- 19 APRIL 2017 / Stavros Niarchos Foundation Parkway Opening
The renovated Stavros Niarchos Foundation Parkway will welcome its first visitors at a celebratory event under the title A FIRST LOOK on Thursday, April 20th.
- 12 APRIL 2017 / The International Conference “Meet, See, Do” in Pristina with the SNF’s support
The 5th edition of the International Conference “Meet, See, Do” took place from 6th to 8th of April in Prishtina. The conference was organized by the Balkan Museum Network (BMN) and the Foundation Cultural Heritage without Borders (CHwB) Bosnia and Herzegovina with the support of the SNF.
- 06 APRIL 2017 / Summer Nostos Festival 2017
As part of its broader philanthropic activity and its continuous support to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) establishes -and supports through an exclusive grant- the open, week-long events that are held every June at the SNFCC. Admission to the events is free for all participants.
- 05 APRIL 2017 / Inauguration of the New Library of the Law School of the University of Athens with the SNF’s support
On April 4th the inauguration of the new Library of the Law School of the University of Athens took place. The SNF contributed to the creation of the library though a grant, which covered the purchase of all specialized equipment that would allow the library to operate.
- 05 APRIL 2017 / Homer’s Odyssey in 27 countries!
“Odyssée 24” is the title of the 11th edition of the European Festival of Latin and Greek, which took place on March 24. Approximately 200 groups of 5000 readers read one of the 24 epic poems of Homer’s Odyssey in public spaces simultaneously.
- 04 APRIL 2017 / The Charitable Sisterhood of Veria honors the SNF
On Sunday, April 2nd 2017, the Charitable Sisterhood of Veria honored the SNF for its contribution to the organization to assist people affected by the crisis.
- 31 MARCH 2017 / Zagori Excellence Network presented the project Sense Zagori
On Wednesday, March 29, ZEN (Zagori Excellence Network) presented the completion of the first phase of its project, Sense Zagori, funded by the SNF.
- 31 MARCH 2017 / Thessaloniki Medical Society awards the SNF for its philanthropic work
On Tuesday, March 30 the Thessaloniki Medial Society opened its 32nd Annual Medical Conference, which will be held until 2nd April in Thessaloniki.
- 31 MARCH 2017 / “Orthographs” Book Presentation by Yiorgis Yerolymbos
On Thursday, March 30th, took place the book presentation of Yiorgis Yerolymbos under the title “Orthographs”. The book traces the construction of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) and offers a unique account of the project’s development over time through the photographic lens of Yerolymbos.