- On Saturday, June 23rd, 2018, when the Olympic Day was also celebrated worldwide as the Olympic Day, the evening race SNF RUN: Running into the Future took place for the fourth consecutive year.
22 JUNE 2018The SNF Partners with Special Olympics to Build Global Social Inclusion with a Vision to Play Unified. Learn UnifiedOn the eve of its 50th Anniversary, Special Olympics announces today a landmark collaboration with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) to support the global social inclusion movement’s goal of forging stronger youth engagement worldwide and to transform educational systems through inclusive sport.
- In celebration of the Olympic Day, the annual SNF RUN: Running into the Future will take place on Saturday, 23 June, as part of the Summer Nostos Festival.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) recently announced its intention to support the Greek Health sector with a series of grants totaling at least $240 million. On March 21, 2018, the SNF and the Greek State signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the grant initiative, marking the first step in this philanthropic partnership. Today, at the Maximos Mansion in Athens, the Prime Minister, Mr. Alexis Tsipras, and the Co-President of the SNF, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos met to discuss the progress of the grants.
- On Wednesday, June 20th , 2018, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) will hold the eight event of its monthly series, DIALOGUES. The event is taking place in collaboration with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Agora Institute at the Johns Hopkins University and is entitled: “Disrupting Polarization: The Work of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University."
12 JUNE 2018Inauguration of the Renovated Blood Donation Department of the General Hospital of Thessaloniki "Agios Pavlos"On Wednesday, June 13th, 2018, the General Hospital of Thessaloniki "Agios Pavlos" is holding the inauguration of its renovated Blood Donation Department. The renovation, as well as the procurement of medical equipment and a vehicle to handle mobile blood drives was made possible through a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- The leading International philanthropic ultramarathon race No Finish Line took place this year in Nice, France, with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- On Monday, June 11th, 2018, The Public Theater hosted their annual gala at The Delacorte Theater in New York City. Supporters of The Public were in attendance, including representatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundatiοn (SNF).
11 JUNE 2018Anatolia College Ηonors the SNF for the establishment of the SNF Scholarships Endowment for CTY GreeceOn Friday, June 8th, 2018, Anatolia College held an event during which the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was honored in recognition of its support for the establishment of an endowment fund that will provide scholarships, ensuring that all students will have the opportunity to broaden their learning horizons and be part of the unique experience of CTY Greece, regardless of financial circumstance. The event took place in Thessaloniki, in the presence of SNF representatives.