- 13 November 2017 / SNF Αwarded by the Hellenic Association of Medical Physicists for its Replacement of Radiotherapy Equipment in Public Hospitals
On Friday November 11th, we attended the annual event of the Hellenic Association of Medical Physicists, celebrating the International Day of Medical Physics on the occasion of the 150th anniversary from the birth of Marie Curie. During the event, the SNF was awarded for its support of the Greek health sector and specifically for its initiative for the replacement of radiotherapy equipment in public hospitals.
- 13 November 2017 / Second French-Greek innovation network forum Mazinnov, with the SNF’s support
Following the success of last year’s inaugural event, the French Embassy in Athens organized on November 10th and 11th, 2017, the second French-Greek innovation network forum Mazinnov, which brings together actors of innovation, from both the public and the private sector, in order to forge partnerships and nurture innovative ideas about the future of Greece.
- 10 November 2017 / The SNF supports the "Journey2Jobs" training program that aims to enhance youth employability
With the Stavros Niarchos Foundation's (SNF) support, the Hellenic Professionals Informatics Society (HePIS), in collaboration with a team of specialized professionals, implements an intensive ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) training program, aiming to enhance young people's both soft and hard skills, thereby bringing them closer to the labor market.
- 10 November 2017 / “Sky and Ground” Premieres at the DOC NYC Festival in New York City
On November 12th, 2017, Show of Force’s Humanity on the Move will premiere its film, Sky and Ground, at the DOC NYC Festival in New York City. Sky and Ground follows a Syrian-Kurdish family as they travel 3,000 miles across Europe as refugees trying to reach Berlin.
- 08 November 2017 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation announces new grants, totaling more than €33 million
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) presented today, in an event held at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), the new grants, which will be implemented in the near future, in collaboration with organizations in Greece and abroad. Specifically, at its last meeting, the SNF’s Board of Directors approved grants totaling more than €33 million.
- 08 November 2017 / Greek journalist and SNF Fellow at the Columbia University, Kostas Zafeiropoulos, receives prestigious journalism award
The journalist Kostas Zafeiropoulos received this year’s Greek-German Prize for Journalism “Eleni Vlachou”, a testament to his contribution in the field of investigative journalism, the quality and breadth of his reporting.
- 07 November 2017 / “All about the Marathon” Lecture at the SNFCC, with the SNF’s support
As part of the running-related events held at the SNFCC and on the occasion of the 35th Marathon taking place in Athens, one of the major sports events in Greece, on Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, a lecture is held on the participation in endurance races, the Olympic ideals and pushing the human limits.
- 06 November 2017 / The SNF’s Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, talks to the Athens News Agency - Macedonian News Agency
The Athens News Agency - Macedonian News Agency features a comprehensive interview with the Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, who details his optimism about the future of Greece, as well as his firm belief that “all Greeks joined together we can once again pleasantly surprise the rest of the world”.
- 06 November 2017 / Inauguration of the renovated Cultural Center of the Holy Church of Saint George of Giannitsa, with the SNF’s support
On Monday, November 6th, 2017, the Holy Church of Saint George of Giannitsa holds the inauguration of its new Cultural Center, in the presence of His Beatitude Archbishop of Athens and All Greece, Mr. Hieronymus.