- 12 FEBRUARY 2015 / The Association of Naval Parents of Children with Special Needs ”ARGO” Honors SNF
On 9th February the Association of Naval Parents of Children with Special Needs ”ARGO” presented the SNF with an award for its important support on multiple occasions.
- 06 FEBRUARY 2015 / Paul Gauguin exhibition at the Fondation Beyeler, Riehen/Basel (Switzerland)
As one of the great European cultural highlights in the year 2015, the Paul Gauguin exhibition at the Fondation Beyeler brings together some fifty masterpieces by Gauguin from leading international museums and private collections.
- 30 JANUARY 2015 / The SNF’s Initiative against the Greek Crisis has been completed
On the occasion of the completion of the Initiative Against the Greek Crisis—the $130 (€100 million) million grant program announced by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation three years ago—the first screening of a documentary took place at the Thessaloniki Concert Hall earlier today, introducing representative examples of organizations supported under the Initiative.
- 27 JANUARY 2015 / The “Journey to the SNFCC” continues, visiting 23 additional cities across Greece
Following the public’s warm response to its year-long journey, the cultural and educational program “Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center” extend its scope beyond Attica, carrying the message of the SNFCC to 23 additional cities across Greece.
- 23 JANUARY 2015 / CSIS-Schieffer Series Roundtable on “Securing Cyberspace”
On January 21, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) hosted a journalist roundtable discussion entitled “Securing Cyberspace: A Discussion on the latest Threats and Solutions”.
- 23 JANUARY 2015 / Symposium at the Frick Collection, entitled “El Greco Comes to America: The Discovery of a Modern Old Master”
On January 26, the Frick Collection will be hosting an SNF funded symposium entitled “El Greco Comes to America: The Discovery of a Modern Old Master”.
- 19 JANUARY 2015 / School Support Program Overview
Recognizing the significant role of technology, both in providing effective educational services, as well as in the implementation of new learning methods, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) has implemented, from 2007 to date, a School Support Program, through which it has awarded grants totaling €2,848,300 to 309 public schools throughout Greece.
- 26 DECEMBER 2014 / SNF Co-President A. Dracopoulos included in National Herald's List of the most influential Greek-Americans
The National Herald has published a list of all time high influential Greek Americans.
- 19 DECEMBER 2014 / The Academy of Athens honors the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
On December 19th, the Academy of Athens, following a unanimous decision by the governing committee, honored the Stavros Niarchos Foundation with a Gold Distinction for its philanthropic work. The award was received on behalf of the Foundation by Mr. George Agouridis, board member.