- 23 SEPTEMBER 2019 / Spartathlon: 400 Runners from 53 Countries Follow in the Footsteps of Pheidippides
246 kilometers on foot, in under 36 hours.
- 23 SEPTEMBER 2019 / Welcoming October at the SNFCC
October events at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) invite you to welcome autumn with music, dancing, sports activities, lectures, and new experiences for all ages.
- 23 SEPTEMBER 2019 / The CSIS Schieffer Series Presents “The Iran Situation”
Saudi Arabian oil production infrastructure was attacked last week, ratcheting up tensions between the Kingdom, Iran, and the United States. What happens next?
- 20 SEPTEMBER 2019 / New Arts Center Opens on Governor’s Island
On Thursday, September 19, the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council’s Arts Center at Governor’s Island opened to the public.
- 20 SEPTEMBER 2019 / Arthritis Foundation Holds Commitment to a Cure Event
On Thursday, September 19, the Arthritis Foundation held its annual Commitment to a Cure gala in New York.
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2019 / An “Open, Accessible, Transparent” Design for the SNF Agora Institute
“A building that houses an institute dedicated to democracy should be open, accessible, transparent – the work is for everyone,” said Renzo Piano of designs for the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Agora Institute’s new home at Johns Hopkins University.
- 18 SEPTEMBER 2019 / A New Round of iMEdD Programs and New Programmatic Additions
In just seven months, iMEdD has developed a strong presence in the field of journalism, hosting more than 40 participants, 25 lecturers, 30 mentors, 5 special events, and 60 hours of workshops and discussions.
- 18 SEPTEMBER 2019 / “Lessons from the Greek Crisis” at Yale’s annual SNF Lecture
Looking back over what we can learn from a tumultuous decade in Greece and what it portends for the future, Bank of Greece Governor Yannis Stournaras will give this year’s Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Lecture at Yale University’s Hellenic Studies Program.
- 18 SEPTEMBER 2019 / “Performing Our Best When the Pressure is On” at Columbia’s Zuckerman Institute
It’s a truism that young people today are more pressed than ever to excel. Barnard College President Sian Beilock will discuss the science behind the pressure in the latest installment of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Brain Insight Lecture series.