15 NOVEMBER 2018National Museum of Contemporary Art’s Press Event Reporting on its Activities Since 2017On Thursday, November 15, 2018, a Press Conference was held for the presentation of the National Museum of Contemporary Art’s activities carried out in Greece and abroad during 2017-2018, and the announcement of the Museum’s 2019 exhibition programming.
- On Thursday, November 1st, the young athletes of the Rising New York Road Runners Wheelchair Training Program raced as part of the TCS Run with Champions, cheered on by professional athletes.
- On Wednesday, November 14th, representatives from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) joined the Barça Foundation in Barcelona as they presented the results of the FutbolNet program for refugee children in Greece and announce the program’s next step.
- On Monday, November 12th, Johns Hopkins University’s Stavros Niarchos Foundation Agora Institute held its first Board of Overseers meeting.
13 NOVEMBER 2018Presentation on the SNFCC’s Development on Conference for the Future of ConstructionOn Monday November 12th the Association of Businesses for Quality and Development in Construction organized a conference regarding the future of construction in Greece. Mrs. Elly Andriopoulou, SNFCC Grant Manager, was invited to present the history and philosophy behind the SNFCC’s development from the moment it was conceived by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- On Thursday, November 8th, representatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) joined researchers and staff at London’s Francis Crick Institute in celebrating the Institute’s two-year anniversary.
- On Wednesday, November 14th, representatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation will join faculty of Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore for a symposium presenting the work of practical ethicists at the University.
12 NOVEMBER 2018The SNF Supports the Food aid Program of the Cultural and Social Center of Amari in CreteOn Friday November 9th, 2018, the Cultural and Social Center of the Holy Metropolis of Lampe, Syvritos and Sfakia inaugurated its new kitchen facilities that were renovated through a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- On Monday, November 12th, Columbia University inaugurated its new Institute for Ideas and Imagination in Paris. Lead support for the Institute was provided by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), and additional support was provided by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. The Institute will reside at Reid Hall, part of the University’s Paris Global Center.