- 25 January 2021 / International Day of Education 2021: How United World Schools is Revitalizing Education in Cambodia
To mark International Day of Education 2021, we reflect on UWS’ efforts to get students back into the classroom safely in Cambodia. This would not have been possible without the help of partners such as the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF). While so many students continue to experience severe disruption to their education, it’s more important than ever to work together to recover and revitalise education.
- 18 January 2021 / COVID-19 and the Future of Philanthropy: A discussion between SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos and Robin Hood CEO Wes Moore
What did the outbreak of the pandemic reveal about social injustice and racial inequities in our society—and what role should philanthropy play in helping address them?
- 17 January 2021 / SNF Suspends Grant to the Hellenic Sailing Federation
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), in a letter to the President of the Hellenic Sailing Federation (EIO), expressed its shock and dissatisfaction with the response and the statements of the Federation regarding the very serious allegations by Olympic champion Sofia Bekatorou. SNF is therefore suspending its current grant to the Federation for its sailing training program for athletes with disabilities.
- 15 January 2021 / A Conversation with the Mayor of Sparta on the City’s Future
Petros Doukas, Mayor of Sparta, will join the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Center for Hellenic Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles for a conversation on his city’s rich history and promising future.
- 14 January 2021 / Robin Hood Invests in Nonprofit Leaders of Color with Anchor Grant from SNF
They lead organizations that seek to help reengage young people in education after involvement in the criminal justice system and to help New Yorkers from marginalized communities secure the preparation they need to access quality employment opportunities.
- 11 January 2021 / New York Times Names Editor to Lead Headway Initiative
Matt Thompson, who has held leadership roles at Reveal from the Center for Investigative Reporting, The Atlantic, and NPR, has been selected to lead the Headway initiative at The New York Times.
- 08 January 2021 / Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center, Supported by SNF, Passes 1 Billion Views
Since March 2020, Johns Hopkins University’s Coronavirus Resource Center has been a go-to source for information on the spread of COVID-19 and the virus that causes it.
- 08 January 2021 / UCLA’s Hellenic Studies Center Kicks off 2021 Events with Virtual Tour of Cycladic Museum
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture at the University of California, Los Angeles has announced a rich and varied schedule of public events for 2021, focusing on topics from Watergate, to a heroine of the Greek Revolution, to ancient Athenian democracy, to Thessaloniki’s Jewish cemetery, and beyond.
- 07 January 2021 / How Do We Ethically Distribute Vaccines? A New York Stem Cell Foundation Series Explores
Having overcome immense scientific hurdles to develop safe and effective vaccines in record time, we are now faced with another daunting challenge. How do we distribute them ethically and in such a way as to end the pandemic as expeditiously as possible?