23 APRIL 2018Interview of the SNF Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, on the magazine Days of Art in GreeceThe Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, granted a comprehensive interview to journalist Mary Adamopoulou for the magazine Days of Art in Greece, regarding the SNF’s activities and goals.
- On April 22nd SNF representatives participated in the 5th Annual Assembly of the grantee DIAZOMA. The Meeting was attended by representatives of the local and regional authorities, Committees of Antiquities, the Minister of Culture, Ms. Koniordou, partnering corporations and Foundations, as well as members of the academic and archaeological community.
20 APRIL 2018Inauguration of the Renovated Facilities of the Rehabilitation Center for Disabled Children of Attica with the SNF’s supportOn Friday, April 20th, 2018, the Center of Social Welfare of Attica held the inauguration of the three buildings that were renovated though a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation at the Rehabilitation Center for Disabled Children of Attica.
- On Tuesday, April 24, 2018 the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) will host a discussion entitled “China and North Korea – What’s Next?” The discussion is part of the CSIS Schieffer Series, which is running in its 8th consecutive year.
- On Thursday, April 19, 2018, the Hostos Community College Foundation hosted its 50th Anniversary Scholarship Benefit. The event was attended by supporters of Hostos Community College (HCC), including representatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foudation (SNF).
20 APRIL 20186th Balkan Museum Network Annual Conference “Meet, See, Do” in Thessaloniki with the SNF’s supportThe 6th edition of the International Conference “Meet, See, Do” took place from April 18th to April 20th, 2018, in Thessaloniki. The conference was organized by the Balkan Museum Network (BMN) and the Foundation Cultural Heritage without Borders (CHwB) Bosnia and Herzegovina and was made possible through the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- On Thursday, April 19, 2018, the Bell Artspace Campus held its grand opening in New Orleans, Louisiana. Artspace transformed the Bell Artspace Campus, formerly Bell School in Treme, into affordable housing units for artists, community culture bearers, and their families.
- Following the completion of the scheduled maintenance work at the Stavros Niarchos Park at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center for the conservation of its ecosystem, as well as its surrounding recreational spaces, the Park is ready to welcome spring, inviting all visitors to spend moments of recreation, rest, share new experiences and enjoy a multitude of events.
- On Wednesday, April 18th, 2018, the Queen Elizabeth II September 11th Garden hosted its annual gala. The event was held in New York City and it was attended by supporters of the organization, including representatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).