- 10 July 2017 / Open-air cinema nights in Chalkidiki, with the SNF support
The three-day summer film festival, Parthenώn Film Festival, returns for the third consecutive year, renewing its yearly rendezvous, and invites its audience to experience for three nights, from July 14th to July 16th, a unique, comprehensive cinema experience where masterpieces of the big screen coexist in perfect harmony with short films of young film makers.
- 07 July 2017 / Event in celebration of the completion of pedestrinization projects in the heart of Athens
On Thursday, July 6th, in the context of its initiatives towards the reinvigoration of the Athens Commercial Triangle, the Municipality of Athens delivered to pedestrians the streets of Chrisospiliotissis, Nikiou, Vlachava and Poliklitou, with an open celebration complemented by a series of cultural activities and happenings.
- 07 July 2017 / Inauguration of the new linear accelerator (linac) and medical equipment at the General University Hospital of Crete, with the SNF support
On Friday, July 7th, the General University Hospital of Crete inaugurated the new linear accelerator (linac) which begins its clinical operations, upon the successful completion of the configuration, installation and license works for the machine, streamlining the operation of the Hospital’s radiotherapy department and patient treatment methods in the surrounding areas.
- 07 July 2017 / Positive Planet France inaugurates the first entrepreneurship space in Lyon’s suburbs “La Cocotte”
On Friday, July 7th, SNF Grantee Positive Planet France inaugurated the first entrepreneurship space in Lyon’s suburbs “La Cocotte”, founded in partnership with micro-finance expert association ADIE.
- 06 July 2017 / Event of the National Center for Scientific Research "Demokritos" for the launch of its new fellowship program, with the SNF support
On Wednesday, July 5th, the National Center for Scientific Research "Demokritos" held an event to mark the official launch of the innovative Stavros Niarchos Foundation Industrial Research Fellowship Program that will begin its implementation in autumn 2017.
- 06 July 2017 / The Guardian Presents the SNFCC
The Guardian presents the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) referring to the project as an “enthralling cultural landmark”.
- 05 July 2017 / The expansion and modernization project of the National Gallery – Alexandros Soutzos Museum (EPMAS) is completed with a new grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, totaling €13 million
The exclusive grant of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) leads to the completion of the total renovation of the National Gallery – Alexandros Soutzos Museum (EPMAS). It includes completion of Building B which will be named the “Stavros Niarchos Foundation” Wing of the National Gallery – Alexandros Soutzos Museum and will host its permanent painting collections.
- 04 July 2017 / The Centre des Monuments Nationaux presents the exhibition “Pytheas of Massalia”, with the SNF support.
On Friday, June 7th, the “Centre des Monuments Nationaux will inaugurate the exhibition “Pytheas of Massalia” which intend to highlight the life and work of the Greek astronomer and explorer Pytheas at the Greek property Villa Kerylos in Beaulieu-sur-Mer.
- 04 July 2017 / The three-day music festival Schoolwave will be held for the first time at the SNFCC, with the SNF support
24 school and university bands from all over Greece and many guests come together at the Great Lawn of the Stavros Niarchos Park at SNFCC for a long weekend of live performances that are open to all!