- 03 October 2017 / Rockefeller University Scientist Wins 2017 Nobel Prize
On October 2nd, 2017, the Nobel Committee announced Michael W. Young, Professor at Rockefeller University in New York, has won the 2017 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. He shares the prize with Jeffrey Hall and Michael Rosbash of Brandeis University.
- 03 October 2017 / Vogue on the SNFCC
Hamish Bowles, Vogue’s International Editor at Large, visited Athens recently. His trip to the Greek capital included among others a visit to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center. Mr. Bowles in his article in Vogue exalts the SNFCC’s design and landscape referencing the “heart-stopping views not only of the Aegean waters but a panorama of the city itself.”
- 02 October 2017 / SNF Extends Its Condolences For the Passing of S.I. Newhouse
All of us at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation would like to extend our sincere condolences to Victoria Newhouse and her family for the passing of her husband S.I. Newhouse.
- 02 October 2017 / October at the SNFCC
- 02 October 2017 / Opening of the 14th festival edition “CULTURESCAPES Greece 2017” in Switzerland, with the SNF’s support
On Thursday, October 5th, the CULTURESCAPES inaugurated its 14th edition CULTURESCAPES Greece 2017 festival, in the city of Basel, in Switzerland. CULTURESCAPES, a non-profit foundation, was founded in 2003 with the aim to organize, every two years, a multidisciplinary festival that promotes inter-cultural exchange between Switzerland and other countries in a sustainable way.
- 02 October 2017 / Leading Culture Destinations Awards Committee Highlights SNFCC In Naming Athens as Emerging Cultural City of the World
Athens was named as the Emerging Cultural City of the Year for 2017 at the Leading Culture Destinations (LCD) Award, which have come to be known as the Museum Oscars.
- 02 October 2017 / Inauguration of the new angiography equipment at the General Hospital of Kalamata, with the SNF’s support
On Friday, September 29th, 2017, the General Hospital of Kalamata inaugurated the new angiography equipment which will be operated by the Hospital’s Hemodynamic Laboratory. The new machine has already started its clinical operation, and several invasive and non-invasive medical actions have already been performed.
- 29 September 2017 / Interview of the first SNF Fellows of the Lede Program in Kathimerini
The Greek journalists and fellows of the Lede Program talked to the newspaper Kathimerini about their participation in this year’s intensive summer courses at the Columbia Journalism School, in New York City, made possible through a Scholarship Program exclusively supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 29 September 2017 / The SNF supports the 4th Annual NYC Neighborhood Library Awards
This year, the 4th Annual NYC Neighborhood Library Awards, an initiative of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the Charles H. Revson Foundation, will take place on Monday, October 2nd, at the Hearst Tower in New York City.