- 07 MARCH 2014 / Sixth Form Conference of the Royal Institution of Great Britain
On March 7th, the Royal Institution of Great Britain, an SNF grantee, is organizing the Sixth Form Conference titled “The Greek Legacy: How did Greek mathematicians and philosophers shape modern mathematics?” The conference is part of an educational project on Greek mathematicians supported by the SNF.
- 07 MARCH 2014 / SNFCC at the Conference on “Heritage First! Towards a Common Approach for a Sustainable Europe”
Elly Andriopoulou, Chief Operating Officer of SNFCC, is participating at the conference “Heritage First! Towards a Common Approach for a Sustainable Europe” organized by the Ministry of Culture as part of the Greek EU Presidency.
- 06 MARCH 2014 / The Mobile Medical Units visit Amorgos
On March 6th, the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Amorgos, where they will remain until March 11th. The Mobile Medical Units will be accompanied by a scientific team consisting of the following specialities: gynecologist, a dietician, cardiologist, dentist, orthopedist, ophthalmologist, pulmonologist and otolaryngologist.
- 05 MARCH 2014 / Presentation of the “Better Life” program
Today, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and WWF Greece (www.wwf.gr) presented the “Better Life” program, which is implemented by the WWF, with the exclusive support of the Foundation.
- 05 MARCH 2014 / The Journey to the SNFCC continues to 13 additional Municipalities
In November 2013, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation announced the inauguration of the program entitled “Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Cultural Center” (SNFCC). The main goal of the program is to help the general public, and especially the younger generation, get acquainted with the philosophy of the SNFCC, through a series of interactive and open events.
- 27 FEBRUARY 2014 / Two years of grants and initiatives by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation to help ease the adverse effects of the economic crisis in Greece
The SNF has already committed €77 million out of the total €100 million of the program,implementing 204 grants in total.
- 26 FEBRUARY 2014 / BronxWorks Mobile Medical Van Ribbon-Cutting
On February 27th, BronxWorks inaugurates its mobile medical van, becoming one of the first organizations to offer mobile medical services targeting the street homeless population in the Bronx.
- 26 FEBRUARY 2014 / Roundtable on “National Security & Foreign Policy Flash Points” as part of SNF grant to CSIS-Schieffer Series
On February 27th, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is hosting a journalist roundtable discussion on “National Security & Foreign Policy Flash Points” as part of the SNF grant supporting the “CSIS-Schieffer Series Dialogues”.
- 26 FEBRUARY 2014 / First Greek Annual Gathering at ETH Zurich
On February 27th, the ETH Zurich will host the first Greek Annual Gathering supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, the ETH Zurich Foundation, and the Hellenic Student Association of Zurich. The metting will focus on Hellenism in Switzerland, education-career paths and the role of ETH Zurich.