- 26 JUNE 2014 / Kathimerini: Do it like the SNF
A. Ellis in the daily newspaper Kathimerini analyzes the work and initiatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 25 JUNE 2014 / The SNFCC hosted its first ever choreographed art performance
The first major choreographed art performance was hosted tonight at the site of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), where the “Dance of the Cranes” unfolded; a creative music/dance performance inspired by the project’s architect, Renzo Piano, and executed by Myron Michailidis, the artistic director of the Greek National Opera (GNO).
- 24 JUNE 2014 / The Brookings Institution completes the European Growth Project with the support of the SNF
The Brookings Institution’s European Growth Project was completed yesterday in Athens, with the third and final roundtable discussion on European economic issues, following previous meetings in Madrid (March 2013) and Berlin (May 2013). The roundtable conversation was followed by a public event to present Theodore Pelagidis’s and Michael Mitsopoulos’s book, Greece: From Exit to Recovery? The book is published by Brookings as part of the European Growth Project, which is supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 18 JUNE 2014 / Press conference for the presentation of two new mobile units by KETHEA
As part of the press conference which will be held on Thursday, June 19 at KETHEA’s new Immediate Intervention Counselling Centre for active drug users, there will be a presentation of two new mobile units, which will reinforce the ongoing work of the Care Network for Street Addicts in Athens and Thessaloniki. The purchase of two specially configured and equipped mobile units, and their full staffing was made possible by an exclusive grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 18 JUNE 2014 / SOS Children’s Villages Press Conference
On Tuesday, June 17th, SOS Children’s Villages, held its annual press conference on the operation of the 6 Support Centers for the Child and Family throughout Greece; whose operation is funded through a grant by the Foundation.
- 17 JUNE 2014 / Internship Program at the SNFCC
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation offers a limited number of internships with the aim of gaining practical experience by working on the planning and construction of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) project.
- 17 JUNE 2014 / Popaganda: The heart and soul of the grant and the much more
George Agouridis, Board Member of the SNF and Lenia Vlavianou, Director of Public Affairs, talk about the activities of the SNF and SNFCC to Katerina I. Anesti.
- 12 JUNE 2014 / Inauguration of the Melissa Orphanage for Girls
Today, marked the inauguration of the Melissa Orphanage for Girls after a relocation of the Orphanage’s administrative services, in addition to renovation works on the Orphanage’s main building. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation provided support for both actions.
- 12 JUNE 2014 / Inauguration of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Ippokrateio Hospital of Thessaloniki
Today, the second Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Ippokrateio Hospital of Thessaloniki was inaugurated. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation assisted in funding both renovation works, and the purchase of updated equipment.