- 20 October 2017 / The Doctor magazine publishes tribute to the SNF and its Founder
The 27th issue of the quarterly scientific magazine “The Doctor” hosts an extensive feature entitled “Stavros Niarchos: the great humanist and philhellene – The impressive grant-making activities of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation”.
- 20 October 2017 / CSIS - Schieffer Series dialogue on “Overload: finding the Truth in Today’s Deluge of News”
On Tuesday, October 24th, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) hosts an installment of the Schieffer Series, entitled “Overload: Finding the Truth in Today’s Deluge of News”, after the title of Bob Schieffer’s new book.
- 20 October 2017 / The Serafio Complex, a multipurpose space for sports, culture and innovation of the Municipality of Athens, opens with the SNF’s support
After 18 years, the Serafio wimming pool of the Municipality of Athens opens its doors to the public, this time as a multipurpose complex which includes, among others, a 25x33 m swimming pool, a children’s pool, sports facilities, a playground, as well as facilities to host research, innovation and entrepreneurship workshops and programs.
- 20 October 2017 / The SNF supports the 9th ARC for Dance Festival in Athens
Since 2008, the ARC for Dance Festival, an international contemporary dance event organized by the non-profit organization DAN.C.CE Unitiva, has become a meeting point for the Greek and the European dance scene.
- 19 October 2017 / Park Avenue Armory Announces the SNF’s Challenge Grant at Its Annual Gala
On Wednesday, October 18th, the Park Avenue Armory announced a new challenge grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) at their annual gala in New York. The grant will support the student matinee performances at the organization.
- 19 October 2017 / The SNF’s grant totaling €14 million to the National Center for Emergency Care enters the final phase of implementation
As part of its Initiative against the Greek crisis, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) announced in April, 2017, a grant to the National Center for Emergency Care (EKAV), totaling €14 million, which entails the procurement of 143 state-of-the-art and fully equipped ambulances, as well as their full service and maintenance for a period of 8 years and the digital upgrade of its operations center.
- 17 October 2017 / SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos is Honored by the New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF)
On October 16th, Andreas Dracopoulos, Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), was honored with the New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) Humanitarian Award at the 12th Annual NYSCF Gala and Science Fair, in New York.
- 17 October 2017 / The SNF supports documentary filmmaking workshops for refugees in Athens and Lesvos
As part of the “Home-New-Home” project, refugees are being trained in filmmaking techniques and documentary production, while developing their expressive and narrative skills, through intensive workshops and seminars by renowned filmmakers and teachers, which are held at schools, universities and refugee asylums.
- 17 October 2017 / The SNF supports WWF Greece’s nationwide awareness campaign on sustainable nutrition
Thessaloniki was the first stop of the new nationwide campaign “Healthy children, healthy planet“ from WWF Greece aiming to spread the message of sustainable nutrition, or “that what is good for our health is also good for the environment”.