- 03 DECEMBER 2011 / National Herald: A Stavros Niarchos Foundation initiative to fight poverty
An extensive article in the English edition of the National Herald on the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s new initiative to provide support towards the efforts to address homelessness and hunger in Greece.
- 29 NOVEMBER 2011 / A new initiative by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation aims to help ease effects of the growing socio-economic crisis in Greece
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, recognizing the consequences of the extended financial crisis keenly felt across all strata of Greek society, has approved a series of grants addressing the country’s mounting social needs. Supported by an initial budget of €1,500,000 ($1,995,600), the grants will sponsor a series of pilot programs in three areas: provision of Social Housing services to prevent homelessness, operation of Day Centers to support the homeless, and distribution of Food Aid.
- 29 NOVEMBER 2011 / To Vima: Public and Municipal Libraries get an upgrade
An extensive article in the electronic daily, To Vima, on the plans to upgrade a large number of municipal and public libraries throughout Greece.
- 08 NOVEMBER 2011 / The exhibition Panagiotis Tetsis: Painting Today opens on Thursday, 10 November
The exhibition Panagiotis Tetsis: Painting Today opens on Thursday, 10 November at the New Exhibition Space, the new wing of the Athens Concert Hall.
- 02 NOVEMBER 2011 / One-day lecture series entitled “A la recherche des racines d’Alexandre le Grand” at the Goethe Institute in Paris
A one-day lecture series entitled “A la recherche des racines d’Alexandre le Grand”, organized by the Centre Culturel Hellenique, will take place on Friday, 4th November at the Goethe Institute in Paris.
- 21 OCTOBER 2011 / The New York Times: A different Greece on view at the Louvre
The New York Times reviews “In the Kingdom of Alexander the Great, Ancient Macedonia” at the Louvre, focusing on the show as evidence of the East’s influence on the region.
- 19 OCTOBER 2011 / WNYC: Film Fest Reflects Societal Changes in Greece
WNYC, New York City’s public radio station, interviews NYC Greek Film Festival Director James DeMetro and features clips of some of the festival’s films.
- 17 OCTOBER 2011 / Stavros Niarchos Foundation Volunteers for New York Cares Day
On October 15, 2011, over 7,000 volunteers provided more than $1 million in service to New York City public schools through creating colorful murals, re-painting hundreds of classrooms, and organizing dozens of libraries and storage closets.
- 15 OCTOBER 2011 / Ta Nea: This is how Alexander came to the Louvre
An extensive interview in Ta Nea with Louvre’s curator Sophie Descamps-Lequime on the museum’s major exhibit on ancient Macedonia.