- 26 July 2017 / Inauguration of the CT Scanner at the General Hospital of Attica “KAT”, with SNF support
On Tuesday, July 25th, the General Hospital of Attica “KAT” inaugurated a new CT Scanner with high quality diagnostic imaging capabilities, which replaced the existing obsolete radiology equipment at the Hospital’s Emergency Department, thereby rendering advanced diagnostic services to patients, as well as significantly improving the patient flow within the Emergency Department.
- 26 July 2017 / Τhe Open Schools Program Completes its Activities for this Summer
For many residents of the Greek capital, this year’s summer holidays had a special destination: the Open Schools of the Municipality of Athens. This summer, the Municipality’s innovative program, which is implemented with the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation in collaboration with Athens Partnership, became one of the city residents’ favorite meeting points, breaking a record of participations, with more than 3,000 beneficiaries crossing the gates of 12 school complexes, from Kypseli to Plaka, Petralona and Grava.
- 25 July 2017 / The SNF Supports the 2017 420 Open European Championship
The 420 Open European Championship for Men and Women, held this year in Athens and overseen by the Nautical Club of Tzitzifies-Kallithea, is just a few days away. The race will take place from Saturday July 22nd until Sunday July 30th.
- 24 July 2017 / Jim Henson Exhibition at Museum of the Moving Image, with the SNF support
On Saturday, July 22, the opening of the “The Jim Henson Exhibition” took place at the Museum of the Moving Image (MoMI) opened The exhibit will be permanent, providing a dynamic visitor experience in MoMI’s new gallery space to explore Jim Henson’s groundbreaking work in film and television.
- 21 July 2017 / SNF Representatives Meet with Delegation of Chinese University Students Attending 5th EU-China Summer School
On Friday, July 21st, at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), representatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) met with a group of Chinese university students who are visiting Athens, as part of the 5th EU-China Summer School.
- 20 July 2017 / Greek Diaspora Fellowship Program Selects 30 Diaspora Fellows to Conduct Projects with Greek Universities
This summer, thirty Greek- and Cypriot-born scholars hailing from a cross-section of twenty-eight prominent United States and Canadian universities are traveling to Greece to conduct academic projects with their peers at Greek universities as part of the Greek Diaspora Fellowship Program.
- 19 July 2017 / BLUE Magazine Hosts Interview with SNFCC Architect Renzo Piano
Aegean Airline’s in-flight Magazine hosts an interview with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center’s architect, Renzo Piano in its July-August edition.
- 18 July 2017 / Τhe New Linear Accelerator Has Been Installed at the University General Hospital of Alexandroupolis with an SNF Grant
The fifth SNF funded brand-new linear accelerator (linac) has been installed at the University General Hospital of Alexandroupolis in Greece, as part of the SNF’s Radiotherapy Program.
- 17 July 2017 / The SNF Lead Donor of the 5th Syros International Film Festival
The Syros International Film Festival returns for the fifth summer, this year aspiring to reflect the power of synergies between different art forms, unique film experiences and traditions from all over the world.