- 05 June 2017 / The New York Times on the Brooklyn Community Bail Fund
The New York Times recently published an article about the effects of the bail system on low-income populations. The article discusses the work of SNF grantee, the Brooklyn Community Bail Fund, one of several charities created to pay bail for citizens who would otherwise go to jail for low-level offenses.
- 02 June 2017 / The SNFCC on the French television network France 5
The weekly thematic television show “SILENCE, ça pousse!”, which presents gardening and nature features, held a tribute on the Stavros Niarchos Park, which is introduced as an architectural and natural marvel.
- 02 June 2017 / “Orthographs” Book Presentation by Yiorgis Yerolymbos at MoMA
On Thursday, June 1, “Orthographs” by Yiorgis Yerolymbos was celebrated, at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York City.
- 01 June 2017 / Event in celebration of the two-year anniversary since the launch of the “Open Schools” program
On Wednesday, May 31st, the program “Open Schools” of the Municipality of Athens held an open event at the Open School of Petralona (76th Primary School) to celebrate the two years since the start of its implementation.
- 01 June 2017 / The New York Review of Books the Berlin Painter Exhibition at Princeton University
On May 24th, The New York Review of Books published a review of “The Berlin Painter and His World” Exhibition at the Princeton University Art Museum, supported exclusively by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 31 May 2017 / The New York Times Produces Theater-of-War-Inspired Readings by Military Veterans
On May 26th, The New York Times published two powerful videos containing readings of Sophocles’ Ajax and Philoctetes by a dozen United States military veterans. The productions were inspired by the work of Theater of War, a Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) grantee.
- 31 May 2017 / 28th General Assembly and Conference of the European Foundation Centre (EFC)
The 28th annual General Assembly and Conference of the European Foundation Centre (EFC), a central meeting point for the European and international philanthropy sector, takes place from May 31st to June 2nd, in Warsaw.
- 30 May 2017 / June – July Program of Events at the SNFCC
Discover all the athletic, educational and cultural activities organized by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 30 May 2017 / Meeting of members and supporters of the Museum and Cultural Organizations Professionals Network at Art Athina 2017
On Saturday, May 27th , the Museum and Cultural Organizations Professionals Network, an initiative that was kick-started in the context of the educational and professional development program Transforming Future Museums: International Museum Academy (IMA) of the British Council in Greece, held an open discussion, during the 22nd Art Athina annual art fair.