- 07 DECEMBER 2016 / The Municipality of Thessaloniki Honors the SNF
The Municipality of Thessaloniki as part of the event entitled “100 donations, 1.000 thank you”, whose goal was to recognize the support of individuals and organizations for the support of those in need, honored the Stavros Niarchos Foundation for its contributions to the city’s social welfare structure.
- 05 DECEMBER 2016 / Perimeter Particle Physicist Awarded New Horizons Prize
Asimina Arvanitaki will share the New Horizons in Physics Prize from the Breakthrough Foundation – a $100,000 award that recognizes exceptionally promising young researchers.
- 02 DECEMBER 2016 / The Financial Times on the SNFCC
The Financial Times (FT) report on the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center referring to the SNFCC as “Greece’s new temple to high culture.”
- 01 DECEMBER 2016 / HSS Professional Orthopedic Seminar Program Focuses on Greek National Joint Replacement Surgeons
Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) will host surgeons from Greece for an annual symposium dedicated to teaching the latest techniques and innovations in complex hip and knee reconstruction.
- 29 NOVEMBER 2016 / 2016 Tällberg Foundation Global Leadership Prize
The Tällberg Foundation announced today the winners of its Global Leadership Prize for 2016: Sunitha Krishnan from India and Christiana Figures from Costa Rica.
- 28 NOVEMBER 2016 / A new grant-contribution to support cancer treatment in Greece
Replacement of radiotherapy equipment in public hospitals
- 24 NOVEMBER 2016 / Inauguration event at the General Hospital of Athens “Korgialenio – Benakio” with the SNF support
On Monday, November 21st the inauguration event for the SNF grant towards the General Hospital of Athens “Korgialenio – Benakio” took place. The grant includes the acquisition of the new modern CT scanner and the renovation of the surrounding area of the Radiology Department.
- 23 NOVEMBER 2016 / The Institute of Structural Engineers honors the SNFCC
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center obtained another award, this time by the Institute of Structural Engineers, a professional body for structural engineering and public safety based in United Kingdom. The SNFCC has been honored with an award in ‘Arts or Entertainment’ category.
- 16 NOVEMBER 2016 / President Obama’s speech at the SNFCC
The President of the United States, Barack Obama, delivered his official speech on Wednesday, November 16th, 2016 at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), as part of the President’s State visit to Athens.