- 05 April 2017 / Homer’s Odyssey in 27 countries!
“Odyssée 24” is the title of the 11th edition of the European Festival of Latin and Greek, which took place on March 24. Approximately 200 groups of 5000 readers read one of the 24 epic poems of Homer’s Odyssey in public spaces simultaneously.
- 04 April 2017 / The Charitable Sisterhood of Veria honors the SNF
On Sunday, April 2nd 2017, the Charitable Sisterhood of Veria honored the SNF for its contribution to the organization to assist people affected by the crisis.
- 31 March 2017 / Zagori Excellence Network presented the project Sense Zagori
On Wednesday, March 29, ZEN (Zagori Excellence Network) presented the completion of the first phase of its project, Sense Zagori, funded by the SNF.
- 31 March 2017 / Thessaloniki Medical Society awards the SNF for its philanthropic work
On Tuesday, March 30 the Thessaloniki Medial Society opened its 32nd Annual Medical Conference, which will be held until 2nd April in Thessaloniki.
- 31 March 2017 / “Orthographs” Book Presentation by Yiorgis Yerolymbos
On Thursday, March 30th, took place the book presentation of Yiorgis Yerolymbos under the title “Orthographs”. The book traces the construction of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) and offers a unique account of the project’s development over time through the photographic lens of Yerolymbos.
- 30 March 2017 / April Program of Events at the SNFCC
Discover all the athletic, educational and cultural activities organized by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 29 March 2017 / Syrian Emergency Response Grants
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation has approved three grants, totaling USD 500,000, for emergency response support to civilian populations affected by war in Syria. The three grants will support three non-governmental organizations (NGOs): Doctors Without Borders (Medecins Sans Frontieres USA), Save the Children USA, and Mission Enfance, enabling a variety of work, including wide-ranging medical care and equipment, restoring access to education, and psychosocial support.
- 27 March 2017 / Exhibition "Renzo Piano Building Workshop – Piece by Piece” at SNFCC
The exhibition "Renzo Piano Building Workshop – Piece by Piece” will open at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center on April 27th and will last until July 23rd. The exhibition showcases models of architectural projects spanning more than thirty years by the Renzo Piano Building Workshop.
- 27 March 2017 / SKAI TV’s Tora daily show visits the Island of Arkioi
SKAI TV’s Tora daily show visits the island of Arkioi and reports, among others, on the operation of the island’s Elementary School which has been supported by the SNF.