- 15 September 2017 / The festival IdeasCity New York explores “100 Actions for the Future City”
On Saturday, September 16th, The New Museum will host IdeasCity New York at Sarah D. Roosevelt Park in New York City.
- 13 September 2017 / A Landmark Gift of $55 Million by the SNF Generously Supports the Complete Renovation and Transformation of The New York Public Library’s Mid-Manhattan Central Circulating Branch
The gift will support the full renovation of Mid-Manhattan Library, which will reopen in 2020 as the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Library (SNFL), and will establish an endowment to support public programs at the branch.
- 13 September 2017 / The New York Times on the establishment of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Library (SNFL) at the New York Public Library
The New York Times report on the SNF’s landmark gift of $55 million that will support the full renovation and transformation of the The New York Public Library ’s Mid-Manhattan Central Circulating Branch, as well as establish an endowment for the library’s public programming. Τhe renovation is expected to be complete in 2020, when the building will reopen as The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Library (SNFL).
- 13 September 2017 / The Mobile Medical Units Visit the Island of Lipsi for the Second Time
From September 14th to September 18th, the Mobile Medical Units (MMUs) will visit the island of Lipsi to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to its permanent residents.
- 13 September 2017 / The SNF supports five unique concerts throughout Greece by the Greek-Turkish Youth Orchestra
Continuing its ten-year successful and creative journey, the Greek-Turkish Youth Orchestra returned to Greece, on the occasion of its 2017 tour, for a series of concerts, under the direction of the emerging conductor, Zoe Zeniodi.
- 11 September 2017 / Ceremony for the delivery of a vehicle for the transportation of people with disabilities in Karpenissi, with the SNF’s support
On Tuesday, September 12th, the Municipality of Karpenissi holds an official ceremony for the delivery of an 18-seat bus.
- 08 September 2017 / Τhe President of the French Republic, Emmanuel Macron, at the SNFCC
On Friday, September 8th, as part of the official State visit to Athens, the President of the French Republic, Emmanuel Macron, accompanied by the Greek Prime Minister, Alexis Tsipras, attended a business forum meeting between representatives of the Greek and the French business world, which took place at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 08 September 2017 / National Herald: “Action of unparalleled human sensitivity” the new SNF grant initiative in the health sector
The newspaper National Herald hosts an op-ed by the publisher, Mr. Antonis Diamataris, regarding the new SNF grant initiative for the support of the health sector in Greece.
- 07 September 2017 / Kathimerini: “An Impressive Contribution”
The English edition of Kathimerini, in its main op-ed, comments on the SNF’s “impressive contribution” to the Greek society.