- 16 MARCH 2017 / International Conference “Ugo Foscolo: Between Italy and Greece” supported by SNF
From March 9th to March 11th, SNF Grantee University of Nice Sophia Antipolis hosted the International Conference “Ugo Foscolo: Between Italy and Greece” in Nice, France, and Ventimiglia, Italy, supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 15 MARCH 2017 / Announcement by the SNFCC AE: Close Collaboration between the SNFCC and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
Following the appointment of the new Board of Directors (BoD) of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), a video conference was organized on March 9, 2017 between the Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the BoD of the SNFCC.
- 14 MARCH 2017 / “The Perfect Storm” book presentation by Vassilis Kaskarelis
On Monday, March 13th, the book presentation of Ambassador Vassilis Kaskarelis “The Perfect Storm. NATO after September 11th” took place in presence of H.E. the President of the Hellenic Republic, Mr. Prokopios Pavlopoulos.
- 10 MARCH 2017 / SNF Open Events at the SNFCC, June 18-25
Continuing the efforts that began a few years back, in what has become by now a tradition, the SNF will present at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) a full week of open events (18-25 June), free and accessible to all, offering visitors a multifaceted program which transforms the public space into a platform of exploration, experimentation, and expression through the offerings of culture, education and sports.
- 09 MARCH 2017 / The sole playground on the island of Lipsi was renovated with the support of SNF
On Wednesday March 8th 2017 the inauguration of the renovated playground on the island of Lipsi took place. The renovation was made possible with an SNF grant, and this constitutes the only playground area on the island.
- 08 MARCH 2017 / Opening of the exhibition “The Berlin Painter and His World: Athenian Vase-Painting in the Early Fifth Century B.C.”
On Saturday, March 4th, the exhibition “The Berlin Painter and his World Exhibition: Athenian Vase-Painting in the Early Fifth Century B.C.” was inaugurated at the Princeton University. The exhibition is made possible through an SNF grant.
- 08 MARCH 2017 / Chatham House in conversation with Starfish
It is always a true pleasure and source of great pride that we see our partners work together, exchange experience and best practice, and share common vision and goals.
- 06 MARCH 2017 / Inauguration of the Sensory Environment at the Foundation “ White Butterflies”
On Saturday, March 4th, 2017 the inauguration of the new Sensory Environment at the Foundation “White Butterflies” took place. The Sensory environment was created with an exclusive grant from the SNF.
- 02 MARCH 2017 / 4.1 Miles Screening at the United Nations
On Wednesday, March 1, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, co-supported a screening of the Academy Award Nominated Short Subject Documentary, 4.1 Miles, at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City.