- SNF grantees Theater of War Productions and WNYC have announced a new partnership to present six free performances at The Jerome L. Greene Space, WNYC’s state-of-the-art performance and broadcast studio in New York City.
- Why is the credibility of news being constantly challenged, why we keep choosing social media platforms as a news source and how can one avoid falling into the trap of fake news? Is the disregard for modern journalism worldwide a sign of modern times or does its roots go back?
- On Tuesday, January 9th, 2018, the Architecture Department of the University of Patras is hosting a lecture on the construction of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), featuring the Director of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s Technical Department, Mr. Theodore Maravelias.
- The 2017 world finals of the Land Rover 4x4 in Schools STEM competition, held in December 2017, in Abu Dhabi, brought together more than 150 students from schools in 16 countries to present their work and knowledge of 4x4 vehicle design, development, research and manufacturing.
02 JANUARY 2018Call for applications for the SNF Scholarship Program at the Columbia Journalism SchoolIn collaboration with the internationally recognized Columbia Journalism School in New York, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) has established a Scholarship Program allowing entry-level and mid-career mass media professionals, as well as recent journalism program graduates from Greece, to attend three specialized training courses in journalism.
- More than 20.000 visitors joined in the New Year’s Eve festivities at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) that welcomed 2018 with lots of music, dancing, treats and many more surprises!
- We wish you all happy holidays and a creative, fruitful and peaceful New Year.
- On Wednesday December 20th and Thursday December 21st, 2017, the association “Monacology” organized a two-day environmental program with the participation of the well-known French photographer, journalist, reporter and environmentalist, Yann Arthus Bertrand, aiming to show the challenges of preserving ecosystems, to raise awareness on the preservation of the environment and to raise awareness about the constraints of sustainable development.
- On Wednesday, December 20, 2017, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation announced Sesame Workshop and International Rescue Committee (IRC) as the winners of their 100&Change global prize, consisting of a $100 million grant over 5 years from the MacArthur Foundation.