundation “White Butterflies” took place. The Sensory environment was created with an exclusive grant from the SNF.
- 02 March 2017 / 4.1 Miles Screening at the United Nations
On Wednesday, March 1, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, co-supported a screening of the Academy Award Nominated Short Subject Documentary, 4.1 Miles, at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City.
- 01 March 2017 / SNF Supports Screenings of the Documentary “4.1 Miles”
The SNF announced a grant that would further support the promotion of “4.1 Miles,” a 2017 Academy Award nominee for Documentary (Short Subject). Funding will support further screenings of the film in New York—beginning with a public showing at the United Nations headquarters on March 1, 2017.
- 01 March 2017 / SNF Supports the New York City Public Artist in Residence Program
The NYC Department of Veterans’ Services and Department of Cultural Affairs today named Bryan Doerries, Artistic Director of Theater of War Productions, as the city’s newest Public Artist in Residence (PAIR).
- 28 February 2017 / Changes in the Board of Directors of the SNFCC SA (SNFCC AE)
During the first regular General Assembly under the Greek State, held on February 28, 2017 at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), the members of the Board of Directors of the organization SNFCC SA (SNFCC AE), previously elected by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, submitted their resignations, in compliance with what is provided in Law 3785/2009.