12 JUNE 2018Inauguration of the Renovated Blood Donation Department of the General Hospital of Thessaloniki "Agios Pavlos"On Wednesday, June 13th, 2018, the General Hospital of Thessaloniki "Agios Pavlos" is holding the inauguration of its renovated Blood Donation Department. The renovation, as well as the procurement of medical equipment and a vehicle to handle mobile blood drives was made possible through a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- The leading International philanthropic ultramarathon race No Finish Line took place this year in Nice, France, with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- On Monday, June 11th, 2018, The Public Theater hosted their annual gala at The Delacorte Theater in New York City. Supporters of The Public were in attendance, including representatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundatiοn (SNF).
11 JUNE 2018Anatolia College Ηonors the SNF for the establishment of the SNF Scholarships Endowment for CTY GreeceOn Friday, June 8th, 2018, Anatolia College held an event during which the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was honored in recognition of its support for the establishment of an endowment fund that will provide scholarships, ensuring that all students will have the opportunity to broaden their learning horizons and be part of the unique experience of CTY Greece, regardless of financial circumstance. The event took place in Thessaloniki, in the presence of SNF representatives.
- On Tuesday, June 12th, 2018, Rethymno Cretan Kings BC and the Municipality of Rethymno, Crete, will hold the inauguration of the new basketball courts, which were renovated through a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), as part of the volunteer-based program “ASSIST, Basketball and Volunteerism”.
08 JUNE 2018Inauguration of the New Linear Accelerator at the University General Hospital of Larissa, with the SNF SupportOn Monday, June 11th, 2018, the General University Hospital of Larissa is inaugurating its new linear accelerator (linac) which is already in clinical operation. The procurement of the radiotherapy equipment was made possible through a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), as part of the program for the replacement of radiotherapy equipment in public hospitals across Greece.
- On Saturday, June 9th, 2018, Athens Partnership hosts an open event to present the digital lab “Maker Space”, which is part of the educational program “Design for Better Learning” of the Municipality of Athens.
- From June 8th to June 10th, 2018, the 16th edition of the Preveza Jazz Festival takes place, featuring Greek and International artists. The Festival is carried out with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), aiming to promote contemporary jazz in the local context.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), as part of its overall initiative to improve the treatment of cancer patients throughout the country, is implementing a grant, totaling €5 million, for the purchase of equipment, as well as the restoration and expansion of the Radiotherapy Department at the 401 Military Hospital of Athens.