- 16 OCTOBER 2019 / El Greco in Paris: Cretan-Born, Italian-Trained Artist who Worked in Spain Comes to France
Born in Crete, steeped in the post-Byzantine tradition, trained in Italy, and ultimately flourishing in Spain, El Greco embodies the intercultural movement and exchange that have long characterized Greek history.
- 15 OCTOBER 2019 / First Yannis Behrakis International Photojournalism Award Winner Announced
Dar Yasin, an Associated Press photojournalist from Kashmir, was awarded the Yannis Behrakis International Photojournalism Award for his work Kashmir: Endless War.
- 15 OCTOBER 2019 / Five years of offering a brighter future for young Greeks
How can we address chronic problems facing Greece such as rising unemployment rates and a brain drain of talent?
- 15 OCTOBER 2019 / V.Lab (Vamvakou Technology Lab fully powered by SNF) opens its doors to the public
A pioneering new technology hub, the V.Lab (Vamvakou Technology Lab fully powered by Stavros Niarchos Foundation), opens its doors to the public and offers free trial robotics lessons from Saturday 19 October to Saturday 9 November, in Vamvakou Laconia.
- 15 OCTOBER 2019 / Weekends in Vamvakou! October 19-20, 2019
A robot, walnuts, a reimagined school, and a great festival! Local tradition and customs, as well as seasonal tastes, colors, and aromas, blend seamlessly with new technologies and a look to their future in Vamvakou, making it a truly unique family destination.
- 14 OCTOBER 2019 / Tällberg Foundation Announces Finalists for 2019 Global Leadership Prize
Their vision and optimism make them stand out not only as leaders in their fields, but also as leaders in life. The Tällberg Foundation, which seeks to write a new definition of leadership for the 21st century, has announced the finalists for its 2019 Eliasson Global Leadership Prize.
- 14 OCTOBER 2019 / Oxford Announces SNF Director of Centre for Byzantine Research as Part of Broader Expansion
Peter Frankopan, an Oxford historian known for making the discipline accessible and relevant to a general public, has been named the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Director of the Oxford Centre for Byzantine Research.
- 11 OCTOBER 2019 / Migratory Birds Newspaper Event at iMedD
The Network for Children’s Rights and the team of Young Journalists from the Migratory Birds newspaper will be holding an event titled "Migratory Birds that Came to Stay: Experience, Challenges, Prospects."
- 11 OCTOBER 2019 / The Society for the Revival of the Nemean Games honors SNF
In ancient times, athletes would gather on the altar in front of the Temple of Zeus in Nemea, offer sacrifices, and take their oaths before competing in the stadium.