- On Friday, March 2nd, 2018, the rehabilitation center “ELEPAP - Rehabilitation for the Disabled” will host an event celebrating its 80th anniversary of consecutive operation. At the event, the organization will honor its longtime supporters ever since its establishment, including the SNF.
- The Summer Nostos Festival (SNFestival), summer’s largest open celebration, which is organized and funded exclusively by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), invites once again this year young and old to be part of its team of volunteers and experience the preparation and execution process of such a large event.
26 FEBRUARY 2018Open House New York Presents the New York Public Library Mid-Manhattan Library RenovationOn Tuesday, March 6th, 2018, as part of its Projects in Planning series, Open House New York will present the renovation plans for The New York Public Library’s Mid-Manhattan Library, which will reopen in 2020 as the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Library (SNFL), a state-of-the-art facility that will serve the public in transformative ways.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) was awarded with the Green Roof Leadership Award 2018 at the 5th International Green Roof Congress, which took place in Kuwait, on February 17th and 18th.
- One year ago, today, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) held a large celebration, open to all, to mark the completion of the delivery of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) to its permanent owner, the Greek State and, by extension, to the Greek society.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) along with the Renzo Piano Foundation and Fundación Botín have established the annual architectural award “RPWT 2018 -Renzo Piano World Tour 2018” for the best thesis focusing on the theme: “Art of Construction: the importance of structural details”.
- A few months away from the completion of the historic transition of the National Library of Greece to its new premises at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), the international news agency “Agence France-Presse (AFP)” hosts an extensive feature on NLG’s relocation to its new home at the SNFCC.
22 FEBRUARY 2018Inauguration of the Νew CT Scanner at the General Hospital of Corinth with the SNF’s supportOn Monday, February 26th, 2018, the General Hospital of Corinth will inaugurate its new CT Scanner with high quality diagnostic imaging capabilities. The CT Scanner was solely funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- Between February 17th and February 19th, 2018, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) welcomed around 70,000 visitors, just a few days before it celebrates its first year of operation following its delivery to the Greek State and the Greek society.