- 06 OCTOBER 2016 / "Open Schools" by the Municipality of Athens, supported by the SNF
On Wednesday, October 5th the Municipality of Athens organized a Press conference presenting the program "Open Schools for the Neighborhood" in light of its commencement on October 17th.
- 04 OCTOBER 2016 / SNF Board Member Dr. Heini Murer Νamed Honorary Doctor of the School of Health Sciences at the University of Patra
On Wednesday September 21st Professor of Physiology and SNF Board Member, Dr. Heini Murer, was named Honorary Doctor of the School of Health Sciences at the University of Patra, following a proposal by the University’s Medical School.
- 04 OCTOBER 2016 / Inauguration of the “Odysseys” exhibition at the National Archaeological Museum
On Monday, October 3rd the temporary exhibition “Odysseys” was inaugurated at the National Archaeological Museum in presence of H.E. The President of the Hellenic Republic, Mr. Prokopios Pavlopoulos. The exhibition is the main commemorative event on the occasion of the 150th anniversary since the foundation of the Museum, and is made possible through the SNF support.
- 04 OCTOBER 2016 / Inauguration of the SOS Children’s Villages Child and Family Support Center in Ioannina
The SOS Children’s Villages Child and Family Support Center in Ioannina was inaugurated on Friday, October 30th, aiming to provide a warm environment for over 150 families in poverty per year.
- 23 SEPTEMBER 2016 / October at the SNFCC
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation will hand over the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center to the Greek State in early 2017. During the transition phase, the Foundation continues its mission to introduce the project to the public through a daily and dynamic program of free public events that, offers visitors an opportunity to experience SNFCC’s programmatic potential, and its place as an urban destination for everyone.
- 22 SEPTEMBER 2016 / Opening ceremony of the exhibition “Yannis Moralis-Christos Kapralos: Friendship in Life and Art”
On Wednesday, September 21st, the opening ceremony of the exhibition "Yannis Moralis-Christos Kapralos: Friendship in Life and Art" took place at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center in presence of H.E. The President of the Hellenic Republic Mr. Prokopios Pavlopoulos.
- 21 SEPTEMBER 2016 / The Graduate Center’s Latin/Greek Institute receives $1 million Grant from the SNF to expand student access to the Classics
The Latin/Greek Institute at the Graduate Center, CUNY, has been awarded a transformative $1 million grant that will expand opportunities for students of all backgrounds to participate in the Institute’s nationally renowned summer language institute.
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2016 / SNF Brain Insight Lecture at The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University by Dr. Helen Blair Simpson
On September 19, psychiatrist Dr. Helen Blair Simpson discussed her acclaimed work on anxiety and related disorders (including obsessive compulsive disorder, or OCD). Taken together, these are some of the most common psychiatric disorders in the world.
- 15 SEPTEMBER 2016 / Yannis Moralis - Christos Kapralos: Friendship in Life and Art
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), in collaboration with the National Gallery – Alexandros Soutzos Museum, hosts the exhibition entitled “Yannis Moralis – Christos Kapralos. A friendship in life and art”, which will be hosted in the area of the Lighthouse, at the SNFCC. The exhibition is realized with the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), as part of the open events held daily at the SNFCC.