- 26 January 2016 / Grant to the General Hospital of Athens “Ippokratio”
On Monday, January 25th, the General Hospital of Athens “Ippokratio” honored the SNF for its contribution for the purchase of state-of-the-art ultrasound equipment, specialized for cardiology use that will replace the existing obsolete ones.
- 25 January 2016 / Inauguration of the new Family Support Center of the SOS Children’s Villages in Peristeri
On Wednesday, January 20th, the new Family Support Center of the SOS Children’s Villages was inaugurated in Peristeri. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation partially supports the operation of the Center, which will provide assistance to approximately 300 families living in Peristeri and the neighboring areas.
- 20 January 2016 / Initiative Against the Greek Crisis – New Grants by the SNF in the Areas of Health and Social Welfare
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation recently approved a new cycle of grants, totaling €2.24 million, focused on the program areas of Health and Social Welfare in Greece.
- 19 January 2016 / SNFCC featured in Aegean Airlines’ BLUE magazine
The in-flight magazine of Aegean Airlines, BLUE, features an extensive coverage of the SNFCC and photographer Vassilis Makris’s photographic project titled “Incarnation.” The magazine also hosts an interview with the Greek National Opera’s Artistic Director on the GNO’s future plans once this moves to its new home.
- 17 January 2016 / Newsbeast reports on the SNFCC
Newsbeast presents the unique architectural, construction, and operational challenges and opportunities the SNFCC presents, through the eyes of its own people.
- 15 January 2016 / Op-ed in Kathimerini on our shared responsibilities vis-à-vis the future
Kathimerini’s editor, Margarita Pournara, writes an op-ed about the responsibility we all bear to protect the SNFCC and all major public interventions, as a means of safeguarding our future.
- 13 January 2016 / The Mobile Medical Units travel to Agathonisi
On January 15th, the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Agathonisi to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to its permanent residents.
- 10 January 2016 / Andreas Dracopoulos in Kathimerini on the need for a paradigm shift
SNF's Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos contributes to Kathimerini's Sunday edition with an op-ed, on the need to rebuild Greece by going back to basics and working on a culture change.
- 23 December 2015 / SNF makes £3m grant for expansion at Chatham House
The Royal Institute of International Affairs is awarded a Cornerstone Contribution of £3m by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation towards the Chatham House Second Century Initiative to support the expansion and renovation of the institute’s ground floor.