- 24 MAY 2016 / Sixteen Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation Lecture at the Peterson Institute
On May 24th, the Peterson Institute hosted the Sixteen Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation Lecture which was delivered by Dr. David Lipton, first Deputy Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund, on the topic: “Can Globalization Still Deliver?”
- 24 MAY 2016 / Children in New York Sing for Children in Greece
On Wednesday, May 18th, students of the day school and afternoon program of The Cathedral School of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocesan Cathedral of the Holy Trinity, together with their teachers, joined their voices to present the Children’s Benefit Concert. All proceeds from the concert were directed to support two children’s organizations in Greece: Cerebral Palsy Greece and SOS Children’s Villages Greece.
- 23 MAY 2016 / Inauguration of the new premises of Orange Grove with the SNF support
On Thursday, May 19th, the Orange Grove held the inauguration event of their new offices which were constructed thought an exclusive grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. The new premises will host the incubator’s most advanced startups, covering the increasing demands of entrepreneurs.
- 16 MAY 2016 / Metamorphosis: The SNFCC to the World
From June 23rd to 26th, 2016, the SNFCC welcomes the public and is transformed into an open space of creativity and exploration.
- 16 MAY 2016 / SNF RUN: Running into the Future
On Thursday, June 23rd, 2016 the evening 6K SNF RUN: Running into the Future will take place for the second consecutive year. The race will commence with the sunset at 20:50, and will start at the center of Athens, at the Panathenaic Stadium, the hosting ground of the first modern Olympic Games, following a route that takes you from the city center to the Stavros Niarchos Park on the coast, via Syngrou Avenue.
- 12 MAY 2016 / SNF Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos visits the Parkway Theatre in Baltimore
SNF Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, accompanied by SNF Chief Operating Officer, Vasilis Tsamis, and SNF Director of Programs & Strategic, Stelios Vasilakis, visited the Parkway Theater in Baltimore to view the construction progress of the project.
- 06 MAY 2016 / The American Ireland Fund announces the $ 1M SNF Grant
On Thursday, May 5th, the American Ireland Fund hosted its annual dinner during which they announced the $1M SNF grant towards the expansion of the Music Generation Program.
- 05 MAY 2016 / The President of Nea Dimokratia Mr. K. Mitsotakis visits the SNFCC
On Wednesday, May 4th, the President of Nea Dimokratia Mr. Kyriakos Mitsotakis visited the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 28 APRIL 2016 / Physics at the “Precision Frontier” Gets $8m Boost from New Partnership
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation and Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics have launched an $8 million partnership to fuel the groundbreaking research of one of the world’s top emerging theoretical particle physicists.