- The French weekly magazine, Le Point, featured an extensive article, under the title “The new temple of Athens”, exalting the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center’s landscape and design. The article particularly notes that the SNFCC is “an emblematic space of the Greek capital that sees itself again becoming attractive, creative, away from the sad images of the financial crisis”.
07 AUGUST 2018Opening of the 2nd “ANO” International Organ Festival on the island of Syros, with the SNF’s SupportThe 2nd International Organ Festival “ANO” takes place from August 20th to August 26th, 2018, with free admission, at the St. George’s Cathedral in the area of Ano Syros.
03 AUGUST 2018The Center for Ballet and the Arts Announces Opening of 2019-2020 Fellowship ApplicationThe Center for Ballet and the Arts (CBA) has announced the opening of the 2019-2020 CBA Fellowship application. The CBA Fellowship Program invites artists and scholars to the Center to develop self-directed projects.
- A new regulation in Greece aims to simplify the grantmaking procedures for grants from private entities to public sector institutions. The 55th Article was published at the Official Government Gazette of the Greek Parliament on Monday, July 30th, 2018.
02 AUGUST 2018Worldreader Releases Results From the LEAP (Libraries, E-Reading, Activities & Partnership) Project in Kenya, Supported by the SNFOn August 1st, 2018, Worldreader, in partnership with the Kenya National Library Service (KNLS), released results from the LEAP (Libraries, E-Reading, Activities & Partnership) project in Kenya. Implemented over 3 years from 2014-2017, the project boosted the transformation of Kenyan public libraries nationally as hubs of information, technology, and progress.
- From June 28th to July 31st, 2018, UrbanAct implemented a pilot program, titled “Coloring the Greek Islands”, with the participation of Greek and foreign artists.
- From July 27th to July 29th, 2018, the 12th annual ASCEN-DANSE festival “Vertical’été” took place in Mont Dauphin, France. This innovative festival produces vertical arts and contemporary dance within the Vauban fortification of Mont Dauphin, registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- On Friday, August 3rd, 2018, the student ensemble of the Syros-based music school “En Hordais & Organois” organizes a tribute performance to Syros-born Greek popular music composer, Markos Vamvakaris.
- Out of respect for the memory of our fellow citizens who lost their lives in the recent devastating fires, and the suffering of their loved ones, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation has canceled the DIALOGUES event, which was scheduled for August 31st, 2018, and which was dedicated to Greek traditional festivals.