- 02 October 2017 / Opening of the 14th festival edition “CULTURESCAPES Greece 2017” in Switzerland, with the SNF’s support
On Thursday, October 5th, the CULTURESCAPES inaugurated its 14th edition CULTURESCAPES Greece 2017 festival, in the city of Basel, in Switzerland. CULTURESCAPES, a non-profit foundation, was founded in 2003 with the aim to organize, every two years, a multidisciplinary festival that promotes inter-cultural exchange between Switzerland and other countries in a sustainable way.
- 02 October 2017 / Leading Culture Destinations Awards Committee Highlights SNFCC In Naming Athens as Emerging Cultural City of the World
Athens was named as the Emerging Cultural City of the Year for 2017 at the Leading Culture Destinations (LCD) Award, which have come to be known as the Museum Oscars.
- 02 October 2017 / Inauguration of the new angiography equipment at the General Hospital of Kalamata, with the SNF’s support
On Friday, September 29th, 2017, the General Hospital of Kalamata inaugurated the new angiography equipment which will be operated by the Hospital’s Hemodynamic Laboratory. The new machine has already started its clinical operation, and several invasive and non-invasive medical actions have already been performed.
- 29 September 2017 / Interview of the first SNF Fellows of the Lede Program in Kathimerini
The Greek journalists and fellows of the Lede Program talked to the newspaper Kathimerini about their participation in this year’s intensive summer courses at the Columbia Journalism School, in New York City, made possible through a Scholarship Program exclusively supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 29 September 2017 / The SNF supports the 4th Annual NYC Neighborhood Library Awards
This year, the 4th Annual NYC Neighborhood Library Awards, an initiative of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the Charles H. Revson Foundation, will take place on Monday, October 2nd, at the Hearst Tower in New York City.
- 29 September 2017 / Τhe Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, hosts the 2nd Mediterranean Festival of the Municipality of Kallithea.
From September 27th until October 31st, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) hosts the 2nd Mediterranean Festival of the Municipality of Kallithea.
- 29 September 2017 / Educational campaign in schools and museums about the importance of sports, with the SNF’s support
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) supports the educational program “36 hours to Sparta” for the promotion of sports and physical education, which includes the production of the short documentary of the same name, which is complemented by educational activities.
- 28 September 2017 / The SNF Supported Greek Student Teams Participating in the for the International Student Competition F1 in SchoolsF
From September 24th to September 27th, the 13th World Finals of the international STEM student competition F1 in Schools took place 2017 as part of the official Formula 1 Grand Prix in Malaysia, with the participation of teams from Greece and Cyprus.
- 27 September 2017 / Inauguration of the Thoracic Surgery Department at the Thoracic Diseases General Hospital “Sotiria”, supported by the SNF
On Tuesday, September 26th, 2017, the General Hospital of Thoracic Diseases “Sotiria” inaugurated the renovation of the Thoracic Surgery Department, of the Pulmonology Department, as well as the Chronic Pain Department.