- On Wednesday, January 24th, 2018, the “Together for Children" Association held an event to celebrate individuals for their selfless voluntary work and civic-mindedness. During the ceremony, the organization also honored the Stavros Niarchos Foundation for its support.
- United States Artists (USA), based in Chicago, Illinois, announced its 2018 USA Fellows. 45 artists and collectives will receive an unrestricted award of $50,000 in recognition of their contribution to the cultural landscape at large.
- The School of Visual Arts (SVA) in New York hosts an exhibition titled “Actions Speak Louder than Words” at its Gramercy Gallery, between January 20th and February 10th, 2018. The exhibit, curated by Viktor Koen, consists of selected works by the SVA Master of Fine Arts Illustration as Visual Essay program.
19 JANUARY 2018Launch of the Interdisciplinary Research and Innovation Center’s Scholarship Program at the University of Thessaly, with the SNF’s supportOn Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018, the University of Thessaly holds an event to mark the launch of the new Scholarship Program of the Interdisciplinary Research and Innovation Center which was established through a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- The SNF hosted the third event of its new monthly DIALOGUES series, entitled: Journalism in a time of Crisis and Crisis in Journalism. The event was held at the Lighthouse of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.
- ARTWORKS, a new organization that aims to provide financial aid to Greek artists, aged 25 to 35, and encourage their professional development, has launches its operation with a founding grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
16 JANUARY 2018Inauguration of the new Day Care and Creative Activities Center for People with Disabilities in PiraeusOn January 18th, 2018, the Piraeus Association of Parents, Guardians and Friends of People with Disabilities, will host the inauguration of the new premises of its Day Care and Creative Activities Center (Educational Centre for People with Disabilities in Piraeus-PEK/AmeA) in Piraeus.
15 JANUARY 2018The Hellenic Federation of the Deaf honors SNF for its contribution to the organizationOn Sunday, January 14th, 2018, the Hellenic Federation of the Deaf holds an event during which the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was honored for its support for the implementation of the Sign Language Interpretation Program.
- The week of January 8th, 2018, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) in Washington, D.C. hosted the first CSIS Practicum in Modern Journalism: Reporting on International Affairs. The program is exclusively supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).