- Reflecting on a year of many milestones, the SNFCC welcomes 2018 with hope, optimism and culture, by bringing together a varied program of events that celebrates different modes of artistic expression by Greek and international creators.
10 JANUARY 2018Inauguration of Medical Equipment at the “Mamatsio” General Hospital of Kozani with the SNF’s SupportOn Thursday, January 11th, 2018, the “Mamatsio” General Hospital of Kozani inaugurates the new equipment of the Cardiology Clinic which has already begun its full operation, particularly enhancing the Hospital’s quality of care in the Cardiology Clinic and the Coronary Care Unit.
- SNF grantees Theater of War Productions and WNYC have announced a new partnership to present six free performances at The Jerome L. Greene Space, WNYC’s state-of-the-art performance and broadcast studio in New York City.
- Why is the credibility of news being constantly challenged, why we keep choosing social media platforms as a news source and how can one avoid falling into the trap of fake news? Is the disregard for modern journalism worldwide a sign of modern times or does its roots go back?
- On Tuesday, January 9th, 2018, the Architecture Department of the University of Patras is hosting a lecture on the construction of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), featuring the Director of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s Technical Department, Mr. Theodore Maravelias.
- The 2017 world finals of the Land Rover 4x4 in Schools STEM competition, held in December 2017, in Abu Dhabi, brought together more than 150 students from schools in 16 countries to present their work and knowledge of 4x4 vehicle design, development, research and manufacturing.
02 JANUARY 2018Call for applications for the SNF Scholarship Program at the Columbia Journalism SchoolIn collaboration with the internationally recognized Columbia Journalism School in New York, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) has established a Scholarship Program allowing entry-level and mid-career mass media professionals, as well as recent journalism program graduates from Greece, to attend three specialized training courses in journalism.
- More than 20.000 visitors joined in the New Year’s Eve festivities at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) that welcomed 2018 with lots of music, dancing, treats and many more surprises!
- We wish you all happy holidays and a creative, fruitful and peaceful New Year.