- 19 MARCH 2014 / SNF Launches Two Initiatives in Partnership with The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation announced today the beginning of two initiatives, in partnership with The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University, to enhance understanding of the biology of the mind and the complexity of human behavior.
- 19 MARCH 2014 / The “Journey to the SNFCC”continues in the Municipalities of Metamorfosi and Alimos with two “Opera in a Suitcase” performances
The “Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center” continues and visits additional municipalities in the wider region of Attica.
- 18 MARCH 2014 / Reception at Greek Embassy in Washington D.C. to introduce the new Center for Talented Youth in Greece
On March 18th, 2014 Anatolia College and Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth (CTY) held a reception at the Greek Embassy in Washington D.C. to introduce the new Center for Talented Youth Greece at Anatolia College to the local community.
- 17 MARCH 2014 / The Mobile Medical Units Visit Amorgos
Following the successful first mission of the two Mobile Medical Units to Kastelorizo, on January 17-20, the Mobile Units completed their second trip, this time to Amorgos, where they offered free access to comprehensive healthcare services to all of the island’s residents.
- 13 MARCH 2014 / The SNF supports the earthquake stricken Kefalonia, with a grant amounting to €1.3 million towards the Nursing Home – Lixouri Charity Foundation
Following the devastating earthquake that hit Kefalonia during the two previous months, and having as its primary objective the support of the island’s inhabitants, the Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (www.SNF.org) approved an emergency grant amounting to €1.3 million, towards the Nursing Home for the Elderly – Lixouri Charitable Foundation (www.girokomeio-lixouriou.gr). This donation by the Foundation is the single largest grant for emergency relief to respond to a natural disaster that the Foundation has ever provided worldwide.
- 12 MARCH 2014 / The Guardian Presents: “How the ancient Greeks shaped modern mathematics”
The Guardian hosts a video animation produced by the grantee Royal Institution (Ri), with the SNF’s support, on how Ancient Greek revolutionary thinkers changed the way we see mathematics, as not merely a way of performing calculations, but a way of understanding and testing the reality of the world around us. Ancient thinking is still helping engineers, scientists, economists, architects gain a better understanding of our world.
- 12 MARCH 2014 / SNF and SNFCC at the opening of the RPBW Εxhibition Piece by Piece
Representatives of the SNF and SNFCC will be attending the opening of the exhibition "Renzo Piano Building Workshop – Piece by Piece” taking place at the Palazzo della Ragione in Padova, Italy as part of the International Biennial Architecture, showcasing models of architectural projects spanning more than thirty years by the Renzo Piano Building Workshop.
- 12 MARCH 2014 / Fingerprints Exhibition by the Association of Social responsibility for Children and Youth – SKEP
On Friday March 14th at 19:00 the SNF grantee Association of Social responsibility for Children and Youth – SKEP is organizing at Museum Vorre the annual interactive exhibition “Fingerprints”, which aims to approach “the other”.
- 11 MARCH 2014 / Yale University’s ELI Magazine on SNF Landmark Grant to Yale School of Art
Yale University’s ELI Magazine reports on the SNF’s latest grant to the Yale School of Art, marking a major milestone towards the SNF’s long support to the University. The SNF’s latest grant creates a permanent, unrestricted endowment at Yale that will support core priorities of the Yale School of Art, while naming in perpetuity the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Dean. The endowment will help to advance the school’s leadership and presence in the global fine arts community.