- 13 July 2017 / Academic Excellence Scholarships in the field of Civil Society Organizations in the memory of Tzanetos Antypas
Within the next ten years, the Department of Political Science and International Relations (PSIR) of the University of Peloponnese, with an exclusive grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), will offer twenty (20) scholarships in the memory of the Founder and President of the NGO PRAKSIS, Tzanetos Antypas, an emblematic personality of the Greek civil society, who left us early, leaving behind an important social work legacy.
- 13 July 2017 / The SNF Αttends Event in honor of Athens Law School Students
On Wednesday, July 12th, the University of Athens held an event at its premises honoring the students of the Athens Law School for their participation and excellence in international law moot court competitions, during the 2016-2017 academic year.
- 13 July 2017 / Debora L. Spar, President of Lincoln Center, talks to “Kathimerini” in the context of the SNF’s 6th annual international conference
“Kathimerini” newspaper hosts an interview with author and President of Lincoln Center in NYC, Debora L. Spar, on the occasion of Spar’s speech at the 6th SNF Conference on Philanthropy.
- 13 July 2017 / Metropolis Magazine publishes excerpt from Victoria Newhouse’s book «Chaos and Culture: Renzo Piano Building Workshop and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center»
The Metropolis Mag hosts an excerpt of Victoria Newhouse’s book “Chaos and Culture: Renzo Piano Building Workshop and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center”.
- 12 July 2017 / The association Ascen’ Dance presents the 11th edition of the Vertical’été festival in France, with the SNF support.
On July 15th & 16th, the association Ascen’ Dance organizes the 11th edition of the local festival Vertical’été in the Hautes-Alpes department in France, within the Vauban fortifications of Mont-Dauphin, registered as an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- 12 July 2017 / The SNF Lead Donor of the 7th International Contemporary Dance Festival - Dance Days Chania
The now established International Contemporary Dance Festival’ Dance Days Chania returns for the seventh consecutive year, from July 17th to July 28th, to transform, for yet another year, the city of Chania into a big stage where contemporary Greek and international dance scenes meet.
- 12 July 2017 / The SNF received an award for the category “Structures and Initiatives” at the “Startupper Awards 2017” ceremony
On Tuesday, July 11th, the second “Startupper Awards” ceremony for the promotion and support of the Greek start-up ecosystem was held.
- 11 July 2017 / Launch of the new cycle of the CTY Greece summer educational programs in Athens and Thessaloniki, with the SNF support
On Tuesday, July 4th and Monday, July 10th, the Anatolia College held in Thessaloniki and Athens, respectively, an event, including a press briefing, to mark the launch of this year’s summer educational programs of the “Center for Talented Youth (CTY) – Greece”. These three-week long summer day programs feature university-level courses, complemented by leisure and sports activities.
- 11 July 2017 / CSIS’s one-day workshop on The Eastern Mediterranean at the SNF
The proceedings of the scientific one-day workshop held on Tuesday July 11th, by the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), were successfully completed. The workshop was structured around the theme: “The strategic seam between Europe and the Middle East: Rethinking U.S. bilateral and regional policies towards the Eastern Mediterranean”.