- 29 May 2017 / Hellenic Society for the Environment and Cultural Heritage awards SNF for its support
On the occasion of the completion of 45 years of active presence and implementation of actions for rescue and preservation of the cultural heritage and the natural environment, the Hellenic Society for the Environment and Cultural Heritage organized an event on Tuesday, May 30th to honor its supporters.
- 26 May 2017 / Educational Seminars for Greek Orthopaedic Surgeons at the Hospital for Special Surgery, supported by the SNF
Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) has announced program details and application deadlines for the newest round of professional education programs for orthopaedic surgeons from Greece, supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 26 May 2017 / Launch of the Mind the Fact Festival, with the SNF support
Friday, May 26th, marks the official launch of the first Mind the Fact Festival, an innovative festival of art, culture and social solidarity.
- 26 May 2017 / Lecture entitled “Missing Children in Greece and Europe, actions and initiatives for the prevention and treatment of the phenomenon”
On the occasion of the International Missing Children's Day, on Thursday, May 25th, the organization “Smile of the Child” held a lecture at the Zappeion Hall, entitled Missing Children in Greece and Europe, actions and initiatives for the prevention and treatment of the phenomenon”, as part of its program SAFE (Sustainable Alliance for Missing Children in Greece).
- 26 May 2017 / It was 3 years ago that we planted the first olive tree at the Stavros Niarchos Park!
The first tree planted in the Stavros Niarchos Park turned three years old today.
- 26 May 2017 / SNFCC Listed in Condé Nast Traveller’s “Art Lovers Guide to Athens”
Condé Nast Traveller India named the SNFCC among one of the top must-sees for art lovers visiting the city of Athens. The article notes “the view from the upper deck is one of the great vistas in Europe”.
- 26 May 2017 / SNF Named Among Top Funders Responding to the Refugee Crisis by Inside Philanthropy
A recent article featured in Inside Philanthropy, listed the Stavros Niarchos Foundation among top funders responding to the refugee crisis. The article mentions the International Rescue Committee and Doctors Without Borders as top recipients of grants in this space, both of which are SNF grantees.
- 25 May 2017 / Victoria Newhouse Lecture for her book “Chaos and Culture: Renzo Piano Building Workshop and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center”
On Wednesday, May 24th, Victoria Newhouse spoke about her new book ‘Chaos and Culture: Renzo Piano Building Workshop and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center’ at the Morgan Library & Museum in New York City.
- 25 May 2017 / Internship Program at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, with the SNF support
The open call for the Internship Program of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center that is being implemented through an exclusive grant of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) is now closed.