- 18 NOVEMBER 2013 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Donates $500,000 to Assist Philippines Relief and Operations
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation announced today that it is donating $500,000 to provide emergency relief assistance and to support people affected by Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. The funds will be directed to three organizations, whose work on the region complements each other:
- 18 NOVEMBER 2013 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Supports PEN American Center’s Tribute to C. P. Cavafy in New York
PEN American Center will present a tribute to C. P. Cavafy to commemorate the 150th anniversary of his birth on Monday, November 18 at New York City’s Town Hall. The theatrical evening will combine performances, personal and scholarly reflections, onstage interviews, ”live translations,” and musical numbers that will bring his work to life for contemporary audiences. The event is made possible through a sponsorship from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, in conjunction with the Onassis Foundation (USA) and PEN American Center.
- 11 NOVEMBER 2013 / Renzo Piano visits the SNFCC construction site
On Sunday, November 10th, renowned architect and SNFCC designer, Renzo Piano, visited the project’s construction site to monitor up close the progress of the construction works . Along with the rest of the design team, Renzo Piano toured the site while also visiting the Visitors Center of the SNFCC.
- 04 NOVEMBER 2013 / Completion of the study for the restoration of the ancient theater of Sparta, supported by SNF
Today, the grantee DIAZOMA held a presentation of the study it carried out for the restoration of the ancient theater of Sparta, which was completed through a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. In keeping with the anticipated timeframe, and after a year of intensive research and scientific documentation, DIAZOMA has completed the relevant study and submitted it to the Ministry of Culture’s Central Archaeological Council (CAC), which approved it with honors, on October 15th 2013, opening the way for the restoration of the ancient theater of Sparta and the revival of its original function as a place of gathering and a venue for cultural events.
- 30 OCTOBER 2013 / Dimitra Nikolou and Angeliki Kounava Selected for MoMA Internship Sponsored by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is pleased to announce that Dimitra Nikolou and Angeliki Kounava have been selected by The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) for a 12-month internship program that places young professionals and graduate students in various departments. Dimitra and Angeliki will be a part of the 2013-14 internship class, which includes eleven participants from six countries. MoMA received more than 450 applications from Greek nationals. The internship opportunity is made possible through a three-year grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 21 OCTOBER 2013 / Mount Sinai Queens breaks ground for a new outpatient multispecialty facility
A generous grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation has provided support for an expanded Emergency Room within the new facilities
- 17 OCTOBER 2013 / SNF Supported the Scientific Conference on “Restoration of Forest Ecosystems and Landscapes after natural disasters or other human-induced disturbances”
The scientific conference “Restoration of Forest Ecosystems and Landscapes after natural disasters or other human-induced disturbances” took place in Athens on October 14th and October 15th. The conference was organized by the Greek Organization for the Development of Beneficial Causes, in conjunction with the Institute of Mediterranean Forest Ecosystems and Forest Products Technology and the Department of Forestry and Natural Environment of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- 07 OCTOBER 2013 / The Visitors Center at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center has opened its doors
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) announced today that the Visitors Center located at the SNFCC construction site, along the Esplanade, has opened its doors and is ready to welcome the public.
- 07 OCTOBER 2013 / The Queens Library Foundation honors the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
On October 7th, 2013 the Queens Library Foundation honored the Stavros Niarchos Foundation during its 13th Annual Gala. Program officer, Argero Siklas, received the award on behalf of the Foundation.