- Francis Pisani, writer and journalist at the French newspaper Le Monde, visited Athens and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC). In his article, Mr. F. Pisani exalts the SNFCC’s landscape and design, underlining that its architect, Renzo Piano, was also the creator of the Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris.
25 OCTOBER 2017The Municipality of Athens continues activities for the reinvigoration of the Athens Commercial Triangle, with the SNF’s supportNext stop, the St. Eirini’s Square! The Municipality of Athens continues a series of interventions to upgrade and enhance the functional and aesthetic aspects of the Athens Commercial Triangle area.
- The Public Theater in New York announced the schedule of their Mobile Unit’s fall tour, which is supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
23 OCTOBER 2017“Oxford Thinking” features an interview with Dr. Luca Castagnoli, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Associate Professor and Fellow in Ancient Greek Philosophy at Oxford University.“How the Ancient Greek Philosophy and the modern world are connected?” Dr. Luca Castagnoli describes the different ways in which thinking of ancient philosophical questions helps people in their lives and explains the importance of securing the future of Ancient Greek Philosophy at Oxford University’s Oriel College.
- The 27th issue of the quarterly scientific magazine “The Doctor” hosts an extensive feature entitled “Stavros Niarchos: the great humanist and philhellene – The impressive grant-making activities of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation”.
20 OCTOBER 2017CSIS - Schieffer Series dialogue on “Overload: finding the Truth in Today’s Deluge of News”On Tuesday, October 24th, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) hosts an installment of the Schieffer Series, entitled “Overload: Finding the Truth in Today’s Deluge of News”, after the title of Bob Schieffer’s new book.
20 OCTOBER 2017The Serafio Complex, a multipurpose space for sports, culture and innovation of the Municipality of Athens, opens with the SNF’s supportAfter 18 years, the Serafio wimming pool of the Municipality of Athens opens its doors to the public, this time as a multipurpose complex which includes, among others, a 25x33 m swimming pool, a children’s pool, sports facilities, a playground, as well as facilities to host research, innovation and entrepreneurship workshops and programs.
- Since 2008, the ARC for Dance Festival, an international contemporary dance event organized by the non-profit organization DAN.C.CE Unitiva, has become a meeting point for the Greek and the European dance scene.
- On Wednesday, October 18th, the Park Avenue Armory announced a new challenge grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) at their annual gala in New York. The grant will support the student matinee performances at the organization.