- 24 FEBRUARY 2014 / Kathimerini: The libraries of our future
Yiannis Trohopoulos, Managing Director of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), Lenia Vlavianou, Co-Chief Public Affairs Officer of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and Stavros Zoumboulakis, President of the Board of Trustees of the National Library of Greece (NLG) talk to Kathimerini and Maria Katsounaki about the SNFCC, which will house the new facilities of the NLG, the NLG’s new era and the future of libraries in Greece as a whole.
- 21 FEBRUARY 2014 / Inauguration of new extension of House of Families in Nice
On February 24th, the House of Families in Nice will celebrate the inauguration of its new extension, which doubles the hostel’s capacity. The project was made possible with support from the SNF.
- 20 FEBRUARY 2014 / SNFCC on the “Financing Creativity” Conference
Elly Andriopoulou, Chief Operating Officer of SNFCC, took part in the conference on “Financing Creativity” organized by the Ministry of Culture as part of the Greek EU Presidency.
- 12 FEBRUARY 2014 / Stavros Niarchos Foundation Makes Landmark Gift to Yale School of Art
Yale University announced today a contribution of $5 million from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. The gift creates a permanent, unrestricted endowment at Yale that will support core priorities of the Yale School of Art, while naming in perpetuity the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Deanship. The endowment will help to advance the school’s leadership and presence in the global fine arts community.
- 11 FEBRUARY 2014 / SNF to receive the Archbishop Iakovos Leadership 100 Award of Excellence
On February 13-16, the 23rd annual conference of the Leadership 100 Endowment Fund will take place, along with the celebration of the organization’s 30th anniversary.
- 10 FEBRUARY 2014 / Ethnos: In this cultural construction site the new Athens is being “born”
Yiannis Trohopoulos, Managing Director of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, and Elly Andriopoulou, Chief Operating Officer of SNFCC, take “Ethnos” on a tour of the SNFCC construction site and talk about the progress of the construction works and the anticipation for this ambitious endeavor.
- 28 JANUARY 2014 / WWF Hellas and Boroume Join Forces Against Food Waste
On January 25th and January 26th, two of the SNF’s grantees, WWF Hellas and Boroume, joined forces in organizing the Festival Against Food Waste. The Festival took place as part of the program Better Life, which is supported exclusively by the SNF. The goal of the festival was to highlight the many aspects of food waste and engage the public through offering suggestions, solutions and tips for using leftover food. Food waste is an important issue on a global level. Each year a European citizen wastes 179 kilos of food, effectively throwing away 590€ per household. Increasing public awareness concerning the important issue of food waste is key to changing patterns and attitudes which has multiple benefits for the society, the environment and the budget of every household.
- 24 JANUARY 2014 / Groundbreaking celebration for the National Heritage Centre for Horseracing and Sporting Art
On January 27, the National Heritage Centre for Horseracing and Sporting Art will celebrate the groundbreaking of its new facilities at Christie’s in London.
- 22 JANUARY 2014 / Kathimerini: An exemplary initiative at the Border Island of Kastelorizo
The newspaper Kathimerini reports on the first visit of the Mobile Medical Units in the border island of Kastellorizo, which with the support of the SNF within the next five years will visit border islands and remote areas throughout Greece.