- 09 June 2017 / Free Admission with Priority Passes for Selected Events
Within a few days, the curtain opens for the Summer Nostos Festival (SNFestival), the summer’s greatest celebration, organized and exclusively funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) that will welcome thousands of visitors of all age groups and interests at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 08 June 2017 / Spring 2017 Visit to Lao
This spring, a representative from SNF visited Lao. The SNF assists with projects of “World Education” focusing on issues of UXOs in Lao, supports restoration works of the old Temples in Luang Prabang, and assists the local Orphanage School with supplies and vocational training.
- 08 June 2017 / Inauguration of the commemorative exhibition, entitled “Techni Group, 100 years”, at the Byzantine and Christian Museum
On Wednesday, June 7th, the commemorative exhibition of the National Gallery – Alexandros Soutzos Museum was inaugurated at the premises of the Byzantine and Christian Museum, in the presence of H.E. The President of the Hellenic Republic, Mr. Prokopios Pavlopoulos.
- 08 June 2017 / The onset of a new collaboration
Fun, Games, Football and Basketball, Rectangular football pitches, Round pitches, Irregular pitches, Conversation, Friendships, Greece, Syria, Italy, Lebanon, FC Barcelona, Mediterranean, the Whole World, Running, Tiredness, Break, Conversation, Running again, Goals using feet, Goals using hands, Goals without a ball, summer, autumn, winter, spring, FUN!
- 08 June 2017 / Inauguration of the new model structure of the Municipal Clinic of Kipseli, with the SNF support
On Wednesday, June 7th, the first model Municipal Clinic of Kipseli was inaugurated by the Mayor of Athens, Mr. George Kaminis. The building that houses the Municipal Clinic underwent a complete redesign, thus allowing the Clinic to provide holistic support to vulnerable social groups, such as single-parent families, refugees, the uninsured and the homeless.
- 08 June 2017 / The Association “Friends of the Child” honors the SNF, during its supporters’ award ceremony
On the occasion of 30 years of supporting children from vulnerable social groups, on Wednesday, June 7th the Association “Friends of the Child” held an event, at the National Historical Museum, where it honored its major supporters over the years, including the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 07 June 2017 / The first concert of the Young Musicians’ Academy of the Athens State Orchestra at the Athens Concert Hall
The newly formed Young Musicians’ Academy of the Athens State Orchestra gives its first concert on Wednesday, June 7th, at the Athens Concert Hall in celebration of the completion of its one-year pilot operation.
- 07 June 2017 / Annual Spring Gala from The Public Theater
On Monday, June 5th, The Public Theater held their annual spring gala in Central Park. Remarks were given by Arielle Tepper Madover, Chair of the Board of Trustees, Patrick Willingham, Executive Director, and Mandy Hackett, Associate Artistic Director.
- 07 June 2017 / Only Connect!
Never before has it been so easy for people to be in touch with one another. Mass media and mass communications have redrawn maps and erased distances great and small such that nothing seems to stand in the way of me talking to you, you talking to me, us seeing them and them seeing us.