- On Friday, May 18th, 2018, the World Hellenic Biomedical Association – WHBA organized a meeting to introduce the new fellows of its training program for top graduates from medical departments of Greek universities, entitled Stavros Niarchos Foundation Research Training Program in Clinical & Experimental Medicine (RTP-CEM). The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) is the exclusive supporter of the WHBA’s program.
- On Thursday, May 17th 2018, the New York City Police Foundation hosted its annual gala in celebration of the achievements of the New York City Police Department.
- On Wednesday, May 16th, 2018, the Fire Department of New York (FDNY) Foundation hosted its annual dinner to honor supporters of the FDNY with its annual humanitarian awards ceremony.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) invites for the 4th consecutive year runners from across Greece and beyond to take part in the evening race SNF RUN: Running into the Future.
- On May 14th, 2018 an injured citizen at the area of Nafpaktia was carried to safety after another successful search and rescue operation by the Aerial Service of the Hellenic Fire Department with the use of the Super Puma helicopter purchased with a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- The Panhellenic Games Special Olympics - Loutraki 2018 began on Monday, May 14th, 2018, and run until Friday, May 18th, 2018. The Games are held with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s (SNF) largest single grant, presents its sustainability report for 2017, entitled “Sustainability Hub”, the first one to be published by a Greek cultural organization of this scale.
14 MAY 2018The 2018 Tällberg Foundation Workshop Set to Further Explore the Implications of Mass MigrationThe Tällberg Foundation convened a second workshop, following the one held on the island of Lesvos, in 2016, on the dynamics and the implications of mass migration worldwide, this time aiming to push the conversation further.
- During the seventh event of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s monthly series, DIALOGUES, which will be held on Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018 at 17:30, at the 5A Level in the GNO building at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, food connoisseurs will utilize every “ingredient” available, in an enticing discussion on the various emotions brought about by food, but also on the ritual surrounding its preparation, consumption and enjoyment.