- 20 JUNE 2019 / Inaugural Stavros Niarchos Foundation Bioethics Academy Kicks Off in Athens
Advances in biology and medicine might expand the range of our scientific capabilities, but shed no light on what we should do, how those capabilities should be used. That’s where the field of bioethics comes in.
- 18 JUNE 2019 / Expanded Service Hours at the National Library with the Support of the SNF
Starting today, Tuesday June 18, 2019, the National Library of Greece (NLG), with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), will be offering expanded service hours at its new home at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) in order to meet the increased needs of researchers and the wider reading public.
- 18 JUNE 2019 / Nice Social Service Center Inaugurates Improved Facilities
Since 1943, Entraide de l’Eglise Réformée de Nice has worked to provide vital services to the residents of Nice who are most in need. Now, with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Entraide will be able to provide these services a newly accessible and upgraded social center.
- 16 JUNE 2019 / An International News Conference in Athens
More than 700 journalists from 80 countries were in Athens during the previous days.
- 14 JUNE 2019 / Wildlife Conservation Society Holds 2019 Gala
On Wednesday, June 12, Wildlife Conservation Society held their annual gala in New York City.
- 12 JUNE 2019 / Open Discussion with Residents of Komotini and Thessaloniki on New Hospitals to Be Created Through SNF Grant
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), in collaboration with the Municipalities of Komotini and Pylaia-Chortiatis, held two open discussions on the creation of the new General Hospital of Komotini – SNF and of the University Pediatric Hospital of Thessaloniki – SNF.
- 11 JUNE 2019 / Carnegie Hall Holds Medal of Excellence Gala
On Monday, June 10, Carnegie Hall hosted is Medal of Excellence Gala in New York City. The event honored Dr. Vartan Gregorian, president of Carnegie Corporation New York, a grant making foundation.
- 11 JUNE 2019 / Green Career Guidance for Girls
For most children, the environment means nature, trees, sea, sun, wind, maybe even recycling. But on Monday, June 10, female students, ages 10-16, had the opportunity, through the “GIRLS DAY” event, to learn something else related to the environment: green jobs.
- 11 JUNE 2019 / Lung Cancer Research Foundation awards research grants commemorating dear SNF colleague
In memory of our dear colleague Kathryn Louloudis, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) provided support for two new grants through the Lung Cancer Research Foundation (LCRF) for research on disparities in lung cancer. LCRF announced today the awardees of these grants.