- In a recent interview, Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos touched on a range of issues, from the pandemic and the lessons it has taught us to SNF’s close ties with Laconia and the Foundation’s systematic efforts to strengthen the region. He also shared his personal viewpoint, showing how we can all strive for less talk and more action.
- A new multipurpose space dedicated to education and culture at Greece’s Trikala Prison was recently outfitted and opened with a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- This summer, Northern Evia experienced one of the worst natural disasters Greece has ever seen. Devastating wildfires left behind 508,000 acres of burnt land and destroyed homes, schools, roads, factories, and much of the region’s wealth of forest and wildlife.
03 NOVEMBER 2021A program of educational and social activities at the Athens Olympic Museum, supported by a grant from SNFThe Athens Olympic Museum, a member of the International Olympic Museums Network and a hub of Olympic education, announced today a collaboration with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) for the design and implementation of Agon, an Olympic Legacy a program of educational and social activities.
03 NOVEMBER 2021Young journalists explore grassroots pandemic responses in Brazil, Columbia, and PeruHomegrown, bottom-up approaches to coping with the effects of the pandemic in South America were the focus of the latest cohort of budding journalists at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) virtual Journalism Bootcamp.
- The original St. Nicholas Church at the World Trade Center in Manhattan was completely destroyed in the attacks of September 11, 2001. Now, more than 20 years later, a new St. Nicholas has been built near the same site to serve as both a church and a national shrine and community center open to all. Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I presided over the official dedication ceremony on November 2.
- The panel of experts who will judge the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) 25th Anniversary Short Film Challenge, hosted in partnership with Ghetto Film School (GFS), was announced today.