- 17 APRIL 2012 / Financial Times: Poverty in Greece and volunteers’ efforts to help
An article in the Financial Times on the rising levels of poverty in Greece due to the financial crisis, which includes references to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and its €100 million initiative
- 21 MARCH 2012 / Four Greek projects receive the European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards 2012 - The SNF’s contribution
Three projects in Greece received the European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards 2012, namely the conservation of the Averof Building, School of Architecture, National Technical University; the Ancient Citadel at Aghios Andreas, in Sifnos; and the Windmills of the Monastery of St. John the Theologian, in Patmos, which was partially funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. Another prize was bestowed to the Piraeus Bank Group Cultural Foundation in the category of Dedicated Service.
- 13 MARCH 2012 / Landmark Metropolitan Museum Exhibition Considers Two Centuries that Shaped the Medieval World
Exhibition Dates: March 14-July 8, 2012Exhibition Location: Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Exhibition HallPress Preview: Monday, March 12, 10:00 a.m.-noon
- 12 MARCH 2012 / Andreas Dracopoulos is awarded the Grand Commander of the Order of the Phoenix
It is with great pride that the Stavros Niarchos Foundation wishes to announce that in February, 2012, Andreas C. Dracopoulos, the Foundation's Co-President, was awarded the Greek State's Grand Commander of the Order of the Phoenix.
- 06 MARCH 2012 / Philanthropy News Digest: An interview with Andreas Dracopoulos
Andreas Dracopoulos talks to Philanthropy News Digest about Greece, the current crisis and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s response to it.
- 15 FEBRUARY 2012 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation announces the second installment of the $130/€100 million initiative
Identifies 16 Organizations to Receive Immediate Relief Support Through Grants Totaling $12.1/€9.2 Million
- 24 JANUARY 2012 / The National Herald: $130 Million in Aid from the Niarchos Foundation to Greece
An article in The National Herald on the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s new initiative to commit $130 million in the next three years for programs of social welfare and health care, for the purpose of offering relief to those mostly effected by the current crisis in Greece.
- 24 JANUARY 2012 / Kathimerini: The Stavros Niarchos Foundation shows the way
An op-ed piece in Kathimerini on the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s new initiative to commit €100 million in the next three years to support programs on social welfare, health care and education in Greece.
- 23 JANUARY 2012 / Extraordinary times demand extraordinary actions: The Stavros Niarchos Foundation commits $130 million to help ease the adverse effects of the current crisis in Greece
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, concerned with the socio-economic crisis in Greece, has committed up to $130 million (€100 million) over the next three years to help ease the adverse effects of the deepening crisis.