- On Friday, March 9, 2018, the Board of Trustees at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, passed a resolution supporting the establishment of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University.
09 MARCH 2018Inauguration of the Renovated Day Care Center of the “PAMMAKARISTOS” Children’s FoundationOn Thursday, March 8th, 2018, the “PAMMAKARISTOS” Children’s Foundation held an event for the inauguration of its renovated Day Care Center, in which support services to more than 114 children and young people with autism and mental disabilities will be provided.
- On Wednesday March 21st, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation is hosting the fifth event of its monthly series DIALOGUES, on “Stereotypes”. The event will take place at the Orchestra Rehearsal Room of the Greek National Opera at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center at 17:00 (EET).
- The New York Times recently profiled Sunitha Krishnan, a recipient of the 2016 Tällberg Foundation Global Leadership Prize, which is supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
08 MARCH 2018The Delivery of the Vehicles to EKAV’s Branches across Greece to be Completed in a Few DaysAs part of its Initiative against the Greek crisis, and in addition to its regular grant-making activity, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) announced in April, 2017, a grant to the National Center for Emergency Care (EKAV), totaling €14 million, which entails the procurement of 143 state-of-the-art and fully equipped ambulances, as well as their full service and maintenance for a period of 8 years.
- John Cale (19/6), Animal Collective (23/6) and Lianne La Havas (22/6) come to build on the already impressive lineup of this year’s Summer Nostos Festival (SNFestival). Music is one of the Festival’s key components, bringing together artists from around the world in an eclectic mix of sounds, genres, moods and audiences.
- Dance/NYC has launched a new initiative to extend the role of dance artistry in fostering the inclusion, integration and human rights of immigrants in the New York City metropolitan area.
06 MARCH 2018The SNF Supports the Provision of Motorized Wheelchairs to Central Greece Residents with DisabilitiesThe Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) supports the initiative “Access to ALL” undertaken by the Prefecture of Central Greece for the provision of motorized wheelchairs to residents of the Central Greece area that face serious financial difficulties.
05 MARCH 2018W.R.O. Hellas Honors the SNF for its Support of Educational Robotics Programs in Greek SchoolsOn Sunday, March 4th, 2018, the Organization of Educational Robotics & Science - W.R.O Hellas held the Finals of the 2018 Pan-Hellenic Educational Robotics Competition.