- 24 December 2019 / A Dynamic Start for 2020 at the SNFCC!
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) welcomes the new year with a full program of events for visitors of all ages!
- 23 December 2019 / Greek Diaspora Fellowship Program Announces New Fellows and Expansion
Through the Greek Diaspora Fellowship Program (GDFP), organized by the Institute of International Education (IIE), scholars working around the world in a diversity of disciplines travel to Greece to collaborate with colleagues at higher education institutions around the country. IIE has announced 38 scholars who will begin new Fellowships in January, as well as expansions to the program, which is exclusively supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 23 December 2019 / An Art Museum you Can Visit from the Hospital
The “first virtual museum for hospitalized people” is how Art dans la Cité, the Paris-based organization behind the new Illuminart Museum, describes the project.
- 23 December 2019 / Improving the Quality of Cancer Care in Underserved Communities
Ten cancer treatment practices working among underserved populations around the United States will receive grants aiding staff and clinicians there in their work to provide the best care possible.
- 20 December 2019 / 16th Special Advisory Committee Assembly for the SNF Heath Initiative
On Thursday, December 19th, 2019, the 16th Special Advisory Committee Assembly for the SNF’s Heath Initiative took place between representatives of the Greek state and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 20 December 2019 / January in Vamvakou!
January means the holidays are over in Greece, but in the village of Vamvakou, there’s always a reason for festivities. Dozens of events and activities await visitors in January—as they do every month—in the Laconian mountain village.
- 18 December 2019 / SNF Agora director, author of recent NYT op-ed, to teach Hopkins course
Practicing Democracy, the title of a course she’ll be teaching during Johns Hopkins University’s upcoming Intersession program, is something SNF Agora Institute director Hahrie Han thinks a lot about.
- 17 December 2019 / Columbia’s SNF Public Humanities Initiative Launches with Call for Proposals
The multifarious field of public humanities has at its core the simple aim of engaging the public in thought and conversation on important ideas. In doing this, the new Stavros Niarchos Foundation Public Humanities Initiative (SNFPHI), part of Columbia’s Institute for Ideas and Imagination, will work to activate latent creative potential in Greece for the public benefit.
- 17 December 2019 / The SNF and Basketball Legend Panagiotis Giannakis Join Forces for Youth Empowerment and Establish Field of Life
On Tuesday, December 17, 2019, SNF and basketball legend Panagiotis Giannakis introduced Field of Life, a new nonprofit organization and initiative anchored in Giannakis’s old neighborhood in Southwestern Attica.