- 10 SEPTEMBER 2014 / Delivery of Five State-of-the-Art Ambulances and Three Rapid Access Vehicles to the National Emergency Center
Οn Wednesday, September 10th, the formal handover procedure for the delivery of five state-of-the-art ambulances and three Rapid Access Vehicles Access to the National Emergency Center took place. The vehicles were a grant of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation.
- 09 SEPTEMBER 2014 / Τhe National Herald Lauds the SNF co-President’s Recent Interview in Kathimerini
Τhe National Herald, in an op-ed by A. Diamataris, lauds the recent interview of the SNF’s co-President, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, in Kathimerini.
- 08 SEPTEMBER 2014 / The Journey to the SNFCC visits the municipalities of Megara, Alimos, Spata-Artemis and Marrousi
The “Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center” continues to other municipalities in Attica, inviting the public to participate in the free cultural and educational events which take place under the program. The program’s main goal is twofold: to acquaint citizens with the SNFCC and its philosophy, but also to familiarize the SNFCC with the needs and desires of its future visitors.
- 07 SEPTEMBER 2014 / The Freeday Cyclists at the SNFCC
Having hosted its inaugural dance in June in the context of the Dance of the Cranes event, on the night of 5th of September the SNFCC received its first visit by cyclists in the context of the Freeday Cyclists’ first ride around Athens for the 2014-2015 season.
- 04 SEPTEMBER 2014 / The historic Silver Cup awarded to Spyros Louis will be exhibited temporarily at Τhe Olympic Museum, in Lausanne
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation announces that the Silver Cup awarded to Spyros Louis, the first Marathon Winner at the inaugural Modern Olympic Games, has been moved temporarily to Switzerland, in order to be exhibited at the Olympic Museum, in Lausanne, in view also of the international marathon to be held in the Swiss city on October 26.
- 01 SEPTEMBER 2014 / The Co-President of the SNF, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, talks to Kathimerini
In an interview to the Sunday edition of “Kathimerini”, the Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s Board of Directors, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, talks about the need to energize the social welfare state; contemporary philanthropy; the Foundation’s grantmaking activities; and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.
- 11 AUGUST 2014 / The Experience of Young Friends of the Visitors Center
One of the main reasons the SNFCC Visitors Center was created was to give future visitors, young and old, a first taste of what they experience, to guide them, to let them explore and play.
- 07 AUGUST 2014 / The National Herald on the SNFCC
The National Herald hosts an op-ed by A. H. Diamataris regarding his experience from a recent visit to Greece.
- 06 AUGUST 2014 / Swiss Secretary of State Visits the SNFCC
On Tuesday August 5th, the Swiss Secretary of State, Mr. Walter Steinmann, accompanied by the Deputy Head of Mission of the Swiss Embassy in Athens, Mr. Philipp Stalder, the Embassy’s Commercial Attaché, Mrs Joanna Thanasis, visited the SNFCC Visitors Center and the SNFCC construction site where they were informed by the progress of the construction works, the environmental rules governing the construction site as well as the innovative techniques implemented in the development of this complex project.