- 08 APRIL 2011 / Bucknell professors receive approval for first U.S.-Greek archaeological dig in Thebes
LEWISBURG, PΑ – Two Bucknell University professors have been selected to lead the first joint Greek-American archaeological dig in the ancient city of Thebes, Greece – the first such excavation of the historic Ismenion Hill area in nearly a century.
- 05 APRIL 2011 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation grants $500,000 to assist Japan relief and aid operations
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) announced today that it will grant $500,000 to assist Japan relief and aid operations. The funds will be directed to the Japanese Red Cross Society (JRCS) and the Japan Society in equal grants of $250,000.
- 03 APRIL 2011 / Ioannis Trohopoulos, Director of the Veria Central Public Library, talks to The National Herald
The director of the Veria Central Public Library, Ioannis Trohopoulos, talks to The National Herald about the library, the award in 2010 from the Bill &Melinda Gates Foundation, and his collaboration with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 31 MARCH 2011 / Press coverage on the preliminary Master Plan for the redevelopment of Faliron Bay
A series of articles in the Greek press on the presentation of Renzo Piano’s preliminary Master Plan for the redevelopment of the Faliron Bay coastal front.
- 31 MARCH 2011 / National Herald article on panel discussion about Greece and the financial crisis
Article in The National Herald on a panel discussion concerning Greece and the financial crisis, with the participation of economists from Yale and Penn State University.
- 30 MARCH 2011 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is funding the Preliminary Master Plan for the regeneration of the Faliron Bay coastal zone
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation, in response to a grant request by the Greek State, has provided funding amounting to EURO €3 million for the carrying out of the Preliminary Master Plan intended for the regeneration of the Faliron Bay area (coastal front of Kallithea-Moshato-Paleo Faliro).
- 18 MARCH 2011 / Retrospective exhibition on Ioannis Altamuras opening at the Benaki Museum
The opening of a major retrospective exhibition on the life and work of Ioannis Altamuras will take place on the 30th of March at the Pireos Annex of the Benaki Museum. The exhibition will remain open to the public until the 22nd of May 2011.
- 15 MARCH 2011 / Laying of the foundation stone for the new Mary Rose Museum in Portsmouth (United Kingdom)
The ceremony to lay the foundation stone for the new Mary Rose Museum will take place on March 18th 2011 in the presence of HRH Prince Harry. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Learning Center, which is part of the new Mary Rose Museum.
- 04 MARCH 2011 / The National Herald: Maria Callas exhibition
An article in The National Herald about the exhibition Maria Callas: A Woman, a Voice, a Myth at the Italian Cultural Institute in New York. The exhibition takes place in collaboration with the Consulate General of Greece in New York, with major support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.