- 20 JANUARY 2014 / The Journey to the SNFCC continues in Halandri, Keratsini-Drapetsona and Ilioupoli
Following the very successful events that took place in the Municipal Library of Haidari, the National Library of Greece (NLG) and the Central Library of the Municipality of Athens, the “Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center” continues, and invites the public to discover the project that aspires to change the citizens’ everyday lives, in just a few years’ time.
- 20 JANUARY 2014 / Future Library featured on “Stin Praxi”
The show Stin Praxi (In action), broadcasted by SKAI TV, on January 19, 2014 presented Future Library, which was established with the initiative and exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. The objective of Future Library is to enhance the country’s network of public and municipal libraries and to ultimately connect them with the National Library of Greece, once the latter moves to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, the SNF’s largest grant.
- 16 JANUARY 2014 / The Mobile Medical Units Travel to Kastellorizo on January 17th
The state-of-the-art Mobile Medical Units, supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and which were inaugurated last week by the Olympic Village Polyclinic, begin their journey from the island of Kastelorizo. On January 17th a team of 26 doctors and professionals will visit the island, volunteering their services to offer to the island’s residents access to comprehensive healthcare and support services completely free of charge.
- 14 JANUARY 2014 / Grants from the SNF support a series of events in Athens, Brussels, France and the U.S., on the occasion of Greece assuming the Presidency of the Council of the European Union
On the occasion of Greece assuming the Presidency of the Council of the European Union (January-June 2014), the Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation has approved a series of new grants for the implementation of various events in Athens, Brussels, France and the U.S., aimed at the country’s international promotion.
- 14 JANUARY 2014 / Greece-France Alliance 2014
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation, as part of the events celebrating the Greek Presidency of the Council of Europe, is supporting the cultural program Greece-France Alliance 2014, a bilateral cultural and educational program organized by the French Institute in Greece, which aims to foster the exchange of knowledge between the two countries.
- 13 JANUARY 2014 / Armonia Atenea Concert at the Bozar
On Tuesday, January 14th the Centre for Fine Arts in Brussels will host a concert by Armonia Atenea, as part of the official events marking the commencement of the Greek presidency of the Council of the European Union.
- 09 JANUARY 2014 / Olympic Village Polyclinic Inaugurates Two Mobile Medical Units
Two state-of-the-art Mobile Medical Units and an MRI scanner were inaugurated today by the Health Unit (AEMY S.A.), marking the launch of the National Primary Healthcare Education and Promotion Program in island and border regions of Greece, which is supported exclusively by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 07 JANUARY 2014 / Le Petit Monde inaugurates a new child friendly MRI mock scanner at the Lenval Hospital in Nice
On January 10, Le Petit Monde will inaugurate a new child friendly MRI mock scanner at the Lenval Hospital in Nice.
- 03 JANUARY 2014 / Olympic Village Polyclinic Inaugurates Two Mobile Medical Units
On January 9, 2014, the inauguration of two Mobile Medical Units and an MRI Scan by Health Unit (AEMY) marks the commencement of the National Health Care Program, which will provide outpatient care and preventive medicine services to the population of islands and remote areas throughout Greece. The Program is being implemented with the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.