- 22 June 2017 / SNF RUN: Running into the Future – Update for the Implementation of Traffic Arrangements by the Attica Traffic Police
On Friday, June 23rd, 2017, the evening race titled SNF RUN: Running into the Future will take place for the third consecutive year, as part of the events comprising the Summer Nostos Festival (www.SNFestival.org) and, like every year, the occasion will coincide with the celebration of the Olympic Day.
- 21 June 2017 / The traffic study for the surrounding area of the SNFCC has been completed
From the very first day of its operation, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) has been a constant pole of attraction for visitors. Since August 2016, to date, more than one million people have visited the SNFCC and its facilities: the Stavros Niarchos Park, the new facilities of the Greek National Opera and the National Library of Greece, or have attended the hundreds of events organized in its premises.
- 20 June 2017 / Live Streaming of the 6th International SNF Conference on Philanthropy
Watch live from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) this year’s SNF Conference exploring the theme “Creativity, Imagination and the Importance of Reactivating Public and Ethical Spaces in a Highly Polarized Society”, which takes place from Wednesday June 21st to Friday June 23rd, 2017.
- 20 June 2017 / Renzo Piano and Michael Kimmelman delve into a comprehensive discussion!
Renzo Piano comes to Athens (Tuesday 20/06), on the occasion of the Summer Nostos Festival, for a comprehensive discussion with the New York Times architectural critic, Michael Kimmelman, whose work focuses on urban and public spaces.
- 16 June 2017 / Associated Press’s article with a reference on the SNF’s grant to the National Center for Emergency Care (EKAV) was republished by The New York Times and the Washington Post
In an article featured in the Associated Press, on Thursday, June 15th, regarding the impact of the financial crisis and the austerity policies on the national health system, as well as the provided healthcare services, a special reference is made to the recent grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) towards the National Center for Emergency Care (EKAV), totaling 14 million euro.
- 16 June 2017 / Prince Henry of Wales (Prince Harry) inaugurates the “Stavros Niarchos Foundation Floor” at Chatham House
On Thursday, June 15th, the inauguration of the “Stavros Niarchos Foundation Floor” at Chatham House took place, in the presence of Prince Henry of Wales.
- 15 June 2017 / The transfer of the first 10.000 books to the National Library of Greece just began, with the SNF's support
The SNF supports the transition of NLG to its new home, at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center and encourages its successful operation.
- 14 June 2017 / The SNF elected Member of the EFC Management Committee
The European Foundation Centre (EFC) announced the new members of its governing bodies during the annual General Assembly and Conference of the organization that took place in Warsaw, from May 31st to June 2nd.
- 13 June 2017 / Architectural student competition for sustainable green spaces, with the SNF support
WWF Greece with the cooperation and the scientific support of the Urban Environment Lab of the School of Architecture, National Technical University of Athens, organized a competition, which was open to undergraduate students enrolled at the Faculties of Architecture and corresponding Departments in Greek Polytechnics and Universities.