- 01 June 2017 / Event in celebration of the two-year anniversary since the launch of the “Open Schools” program
On Wednesday, May 31st, the program “Open Schools” of the Municipality of Athens held an open event at the Open School of Petralona (76th Primary School) to celebrate the two years since the start of its implementation.
- 01 June 2017 / The New York Review of Books the Berlin Painter Exhibition at Princeton University
On May 24th, The New York Review of Books published a review of “The Berlin Painter and His World” Exhibition at the Princeton University Art Museum, supported exclusively by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 31 May 2017 / The New York Times Produces Theater-of-War-Inspired Readings by Military Veterans
On May 26th, The New York Times published two powerful videos containing readings of Sophocles’ Ajax and Philoctetes by a dozen United States military veterans. The productions were inspired by the work of Theater of War, a Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) grantee.
- 31 May 2017 / 28th General Assembly and Conference of the European Foundation Centre (EFC)
The 28th annual General Assembly and Conference of the European Foundation Centre (EFC), a central meeting point for the European and international philanthropy sector, takes place from May 31st to June 2nd, in Warsaw.
- 30 May 2017 / June – July Program of Events at the SNFCC
Discover all the athletic, educational and cultural activities organized by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 30 May 2017 / Meeting of members and supporters of the Museum and Cultural Organizations Professionals Network at Art Athina 2017
On Saturday, May 27th , the Museum and Cultural Organizations Professionals Network, an initiative that was kick-started in the context of the educational and professional development program Transforming Future Museums: International Museum Academy (IMA) of the British Council in Greece, held an open discussion, during the 22nd Art Athina annual art fair.
- 30 May 2017 / Summer camps for children at the Museum of Greek Children’s Art, with the SNF support
Focusing on the concept of “Caring”, this summer, the Museum of Greek Children’s Art hosts three camps for children from 5 to 10 years old.
- 29 May 2017 / Presentation of the new project of ActionAid Hellas, Epikentro, with the SNF’s support
On Monday, May 29th, at the premises of the Journalists’ Union of Athens Daily Newspapers (ESIEA), ActionAid Hellas held a Press Conference for the presentation of the organization’s new initiative in Greece against economic and social exclusion, namely the establishment of a multipurpose venue for action and change, named Epikentro. In collaboration with organizations and experienced professionals, Epikentro aspires to provide innovative educational programs, access to information, as well as particular psychosocial, counselling and legal support services.
- 29 May 2017 / Hellenic Society for the Environment and Cultural Heritage awards SNF for its support
On the occasion of the completion of 45 years of active presence and implementation of actions for rescue and preservation of the cultural heritage and the natural environment, the Hellenic Society for the Environment and Cultural Heritage organized an event on Tuesday, May 30th to honor its supporters.