- 25 NOVEMBER 2013 / Inauguration of the first overnight homeless shelter in Greece
The first overnight homeless shelter in Greece, established in Thessaloniki with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, will be inaugurated on Tuesday, November 26th. The shelter was designed in accordance with international best practices, and can accommodate 80 individuals. It will also offer important additional services, including emergency medical assistance, social services and psychological support.
- 25 NOVEMBER 2013 / The Hellenic Institute of Marine Technology (H.I.M.T.) honors the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
On November 26th , the Hellenic Institute of Marine Technology organizes the 7th Annual Meeting of Marine Technology. As part of the meeting, the Institute will award the Stavros Niarchos Foundation with the “H.I.M.T. Annual Prize 2013”for its philanthropic contributions.
- 25 NOVEMBER 2013 / The Captain/s Club of the Piraeus Port honors the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
On Tuesday, November 26th, the Captain/s Club of the Piraeus Port will honor the Stavros Niarchos Foundation for its philanthropic work during a special event.
- 25 NOVEMBER 2013 / Y. Trohopoulos talks to Vima Regarding SNFCC
Yiannis Trohopoulos, CEO of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, talks to Vima about the development of the construction works at the SNFCC, as well as the education and the cultural needs of the Greek citizens.
- 22 NOVEMBER 2013 / Members of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation participate in City’s Harvest first Repackathon
On Tuesday, November 21st, 2013, members of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s NY Office participated in City Harvest’s first Repackathon. In three hours, the SNF crew repacked 32,000 pounds of food, surpassing their goal of 30,000 pounds!
- 21 NOVEMBER 2013 / Inauguration of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit of the University Hospital of Heraklion and the Hospitality Hostel
Two significant projects were inaugurated on Monday, November 18th, in Heraklion, Crete which were completed with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit of the University Hospital of Heraklion was renovated and equipped, as part of the Pediatric ICUs Renovation Program, which covers the renovation of all Pediatric ICUs in the country and is completed via an SNF grant.
- 19 NOVEMBER 2013 / Presentation of the Food Aid & Promotion of Healthy Nutrition Program for the 2013-2014 academic year reaching 50,000 students in socially vulnerable areas
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the Institute of Preventive Medicine, Environmental and Occupational Health (Prolepsis) announced that the Food Aid & Promotion of Healthy Nutrition Program shall continue during the 2013-2014 academic year, following a new grant approved by the SNF’s Board of Directors.
- 18 NOVEMBER 2013 / National Herald – New large grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation to St. Demetrios Greek American School
The National Herald reports on the SNF’s most recent grant to the St. Demetrios Greek American School. The President of the School Board stated “This grant from a Foundation of the magnitude of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation is truly unique and perhaps the only one to an educational institution of the Diaspora.” The article is available only in Greek.
- 18 NOVEMBER 2013 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Donates $500,000 to Assist Philippines Relief and Operations
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation announced today that it is donating $500,000 to provide emergency relief assistance and to support people affected by Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. The funds will be directed to three organizations, whose work on the region complements each other: