- 05 December 2017 / Celebration of the Renovation of the Morgan Stanley Adult Emergency Department at New York-Presbyterian
On Monday, December 4, New York-Presbyterian Hospital in New York celebrated the renovation and expansion of its Morgan Stanley Adult Emergency Department. The new space, which is open and in use, modernizes prior infrastructure and layout.
- 05 December 2017 / SNFCC at BLUE Magazine
The in-flight magazine of Aegean Airlines, BLUE, features an extensive coverage of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), showcasing the new headquarters of the Greek National Opera and the National Library of Greece as well as taking readers through a tour of the Stavros Niarchos Park, the Canal and the Lighthouse, just to name a few stops.
- 05 December 2017 / Vimagazino: “The SNFCC is a place where everyone finds their own favorite spot, their own corner”
The weekly magazine Vimagazino features a tribute to the SNFCC outlining the different types of people that visit the SNFCC, based on their age, interests and background. The article describes how the SNFCC, “which is currently the most popular destination on the Athenian map” is relevant to people of all ages and interests.
- 04 December 2017 / Hospital for Special Surgery Hosts Training Seminar for Greek Surgeons with the SNF’s Support
Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS), with the SNF’s support, hosted 16 surgeons from Greece for an annual symposium dedicated to teaching the latest techniques and innovations in complex primary total hip and knee replacement.
- 04 December 2017 / SNF Attends the Madison Square Boys and Girls Club Christmas Tree Ball
On Friday, December 1st, the Madison Square Boys and Girls Club hosted their 51st Annual Christmas Tree Ball in New York City. The event was attended by friends and supporters of the Madison Square Boys & Girls Club, including representatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 01 December 2017 / The SNFCC’s Christmas World is Alive with the SNF’s Support
On December 1st, 2017, the SNFCC was transformed into a unique Christmas destination for children and adults!
- 30 November 2017 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Annual Lecture at Yale University with the Hon. Michael S. Dukakis
On Thursday, November 30th, 2017, Yale University hosted the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Annual Lecture on its campus in Connecticut. This year’s lecturer was The Honorable Michael S. Dukakis, Former Governor of Massachusetts, discussing “Bipartisanship in Today’s Political Climate”.
- 30 November 2017 / The Tällberg Foundation Announces Winners of its Eliasson Global Leadership Prize
The Tällberg Foundation announced four winners of The Eliasson Global Leadership Prize: Rodrigo Rubido Alonso from Brazil, Rebecca Heller from the United States, Fiorenzo Omenetto from Italy and the United States, and Bright Simons from Ghana.
- 30 November 2017 / King’s College London Honors Supporters of the Koraes Chair of Modern Greek and Byzantine History, Language and Literature
On Wednesday, November 29th, King’s College London hosted a celebratory dinner for honoring the funders and supporters of the Koraes Chair of Modern Greek and Byzantine History, Language and Literature, to which the SNF has been a major donor.