- 02 APRIL 2014 / "Renzo Piano Building Workshop – Piece by Piece” Exhibition Guide
The exhibition "Renzo Piano Building Workshop – Piece by Piece” opened in Padua on March 15th at the Palazzo della Ragione, as part of the International Biennial Architecture, showcasing models of architectural projects spanning more than thirty years by the Renzo Piano Building Workshop. The exhibition first took place in the Gagosian Gallery in New York, where it was solely funded by the SNF.
- 01 APRIL 2014 / The “Journey to the SNFCC”continues in the municipalities of Lykovrisi-Pefki, Kropia and Peristeri
The “Journey to the SNFCC” continues in various municipalities across Attica, through the open participation of the public in cultural and educational events carried out as part of the program. The main purpose of the program is to give citizens the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the SNFCC and its philosophy, as well as to create a fresh approach through which the country’s citizens may engage with the project that aims to contribute in the enhancement of their everyday lives.
- 31 MARCH 2014 / The First “Concert in a Pocket” at the VC
On March 29th the first of the “Opera in a Pocket” series of concerts took place at the SNFCC Visitors Center by the Greek National Opera.
- 28 MARCH 2014 / SNF to Participate in Seminar Organized by Carnegie UK Trust in Collaboration with OECD
On March 31st, the SNF will participate in a multi-stakeholder one day seminar organized by Carnegie UK Trust in collaboration with the OECD in Paris.
- 27 MARCH 2014 / Musical storytelling of three fairytales for adults, in two voices at the Visitors Center on April 5th
The monthly themed series entitled “Action Radius – Points of Contact” taking place at the Visitors Center of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), is inaugurated with the event entitled “On the path of magical fairytales: Three Greek magical fairytales (and one more) in two voices”, narrated by Lilly Lambrelli with vocals and vocal improvisations by Elli Arvaniti, which will take place on Saturday, April 5th.
- 26 MARCH 2014 / Exhibition on “No Country for Young Men: Contemporary Greek Art in Times of Crisis” inaugurated at Palais Des Beaux-Arts
The exhibition “No Country for Young Men: Contemporary Greek Art in Times of Crisis” opens to the public on March 27th at the Palais des Beaux-Arts (BOZAR Centre for Fine Arts), in Brussels with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 19 MARCH 2014 / SNF Launches Two Initiatives in Partnership with The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation announced today the beginning of two initiatives, in partnership with The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University, to enhance understanding of the biology of the mind and the complexity of human behavior.
- 19 MARCH 2014 / The “Journey to the SNFCC”continues in the Municipalities of Metamorfosi and Alimos with two “Opera in a Suitcase” performances
The “Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center” continues and visits additional municipalities in the wider region of Attica.
- 18 MARCH 2014 / Reception at Greek Embassy in Washington D.C. to introduce the new Center for Talented Youth in Greece
On March 18th, 2014 Anatolia College and Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth (CTY) held a reception at the Greek Embassy in Washington D.C. to introduce the new Center for Talented Youth Greece at Anatolia College to the local community.