18 MARCH 2018Delivery of a Vehicle to the Municipality of Anogia, Crete, part of the SNF’s Grant to the National Center for Emergency CareOn Sunday, March 18th, 2018, the Municipality of Anogia in Crete, received one of the 143 fully-equipped ambulances, as part of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s grant to the National Center for Emergency Care (EKAV), totaling €14 million, which was announced in April 2017.
- SNF representatives traveled to Johannesburg, South Africa, to visit a variety of hospitals in the region within the context of SNF’s international health grant making activity.
- Applications for the Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship in the Queen Elizabeth II Academy for Leadership in International Affairs at Chatham House have officially opened!
- On Friday, March 16th, 2018, the non-profit initiative Safe Water Sports will host an event for the presentation of the educational program, entitled: “Safe Water Sports and the Safety of Children in the Water”.
14 MARCH 2018Event for the Completion of the Illuminart and the Virtual Aquarium Project Implemented by Art dans la Cité in Hospitals in Greece and FranceOn Friday, March 16th, 2018, the Aglaia Kyriakou Children’s Hospital in Athens organizes an event to celebrate the completion of the “Illuminart and the Virtual Aquarium” project implemented by the organization Art dans la Cité in three hospitals in Greece and in France: The Aglaia Kyriakou Children’s Hospital, the pediatric and orthopaedic surgery ward in Hospital Armand Trousseau in Paris and the Centre for physical rehabilitation in Bonifacio Hospital in Corsica.
- On Thursday, March 15th, and Friday, March 16th, 2018, the Jewish Museum of Greece will host its 23rd seminar for educators, entitled: “Teaching about the Holocaust in Greece”.
- Among the talented Greek and international artists that comprise the dance landscape of this year’s Summer Nostos Festival (SNFestival), choreographer and Director of the Greek National Opera Ballet, Konstantinos Rigos, will recreate the emblematic work “Le Sacre du Printemps."
13 MARCH 2018Congratulations to the Onassis Foundation/Onassis Cultural Center in New York on the international distinction for the “A World of Emotions: Greece, 700 BC-200 AD” exhibition!The SNF family congratulates the Onassis Foundation/Onassis Cultural Center in New York for receiving the Global Fine Art Awards (GFAA)’s 2017 Youniversal Award for “A World of Emotions: Ancient Greece, 700 BC – 200 AD”!
- On Friday, March 9, 2018, the Board of Trustees at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, passed a resolution supporting the establishment of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University.