- 11 MARCH 2009 / Ecoweek’s Tree Planting Initiative in the Municipality of Zacharo
A tree planting event will take place on Saturday, March 14th in the fire-stricken Municipality of Zacharo in the Peloponnese. The tree planting initiative is part of an environmental program designed and implemented by the not-for-profit organization Ecoweek.
- 27 JANUARY 2009 / Renzo Piano's Environmentally Progressive Concept Design for the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC)
- 24 JANUARY 2009 / Renzo Piano's Environmentally Progressive Concept Design for Athens' Modern Urban Icon, The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC)
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the Renzo Piano Building Workshop (RPBW), a world-renowned architectural firm, revealed the concept design today for the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), housing the National Library of Greece and the Greek National Opera, both set within the Stavros Niarchos Park.
- 08 JANUARY 2009 / Grant in honor of the late Chairman of the Board, Sir Dennis Weatherstone
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation recently made a grant to Autism Speaks in honor of its late Chairman of the Board, Sir Dennis Weatherstone.
- 05 JANUARY 2009 / The HeartSongs Project develops a worldwide network
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation/s support of the Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics/ HeartSongs Project has resulted in more, farther-reaching international research.
- 22 DECEMBER 2008 / Christmas Soccer Tournament Academy for young athletes, with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
The “Children’s Soccer Training” program, exclusively supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation since 2003, will host an end-of-year Soccer Tournament Academy from December 27th to 29th, 2008, at the Municipal Stadium of Vrilissia, Athens.
- 18 DECEMBER 2008 / The Soccer Tournament Academy and the “Mimis Papaioannou Ethos Cup” welcome young students to a three-day celebration
- 15 DECEMBER 2008 / The completion of two milestone-projects brings added value to Social Welfare
Two significant projects, granted by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, have recently been completed, bringing added value to Social Welfare, with particular emphasis on efforts to improve the lives of people with special needs and of children suffering from cancer.
- 15 DECEMBER 2008 / Seminars in New York City for orthopedic surgeons from Greece
The Foundation's grant to the Hospital for Special Surgery supports seminars in New York City for orthopedic surgeons from Greece, especially those practicing in remote areas.