- 30 November 2017 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Annual Lecture at Yale University with the Hon. Michael S. Dukakis
On Thursday, November 30th, 2017, Yale University hosted the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Annual Lecture on its campus in Connecticut. This year’s lecturer was The Honorable Michael S. Dukakis, Former Governor of Massachusetts, discussing “Bipartisanship in Today’s Political Climate”.
- 30 November 2017 / The Tällberg Foundation Announces Winners of its Eliasson Global Leadership Prize
The Tällberg Foundation announced four winners of The Eliasson Global Leadership Prize: Rodrigo Rubido Alonso from Brazil, Rebecca Heller from the United States, Fiorenzo Omenetto from Italy and the United States, and Bright Simons from Ghana.
- 30 November 2017 / King’s College London Honors Supporters of the Koraes Chair of Modern Greek and Byzantine History, Language and Literature
On Wednesday, November 29th, King’s College London hosted a celebratory dinner for honoring the funders and supporters of the Koraes Chair of Modern Greek and Byzantine History, Language and Literature, to which the SNF has been a major donor.
- 30 November 2017 / SNF Supports the Teacher Advisor Platform
Τhe Stavros Niarchos Foundation, in collaboration with IBM, is supporting the electronic platform TeacherAdvisor.org, that offers 1,000 math lessons, strategies, and videos for teachers of grades K-5.
- 29 November 2017 / SNF Internship Program: Call for applications for the Summer and Fall Period 2018
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation launches today a call for applications for the next round of Summer and Fall 2018 internships. The application deadline is Friday, December 29th, 2017.
- 28 November 2017 / Training program on Scratch programming supported by the SNF
The Educational Content, Methodology and Technology Laboratory of the Hellenic Open University implements a series of training, interactive seminars that introduce students and teachers in Primary and Secondary education to fundamental concepts in programming, based on “Scratch”, a visual programming environment.
- 28 November 2017 / The SNF attends event in honor of bone marrow donor volunteers
The Centre of Bone Marrow Donor Volunteers (CBMDP) – “Save a Life” along with the Parents Association of Children with Cancer – Floga, held on Monday, November 27th, 2017, an event to honor Greek bone marrow donors. During the event, bone marrow recipients met with their donors.
- 28 November 2017 / The 2017 Tällberg Global Leaders discuss “Leadership in the 21st Century”
The Tällberg Foundation recently announced the selection of four new Tällberg Global Leaders. They join a select group of individuals from around the world whose work, accomplishments and prospects embody the kind of leadership needed in the 21st century.
- 27 November 2017 / Inauguration of a modern MRI Scanner installed at the University General Hospital of Ioannina, with an exclusive SNF grant
On Monday, November 27th, 2017, the University General Hospital of Ioannina inaugurated a new MRI Scanner with high quality diagnostic imaging capabilities, which has already started full operations in the Radiology Department of the Hospital.