- 19 May 2017 / Event in honor of the Municipal Museum of the Kalavrita Holocaust
On Friday, May 19th, the Municipal Museum of the Kalavrita Holocaust and the Municipality of Kalavrita held an event at the premises of the Museum honoring the Museum’s recognition by the Hellenic National Committee of the International Council of Museums (ICOM).
- 18 May 2017 / Inauguration event for the new «Jewelry Resident Program» of the Ilias Lalaounis Jewerly Museum
On Wednesday, May 17th, Ilias Lalaounis Jewerly Museum inaugurated its new «Jewelry Resident Program».
- 17 May 2017 / 17th Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation Lecture of the Peterson Institute for International Economics
On Tuesday, May 16, the Peterson Institute for International Economics hosted the 17th Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation Lecture at their headquarters in Washington, DC.
- 17 May 2017 / Update on the Progress of the SNF’s Radiotherapy Program
The first four new linear accelerators (linacs), funded exclusively by the SNF, have been installed at the University General Hospital of Heraklion, the Theageneio Anticancer Hospital of Thessaloniki, the University General Hospital of Patra and more recently at the General Hospital of Larissa, as part of the SNF’s Radiotherapy Program.
- 16 May 2017 / The SNF is awarded for its contribution to support cancer treatment in Greece
On Friday, May 12th, the SNF was awarded by the University Hospital of Larissa, the Hellenic Anticancer Society of Larissa and the Scientific Community of Radiation Technologists for its contribution to support cancer treatment in Greece. The Foundation’s program includes the replacement of obsolete linear accelerators in public hospitals around the country, with ten new, state-of-the-art and high precision linear accelerators.
- 15 May 2017 / “Stavros Niarchos Foundation” Scholarship Program at Deree - The American College of Greece, with the SNF support
For the third consecutive academic year, the “Stavros Niarchos Foundation” Scholarship Program implemented from Deree – The American College of Greece through a grant by the SNF, offers the opportunity to talented students, already enrolled in Greek public universities, to attend courses at Deree, whilst continuing to pursue a public university degree.
- 15 May 2017 / Launch of the Emmanouil Kriaras Platform, with the SNF support
Almost two years after the launch of the project for the cataloguing and digitization of the scientific collection of Emmanouil Kriaras, a distinguished Greek philologist and lexicographer, the digital platform hosting Kriaras’ entire book collection has finally been completed.
- 12 May 2017 / The FDNY Foundation Honors Andreas Dracopoulos, SNF Co-President
On Thursday, May 11th, the Fire Department of the City of New York (FDNY) Foundation hosted its annual dinner in support and celebration of New York’s Bravest.
- 11 May 2017 / Stavros Niarchos Foundation Research Training Program in Clinical & Experimental Medicine
The World Hellenic Biomedical Association – WHBA has announced a new training program for top graduates from medical departments of Greek universities, entitled the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Research Training Program in Clinical & Experimental Medicine (RTP-CEM).