- 23 DECEMBER 2016 / The New Year at the SNFCC
2017 is a pivotal year for the SNFCC. It is the year in which the National Library of Greece and the Greek National Opera will move to their new premises. It is the year in which the SNFCC will be fully operational and will unfold all its functional aspects in order to welcome its Members and visitors.
- 21 DECEMBER 2016 / The SNF supports the funding of a traffic study on the SNFCC surrounding area traffic management
The SNF has approved a grant to the Municipality of Kallithea for the funding of a traffic study regarding the SNFCC surrounding area traffic management and day-to-day operation.
- 20 DECEMBER 2016 / Athens and the SNFCC among Conde Nast Traveler’s Places to Visit in 2017
The renowned US magazine Conde Nast Traveler has published its annual list of best places to visit in 2017.
- 19 DECEMBER 2016 / Christmas and New Year’s Events at the SNFCC
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) welcomes 2017 full of optimism, with a unique program of open events for the entire family.
- 15 DECEMBER 2016 / NYU Center for Ballet and the Arts Receives Stavros Niarchos Foundation Grant
The Center for Ballet and the Arts (CBA) at New York University has received a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) to continue its mission of bringing together the artistic and academic communities.
- 15 DECEMBER 2016 / Archaeology Magazine Includes SNFCC Archaeological Findings in Top 10 Discoveries of 2016
Τhe prominent US magazine “Archaeology” has included the archaeological findings that were found during the construction of the SNFCC at the 10 most important archaeological discoveries of 2016.
- 15 DECEMBER 2016 / The SNF Supports the National Herald Foundation
The SNF, through its Employee Matching Contribution Program, and the SNF’s co-President Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos through a personal donation, support the National Herald Foundation, contributing towards the newspaper’s charitable activities.
- 14 DECEMBER 2016 / Greek Diaspora Fellowship Program Selects 21 Diaspora Fellows to Conduct Projects with Greek Universities
Beginning in January, twenty-one Greek- and Cypriot-born scholars, hailing from a cross-section of sixteen prominent United States and Canadian universities, will travel to Greece to conduct academic projects with their peers at Greek universities, working in areas that range from public health to chemical genomics research, and from English language curriculum to continuing education studies in urban food security.
- 12 DECEMBER 2016 / Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center Membership Program
In June 2016, during the four-day Metamorphosis events, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), officially inaugurated the SNFCC Membership Program, with the registration of over 40,000 members. The two-year subscription for these members was covered by a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).