- 19 October 2016 / November at the SNFCC
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation will hand over the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center to the Greek State in early 2017. During the transition phase, the Foundation continues its mission to introduce the project to the public through a daily and dynamic program of free public events that, offers visitors an opportunity to experience SNFCC’s programmatic potential, and its place as an urban destination for everyone.
- 19 October 2016 / Peter Voulkos Exhibit at the Museum of Arts and Design
On Tuesday, October 18th, the exhibition Voulkos: The Breakthrough Years opened at the Museum of Arts and Design (MAD) in New York City. The exhibit, supported in part by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, will display the works of visionary Greek-American artist, Peter Voulkos, through the early years of his career (1953 – 1968).
- 17 October 2016 / Architectural Record article on the SNFCC
Architecture and interior design magazine, Architectural Record, featured an article about the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) in its September 2016 issue, titled “Hitting a High Note”.
- 14 October 2016 / SNFCC Wins ENR 2016 Global Best Projects Award
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) has received an ENR 2016 Global Best Projects Award.
- 11 October 2016 / Architectural Digest on the SNFCC
The industry leader Architectural Digest presents in its latest issue the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center in an article entitled “The New Eden”.
- 11 October 2016 / Fellowship Program by the Technical University of Eastern Macedonia & Thrace with the SNF support
On Tuesday, October 4th an event was organized by the Technical University of Eastern Macedonia & Thrace, in the city of Kavala, where 15 young scientists who were selected to join the SNF Fellowship Program were awarded.
- 06 October 2016 / "Open Schools" by the Municipality of Athens, supported by the SNF
On Wednesday, October 5th the Municipality of Athens organized a Press conference presenting the program "Open Schools for the Neighborhood" in light of its commencement on October 17th.
- 04 October 2016 / SNF Board Member Dr. Heini Murer Νamed Honorary Doctor of the School of Health Sciences at the University of Patra
On Wednesday September 21st Professor of Physiology and SNF Board Member, Dr. Heini Murer, was named Honorary Doctor of the School of Health Sciences at the University of Patra, following a proposal by the University’s Medical School.
- 04 October 2016 / Inauguration of the “Odysseys” exhibition at the National Archaeological Museum
On Monday, October 3rd the temporary exhibition “Odysseys” was inaugurated at the National Archaeological Museum in presence of H.E. The President of the Hellenic Republic, Mr. Prokopios Pavlopoulos. The exhibition is the main commemorative event on the occasion of the 150th anniversary since the foundation of the Museum, and is made possible through the SNF support.