- 23 DECEMBER 2013 / The SNF supports the Soccer Academies’ Tournament “Ethos Cup Mimis Papaioannou”
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation, in its effort to promote athletic ideals, supports, for the ninth year running, a unique initiative of educational nature by the renowned Greek soccer player, Mimis Papaioannou. All the activities included in the Program in question are aimed at instilling the principles of «fair play» primarily in children living in rural and underprivileged areas.
- 23 DECEMBER 2013 / Article in Kathimerini on good news for 2013 refers to the Foundation’s various grants
Kathimerini published an article on the good news brought by 2013 including reference, among others, to several of the Foundation’s grantees doing important work, especially in the current socioeconomic environment.
- 23 DECEMBER 2013 / Article in “To Vima Sunday” edition on the program “Diatrofi” (Nutrition) implemented by Prolepsis
To Vima Sunday edition published an extensive article on the program “Diatrofi” (Nutrition) implemented by Prolepsis through a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 22 DECEMBER 2013 / Ethnos – Andreas Dracopoulos: “It is our vision to help our country get back on its feet again”
Andreas Dracopoulos, Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, spoke to Magda Liveri and Ethnos Sunday Edition about the Foundation’s grantmaking activities, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, and the importance of philanthropic giving.
- 20 DECEMBER 2013 / Collaboration of the National Library of Greece with Future Library
The Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs announced the collaboration of the National Library of Greece (NLG) with the Future Library organization, which is supported exclusively by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 18 DECEMBER 2013 / SNF Members at the “MED Confederation” International Conference
Members of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation will participate at the international conference examining the launch of the “MED Confederation” organized by la Caixa Foundation on December 19th and December 20th in Barcelona.
- 18 DECEMBER 2013 / Greek National Opera Programming for the Period 2014-2019
On December 17th the Greek National Opera (GNO) presented its programming for the period 2014-2019. The Minister of Culture and Sports, Mr. Panos Panagiotopoulos lauded the GNO for its work and social contribution and announced the extension of the tenure of the GNO’s Artistic Director, Mr. Myron Michailidis. The press conference was attended by the Mr. George Agouridis, board member of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and Mr. Ioannis Trohopoulos, Managing Director of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.
- 17 DECEMBER 2013 / “Journey to the SNFCC” Event at the National Library of Greece
On the day of the Winter Solstice, Saturday, December 21st, at 12:00 pm, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) is hosting an open event of literature and art at the main reading room of the National Library of Greece (NLG), in collaboration with renowned Greek artists.
- 17 DECEMBER 2013 / The Prefecture of Lakonia and DIAZOMA honor the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
On Wednesday December 18th the Prefecture of Lakonia and DIAZOMA are holding a special event in Sparti in honor of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. The SNF supported the study DIAZOMA carried out for the restoration of the ancient theater of Sparta.