- 16 October 2017 / Andreas Dracopoulos, the SNF’s Co-President, talks to UPenn’s Pillars Magazine
Andreas Dracopoulos, Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, was interviewed by Pillars magazine, a publication of the University of Pennsylvania, which examines the impact of leadership philanthropy on their institution.
- 16 October 2017 / SNF Introduces The SNF Dialogues
The SNF is launching a monthly series of live events under the title SNF Dialogues, featuring thought and action provoking discussions that will bring together, among others, experts and established leaders from different fields and backgrounds, representatives from the civil society, individuals who inspire with their work and vision.
- 16 October 2017 / The architectural magazine Domes features the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center
An editorial tribute to the different perspectives of Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) that manifests Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) continuous commitment to Greece and its future. Domes, a magazine focusing on architectural design, is hosting architectural pieces from junior to senior talented architects, from all over the world.
- 16 October 2017 / The SNF supports Prolepsis’ School Food Aid Program for the Seventh Consecutive Year
The Institute of Preventive Medicine, Environmental & Occupational Health (Prolepsis) implements for the seventh consecutive school year the Food Aid & Promotion of Healthy Nutrition Program - DIATROFI, supported by a major grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), in public schools located in socio economically vulnerable areas.
- 16 October 2017 / The international symposium on “Life and climate from Hesiod to Montesquieu ” in France, with the SNF’s support
On October 13th and 14th, the Académie des Inscriptions et Belles-Lettres organized the international symposium under the theme “Life and climate from Hesiod to Montesquieu” at the ancient Greek dwelling Villa Kérylos in Beaulieu-sur-Mer, France.
- 13 October 2017 / A $5 million gift by the SNF to create the UCLA Stavros Niarchos Foundation Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture
A $5 million gift from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) will enable UCLA to create the UCLA Stavros Niarchos Foundation Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture. The center, which will be housed in the UCLA College, will build on the university’s strengths in Hellenic studies and support research across disciplines ranging from archaeology and classics to languages and digital humanities.
- 12 October 2017 / The SNF Supports the “My Greek Table” Series
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports the series “My Greek Table with Diane Kochilas” which will begin airing on Public Television in October of 2017.
- 11 October 2017 / The SNF Expands its support for The Museum of Modern Art’s Internship Program
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) will expand its support for The Museum of Modern Art's 12-month internship program, which places young professionals and graduate students of Greek nationality within the Museum’s various departments.
- 11 October 2017 / Inauguration of the renovated Specialized Care Center for the Mother and the Child of the Ark of the World
On Tuesday, October 10th, the Ark of the World held the inauguration of the social structure of the organization, a multipurpose space of solidarity for mothers and children from vulnerable social groups.