- 22 August 2017 / NLG’s new Lending Department in the newspaper To Vima
The electronic and Sunday edition of the newspaper To Vima feature an extensive article on the new Lending Department of the National Library of Greece (NLG) at the SNFCC, written by Ms. Lambrini Kouzeli, one of the members of the scientific team responsible for compiling the books that the NLG’s new service will include.
- 21 August 2017 / 3rd Molyvos International Music Festival, the great celebration of classical music, with the SNF support
For the third consecutive year, the traditional village of Molyvos, in Lesvos, welcomed the International Music Festival of the same name, which this year aspired to explore the Aristotelian concept of "Catharsis" through arts, thereby bringing to the fore music’s therapeutic and appeasing power.
- 21 August 2017 / 2017 Sport Paths Program with the SNF’s Exclusive Support
The Sport Paths initiative is designed and implemented by the NGO “Regeneration & Progress,” with the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. The initiative fosters sports education, through actions that promote mental and physical health. The aim of the program is to improve the quality of life of children in Greece’s remote island regions.
- 18 August 2017 / To Barcelona with love
All of us at the SNF stand together with the people of the beautiful city of Barcelona. During these difficult times, our thoughts are with them, the victims and their families.
- 18 August 2017 / Discover Watermill Day 2017 at The Watermill Center
On Sunday, August 13th, The Watermill Center on Long Island, New York hosted Discover Watermill Day.
- 17 August 2017 / Melodies from favorite musicals resonate in the Stavros Niarchos Park
August in Athens concludes with a journey into the world of musicals at the Stavros Niarchos Park at the SNFCC!
- 16 August 2017 / One year with the SNFCC, the home SNF created for all!
A year has already passed since the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) opened its doors to the public, offering all visitors the opportunity to get to know the new space, to explore the new facilities of the Greek National Opera, the National Library of Greece, as well as the Stavros Niarchos Park, and to create their first memories of, what was back then, the new urban destination.
- 16 August 2017 / Military veterans go back to school through the Warrior-Scholar Project, with the SNF’s support
Since 2011, the Warrior-Scholar Project (WSP), an initiative undertaken by Yale University graduates, has been providing support to American enlisted military veterans by facilitating their successful transition from the battlefield to the civilian life and specifically to higher education.
- 14 August 2017 / SNFCC In the News
The newspaper Proto Thema hosts a recent article on the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) noting the unique aspects of the project which the article states is changing the way we see Athens.