- The week of January 8th, 2018, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) in Washington, D.C. hosted the first CSIS Practicum in Modern Journalism: Reporting on International Affairs. The program is exclusively supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- In December 2017, FC Barcelona offered an unforgettable weekend to Nujeen Mustafá, a young Syrian refugee. FC Barcelona team driver surprised Nujeen by bringing the club’s bus to her home and driving her to watch a game at its home stadium, Camp Nou, as well as to meet the team’s players.
- On Thursday, January 11th, 2018, the Brooklyn Museum in New York hosted its inaugural Free Thursday, exclusively supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. On Thursday nights, from 6pm to 10pm, the Museum will be open to all, providing free access to exhibitions, lectures, workshops, and more. In addition to its current exhibitions, the evening features a salsa party and collection tour, both open to all visitors.
12 JANUARY 2018The Delivery of the Vehicles to EKAV’s Branches across Greece, as part of the SNF’s Grant, is under wayToday, Friday January 12th, 2018, the first 22 vehicles were distributed for operation to EKAV in the Attica region, as well as to the rest of the organization’s branches across Greece. EKAV crew members were trained in the operation of the new vehicles.
11 JANUARY 2018Inauguration of the Photography Exhibition “Critical Archives III: Identities” at the Museum of Contemporary Art of CreteOn Saturday, January 13th, 2018, the Contemporary Art Museum of Crete and the NGO KOLEKTIV8 are inaugurating the exhibition entitled “Critical Archives III: Identities”, part of the 2nd MedPhoto Festival | Europe: the faces and the territory, which is made possible through the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- Reflecting on a year of many milestones, the SNFCC welcomes 2018 with hope, optimism and culture, by bringing together a varied program of events that celebrates different modes of artistic expression by Greek and international creators.
10 JANUARY 2018Inauguration of Medical Equipment at the “Mamatsio” General Hospital of Kozani with the SNF’s SupportOn Thursday, January 11th, 2018, the “Mamatsio” General Hospital of Kozani inaugurates the new equipment of the Cardiology Clinic which has already begun its full operation, particularly enhancing the Hospital’s quality of care in the Cardiology Clinic and the Coronary Care Unit.
- SNF grantees Theater of War Productions and WNYC have announced a new partnership to present six free performances at The Jerome L. Greene Space, WNYC’s state-of-the-art performance and broadcast studio in New York City.
- Why is the credibility of news being constantly challenged, why we keep choosing social media platforms as a news source and how can one avoid falling into the trap of fake news? Is the disregard for modern journalism worldwide a sign of modern times or does its roots go back?