- 29 August 2017 / “Emmanouel Kriaras Platform” by the Institute of Modern Greek Studies, with the SNF’s Support
The Institute of Modern Greek Studies publishes the “Emmanouel Kriaras Platform”, an electronic platform that utilizes the donation of the Library and an important part of the Archive that the leading Greek philologist bequeathed to the Institute in his will.
- 28 August 2017 / The 52nd Street Project presents its new undertaking, with the SNF’s support
Since 1981 The 52nd Street Project has been dedicated to the creation and production of theatrical plays for, and often by children, through a series of mentoring programs that bring together children, aged 9 to 18 years old, from vulnerable social groups, which reside in Hell’s Kitchen, Manhattan, with theater professionals. As part of its initiative to extend its reach to more areas in the U.S., the organization launched the Project Exchange, with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), for a more hands-on training in creative writing.
- 28 August 2017 / Initiative for the support of children from low-income families, with the SNF’s support
In line with its commitment for the support and the empowerment of local communities, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) supports, through a grant, the initiative undertaken by the Prefecture of Central Greece for the provision of emergency financial aid to first-year students in primary schools in the Prefecture, whose families face serious financial difficulties, in view of the beginning of the new school year.
- 25 August 2017 / The application process for the SNF Internship Program for Fall and Winter 2017 has now concluded
The application process for the SNF internship program for the fall 2017 (Sept. 11th – Nov. 10th) and winter 2018 (Jan. 8th - Mar. 9th) periods has concluded.
- 24 August 2017 / The Shanghai Kunqu Opera Troupe for the first time in Greece, at SNFCC, with the SNF’s support
The Shanghai Kunqu Opera Troupe comes for the first time in Greece to present two unique performances at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), with the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 23 August 2017 / International Art-Magazine SALON hosts interview with the SNF’s Co-President, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos
International Arts & Culture Magazine SALON hosts an interview with the SNF’s Co-President Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos discussing the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) as well as the SNF’s history and overall grantmaking activity.
- 22 August 2017 / NLG’s new Lending Department in the newspaper To Vima
The electronic and Sunday edition of the newspaper To Vima feature an extensive article on the new Lending Department of the National Library of Greece (NLG) at the SNFCC, written by Ms. Lambrini Kouzeli, one of the members of the scientific team responsible for compiling the books that the NLG’s new service will include.
- 21 August 2017 / 3rd Molyvos International Music Festival, the great celebration of classical music, with the SNF support
For the third consecutive year, the traditional village of Molyvos, in Lesvos, welcomed the International Music Festival of the same name, which this year aspired to explore the Aristotelian concept of "Catharsis" through arts, thereby bringing to the fore music’s therapeutic and appeasing power.
- 21 August 2017 / 2017 Sport Paths Program with the SNF’s Exclusive Support
The Sport Paths initiative is designed and implemented by the NGO “Regeneration & Progress,” with the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. The initiative fosters sports education, through actions that promote mental and physical health. The aim of the program is to improve the quality of life of children in Greece’s remote island regions.