- In September 2018, the implementation of the Sport Paths program begins on four Greek remote islands, namely Agios Efstratios, Kastelorizo, Lipsi and Tilos.
- On August 15th, 2018, Worldreader announced the launch of Tuta Tuta, an innovative mobile reading program designed to encourage frequent reading to young children in Jordan.
- On July 31st, 2018, the New York Times published an article highlighting the influential work of Film Forum, in light of its recent renovation and expansion, titled “How Influential is Film Forum? Christopher Nolan and Others Explain.”
- Our thoughts are with the people of Genoa and our friends and partners at the RPBW, following today’s immense tragedy at one of the city’s bridges.
10 AUGUST 2018Update on the Progress of SNF’s Emergency Grant to Support the Hellenic Fire DepartmentToday we met with the Chief of the Hellenic Fire Department at the latter’s Coordination Center, where the leadership of the Department is currently based due to the increased wildfire risks of the season.
- In July, 2018, the National Library of Greece (NLG) has started its pilot operation in its new premises at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- The French weekly magazine, Le Point, featured an extensive article, under the title “The new temple of Athens”, exalting the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center’s landscape and design. The article particularly notes that the SNFCC is “an emblematic space of the Greek capital that sees itself again becoming attractive, creative, away from the sad images of the financial crisis”.
07 AUGUST 2018Opening of the 2nd “ANO” International Organ Festival on the island of Syros, with the SNF’s SupportThe 2nd International Organ Festival “ANO” takes place from August 20th to August 26th, 2018, with free admission, at the St. George’s Cathedral in the area of Ano Syros.
03 AUGUST 2018The Center for Ballet and the Arts Announces Opening of 2019-2020 Fellowship ApplicationThe Center for Ballet and the Arts (CBA) has announced the opening of the 2019-2020 CBA Fellowship application. The CBA Fellowship Program invites artists and scholars to the Center to develop self-directed projects.