- 10 March 2018 / Establishment of the SNF Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University
On Friday, March 9, 2018, the Board of Trustees at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, passed a resolution supporting the establishment of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University.
- 09 March 2018 / Inauguration of the Renovated Day Care Center of the “PAMMAKARISTOS” Children’s Foundation
On Thursday, March 8th, 2018, the “PAMMAKARISTOS” Children’s Foundation held an event for the inauguration of its renovated Day Care Center, in which support services to more than 114 children and young people with autism and mental disabilities will be provided.
- 09 March 2018 / DIALOGUES: Stereotypes
On Wednesday March 21st, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation is hosting the fifth event of its monthly series DIALOGUES, on “Stereotypes”. The event will take place at the Orchestra Rehearsal Room of the Greek National Opera at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center at 17:00 (EET).
- 09 March 2018 / The New York Times Profiles Sunitha Krishnan, 2016 Tällberg Global Leader
The New York Times recently profiled Sunitha Krishnan, a recipient of the 2016 Tällberg Foundation Global Leadership Prize, which is supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 08 March 2018 / The Delivery of the Vehicles to EKAV’s Branches across Greece to be Completed in a Few Days
As part of its Initiative against the Greek crisis, and in addition to its regular grant-making activity, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) announced in April, 2017, a grant to the National Center for Emergency Care (EKAV), totaling €14 million, which entails the procurement of 143 state-of-the-art and fully equipped ambulances, as well as their full service and maintenance for a period of 8 years.
- 07 March 2018 / Summer Nostos Festival 2018 - Headliners
John Cale (19/6), Animal Collective (23/6) and Lianne La Havas (22/6) come to build on the already impressive lineup of this year’s Summer Nostos Festival (SNFestival). Music is one of the Festival’s key components, bringing together artists from around the world in an eclectic mix of sounds, genres, moods and audiences.
- 07 March 2018 / Dance/NYC, SNF Grantee, Launches Immigrant Artists Initiative in New York
Dance/NYC has launched a new initiative to extend the role of dance artistry in fostering the inclusion, integration and human rights of immigrants in the New York City metropolitan area.
- 06 March 2018 / The SNF Supports the Provision of Motorized Wheelchairs to Central Greece Residents with Disabilities
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) supports the initiative “Access to ALL” undertaken by the Prefecture of Central Greece for the provision of motorized wheelchairs to residents of the Central Greece area that face serious financial difficulties.
- 05 March 2018 / W.R.O. Hellas Honors the SNF for its Support of Educational Robotics Programs in Greek Schools
On Sunday, March 4th, 2018, the Organization of Educational Robotics & Science - W.R.O Hellas held the Finals of the 2018 Pan-Hellenic Educational Robotics Competition.