- 20 March 2018 / The SNF participates in the Panteion University’s One-Day Seminar on Benefaction
On Tuesday, March 20th, 2018, a representative from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation participated in a one-day seminar, held by the Panteion University of Social and Political Science, on the concept of Benefaction and its impact to the development of the Greek society.
- 18 March 2018 / SNF Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, speaks to The World Today
The SNF Co-President, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, provided an interview to the monthly global affairs magazine The World Today on the role of philanthropy in today’s society, as part of his recent visit to Chatham House - Royal Institute of International Affairs.
- 18 March 2018 / Citi Private Bank’s Global Citizens series features the SNF’s Co-President, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos
Citi Private Bank presents the “Global Citizens” short film series featuring citizens of the world who harness knowledge, experience and relationships beyond borders and across cultures to help change the world for the better.
- 18 March 2018 / Delivery of a Vehicle to the Municipality of Anogia, Crete, part of the SNF’s Grant to the National Center for Emergency Care
On Sunday, March 18th, 2018, the Municipality of Anogia in Crete, received one of the 143 fully-equipped ambulances, as part of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s grant to the National Center for Emergency Care (EKAV), totaling €14 million, which was announced in April 2017.
- 17 March 2018 / The SNF in South Africa
SNF representatives traveled to Johannesburg, South Africa, to visit a variety of hospitals in the region within the context of SNF’s international health grant making activity.
- 15 March 2018 / Applications for the Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship Have Opened
Applications for the Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship in the Queen Elizabeth II Academy for Leadership in International Affairs at Chatham House have officially opened!
- 15 March 2018 / The SNF supports Safe Water Sports’ Educational Program that Promotes Water Safety
On Friday, March 16th, 2018, the non-profit initiative Safe Water Sports will host an event for the presentation of the educational program, entitled: “Safe Water Sports and the Safety of Children in the Water”.
- 14 March 2018 / Event for the Completion of the Illuminart and the Virtual Aquarium Project Implemented by Art dans la Cité in Hospitals in Greece and France
On Friday, March 16th, 2018, the Aglaia Kyriakou Children’s Hospital in Athens organizes an event to celebrate the completion of the “Illuminart and the Virtual Aquarium” project implemented by the organization Art dans la Cité in three hospitals in Greece and in France: The Aglaia Kyriakou Children’s Hospital, the pediatric and orthopaedic surgery ward in Hospital Armand Trousseau in Paris and the Centre for physical rehabilitation in Bonifacio Hospital in Corsica.
- 14 March 2018 / Seminar for Greek Educators held by the Jewish Museum of Greece
On Thursday, March 15th, and Friday, March 16th, 2018, the Jewish Museum of Greece will host its 23rd seminar for educators, entitled: “Teaching about the Holocaust in Greece”.