- 29 March 2017 / Syrian Emergency Response Grants
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation has approved three grants, totaling USD 500,000, for emergency response support to civilian populations affected by war in Syria. The three grants will support three non-governmental organizations (NGOs): Doctors Without Borders (Medecins Sans Frontieres USA), Save the Children USA, and Mission Enfance, enabling a variety of work, including wide-ranging medical care and equipment, restoring access to education, and psychosocial support.
- 27 March 2017 / Exhibition "Renzo Piano Building Workshop – Piece by Piece” at SNFCC
The exhibition "Renzo Piano Building Workshop – Piece by Piece” will open at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center on April 27th and will last until July 23rd. The exhibition showcases models of architectural projects spanning more than thirty years by the Renzo Piano Building Workshop.
- 27 March 2017 / SKAI TV’s Tora daily show visits the Island of Arkioi
SKAI TV’s Tora daily show visits the island of Arkioi and reports, among others, on the operation of the island’s Elementary School which has been supported by the SNF.
- 24 March 2017 / NewYork-Presbyterian Dedication Event
On Tuesday, March 21st NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital held a dedication event in honor of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Surgical Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Women’s Urgent Care Unit, both funded by the SNF.
- 23 March 2017 / Presentation of the Photographic Essay by Yiorgis Yerolympos: Ortographs
On Thursday, March 30th at 19:30 at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) the presentation of the photographic essay book by Yiorgis Yerolymbos, which traces the construction of the SNFCC complex designed by the architect Renzo Piano, will take place.
- 22 March 2017 / Press Conference - No Finish Line in Athens, with the SNF support
On Tuesday, March 21st, the Press conference for the international philanthropic race No Finish Line took place, which will run for the first time in Athens, between April 26th-30th. The race is supported by the SNF and will be held at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 22 March 2017 / Seventh Annual Challenge Sainte Devote
On Saturday, March 18th, the Fédération Monégasque de Rugby hosted its seventh Challenge Sainte Devote sport event in Monaco, for which the Stavros Niarchos Foundation is a lead supporter.
- 21 March 2017 / Theater of War's Inaugural PAIR Performance
On Monday, March 20th, Theater of War presented an evening of dramatic readings of Sophocles' ancient Greek plays, Ajax and Philoctetes. Actors Reg E. Cathey, Frances McDormand, David Strathairn, Kathryn Erbe performed.
- 20 March 2017 / The Coronary Unit of the General Hospital of Thessaloniki “George Papanikolaou” was renovated with the support of the SNF
On Thursday March 16th, the renovated Coronary Unit of the General Hospital of Thessaloniki was inaugurated. The renovation was made possible through a grant from the SNF.