- 23 February 2017 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center is Yours!
A large celebration, open to all, marked the completion of the delivery of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) to its permanent owner, the Greek State and, by extension, to the Greek society, the citizens and daily visitors of the SNFCC.
- 22 February 2017 / 4.1 Miles a documentary by Daphne Matziaraki
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports the Academy Award Nominated Short Subject Documentary, 4.1 Miles.
- 21 February 2017 / March at the SNFCC
March arrives at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), and we invite you to welcome spring with music, dance, sports, lectures and exciting new experiences for all ages, familiar favorites as well as new activities and events.
- 16 February 2017 / Inauguration of the High Dependency Unit of the University General Hospital “Attiko”
On Tuesday, February 14th, the University General Hospital “Attiko” inaugurated the High Dependency Unit (HDU)/Critical Care Unit of the Pediatric Department, supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 15 February 2017 / A sad farewell to Tzanetos Antypas
We would like to express our sorrow for the loss of Tzanetos Antypas, founder and president of Praksis, a close partner and precious friend of the Foundation. A man of immense energy, a true humanist who stood by thousands of vulnerable children and fellow citizens who live outside the net of social protection, as he used to say describing his vision.
- 15 February 2017 / First Linear Accelerator Installed at the University Hospital of Heraklion
The first SNF funded brand-new linear accelerator (linac) has been installed at the University General Hospital of Heraklion in Greece, as part of the SNF’s Radiotherapy Program.
- 14 February 2017 / Worldreader to Expand Early Childhood Reading Program to Jordan
- 10 February 2017 / Have you heard of “gezlemes”?
Find out more about the stories behind the food experience at the SNFCC!
- 07 February 2017 / Program for moving infants from public maternity hospitals and rehabilitating them into foster families, with the exclusive support of the SNF
A Press Conference was held on Tuesday, February 7, to launch the program for moving infants from public maternity hospitals and rehabilitating them into foster families. The program is initiated by SOS Children’s Villages and the Social Welfare Center of the Region of Attica, with the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, and deals with the care and rehabilitation of infants from public hospitals, enhancing their prospects of growing up in a warm, safe and supportive family environment, through foster care families.