- 20 July 2017 / Greek Diaspora Fellowship Program Selects 30 Diaspora Fellows to Conduct Projects with Greek Universities
This summer, thirty Greek- and Cypriot-born scholars hailing from a cross-section of twenty-eight prominent United States and Canadian universities are traveling to Greece to conduct academic projects with their peers at Greek universities as part of the Greek Diaspora Fellowship Program.
- 19 July 2017 / BLUE Magazine Hosts Interview with SNFCC Architect Renzo Piano
Aegean Airline’s in-flight Magazine hosts an interview with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center’s architect, Renzo Piano in its July-August edition.
- 18 July 2017 / Τhe New Linear Accelerator Has Been Installed at the University General Hospital of Alexandroupolis with an SNF Grant
The fifth SNF funded brand-new linear accelerator (linac) has been installed at the University General Hospital of Alexandroupolis in Greece, as part of the SNF’s Radiotherapy Program.
- 17 July 2017 / The SNF Lead Donor of the 5th Syros International Film Festival
The Syros International Film Festival returns for the fifth summer, this year aspiring to reflect the power of synergies between different art forms, unique film experiences and traditions from all over the world.
- 14 July 2017 / Graduation Ceremony of the 16th Olympia Summer Academy
On Tuesday, July 18th, the Olympia Summer Academy is holding a graduation ceremony for the students that participated in this year’s cycle of seminars, focusing on different thematic areas of Political Science and International Studies.
- 14 July 2017 / “This Is Reading” Multimedia Installation Opens, with the SNF support
“This Is Reading”, a dynamic site-specific multimedia installation blending live performance and visual media, will open in Downtown Reading, Pennsylvania on Friday, July 14. The installation will occupy the historic Franklin Street Railroad Station, re-animating the long vacant building.
- 14 July 2017 / This Is America & The World Visits Greece
On Thursday, July 6th, Episode 1 of “This Is America & The World Visits Greece” premiered on PBS, supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. The program highlights the culture, economy, history and government of Greece in a three-episode series.
- 13 July 2017 / Academic Excellence Scholarships in the field of Civil Society Organizations in the memory of Tzanetos Antypas
Within the next ten years, the Department of Political Science and International Relations (PSIR) of the University of Peloponnese, with an exclusive grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), will offer twenty (20) scholarships in the memory of the Founder and President of the NGO PRAKSIS, Tzanetos Antypas, an emblematic personality of the Greek civil society, who left us early, leaving behind an important social work legacy.
- 13 July 2017 / The SNF Αttends Event in honor of Athens Law School Students
On Wednesday, July 12th, the University of Athens held an event at its premises honoring the students of the Athens Law School for their participation and excellence in international law moot court competitions, during the 2016-2017 academic year.