- 22 APRIL 2016 / Lifebox Foundation celebrates its 5th anniversary in London
On April 18th & 19th, 2016 Lifebox Foundation organized an event to celebrate its 5th anniversary in London, to thank numerous supporters from the medical and philanthropic sectors, including the SNF, for their contribution towards to its mission.
- 20 APRIL 2016 / Opening Ceremony of the Pan-Hellenic Games Special Olympics “Loutraki 2016”
On April 18th, 2016, the Opening Ceremony of the Pan-Hellenic Games of Special Olympics "Loutraki 2016" took place at the Sports Hall "George Giannopoulos” of the Municipality of Loutraki.
- 19 APRIL 2016 / Inauguration of the new angiography equipment at ELPIS Hospital, with the SNF support
On Monday April 18th an event at the General Hospital of Athens “Elpis” was held for the recent procurement of a modern cardiac imaging system at the Department of Cardiology, which was implemented through an SNF grant.
- 18 APRIL 2016 / Major Exhibition at The Met to Present Three Centuries of Greek Art from Alexander to Cleopatra
The conquests of Alexander the Great transformed the ancient world, making trade and cultural exchange possible across great distances. Alexander’s retinue of court artists and extensive artistic patronage provided a model for his successors, the Hellenistic kings, who came to rule over much of his empire.
- 15 APRIL 2016 / Innovative educational programs for medical students and young orthopedic residents
The NGO Regeneration & Progress successfully designed 3 innovative educational programs in the field of medicine, with the support of the SNF.
- 31 MARCH 2016 / Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center -4th Cycle
Following the warm response and high attendance levels of the public, the ‘Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center’ continues its programming, having already completed a two-year long journey. This cultural and educational program is now running its fourth cycle, spreading the message of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) to 87 additional Municipal and Public Libraries across Greece, and 14 Municipalities of Attica.
- 28 MARCH 2016 / Metamorphosis: The SNFCC to the World June 23-26, 2016 | Public events for all ages
In June 2016, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) in Athens, will host the original cultural event under the title Metamorphosis: The SNFCC to the World.
- 23 MARCH 2016 / The SNF participates in the European Programme for Integration and Migration, by supporting NGOs that focus on the needs of unaccompanied children reaching Greece
Given the dramatic dimensions the refugee issue has reached in Greece and throughout Europe, and as part of its grants concerning the relief of refugee populations, the SNF participates in the European Programme for Integration and Migration - EPIM, for the support and implementation of actions focusing on the need for protection of unaccompanied children reaching Greece.
- 23 MARCH 2016 / Announcement of the program “Positive care for dementia” with the support of the SNF
On Tuesday, March 22nd, the “Positive care for dementia” program was presented to the media, which is implemented by Alzheimer’s Disease International - ADI, in collaboration with Alzheimer Hellas.