- 25 September 2020 / Countercultural Philhellenes, Greek Shipping, and Cycladic Ruins in Fall Events at UCLA’s SNF Hellenic Center
The University of California at Los Angeles’s Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture, which formally launched in June, is offering a full fall schedule of events.
- 25 September 2020 / Threats to American Democracy (and What we Can Do About Them) at SNF Agora
In the lead-up to a U.S. election like none before it, SNF Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University is parsing the most dire threats to the American democratic process, helping us understand how we got here, and pointing the way to actions we can take for the health of our democracy.
- 24 September 2020 / Enjoy Fall at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center!
If you’re in Athens, consider this your invitation to take a walk through Stavros Niarchos Park to enjoy the fall scenery.
- 23 September 2020 / Special Olympics Virtual Talent Show Brings together Young People from Mexico to Morocco
Throughout the current COVID crisis, students around the world have faced new challenges in learning in virtual settings, long days at home, and socializing with their friends. This has posed additional challenges for students with intellectual disabilities. Although the COVID-19 pandemic has prevented face-to-face activities, the need to empower young people and recognize their talents remains very much central to the student experience.
- 23 September 2020 / Water Safety Becomes a Part of the Curriculum in Greece
Every year in Greece, 325 people lose their lives at sea. Drowning is the second leading cause of death by accident for children from infancy to the age of 14. Since its inception in 2015, the nonprofit organization Safe Water Sports has been trying to reverse the patterns that produce these sad statistics by making people safer in and near the water.
- 22 September 2020 / Students Design Apps to Help Solve Society’s Problems, from Pet Waste to Beach Crowding
Eliminating plastic waste? There’s an app for that. Apps for Good, a project of Portugal’s Center of Digital Inclusion supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), asks secondary-school students to create apps to address real social problems in line with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- 21 September 2020 / Stress, Sleep, and Resilience at the SNF Brain Insight Lecture
It goes without saying that 2020 has been an exceptionally stressful year. But how does all this extra stress affect our sleep, our mental health, and our aging?
- 17 September 2020 / Schieffer Series on U.S. Trade and Economic Leadership in the Next Decade
What does the United States need to do now to remain a global economic leader in 2030? Experts from the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) Trade Commission on Affirming American Leadership share their recommendations, a year in the making.
- 16 September 2020 / Apply now for 2021 Global Governance Fellowship at Chatham House
Applications remain open for the 2021 Stavros Niarchos Foundation Academy Fellowship (SNF) at Chatham House’s Queen Elizabeth II Academy.