- 04 OCTOBER 2016 / Inauguration of the SOS Children’s Villages Child and Family Support Center in Ioannina
The SOS Children’s Villages Child and Family Support Center in Ioannina was inaugurated on Friday, October 30th, aiming to provide a warm environment for over 150 families in poverty per year.
- 23 SEPTEMBER 2016 / October at the SNFCC
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation will hand over the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center to the Greek State in early 2017. During the transition phase, the Foundation continues its mission to introduce the project to the public through a daily and dynamic program of free public events that, offers visitors an opportunity to experience SNFCC’s programmatic potential, and its place as an urban destination for everyone.
- 22 SEPTEMBER 2016 / Opening ceremony of the exhibition “Yannis Moralis-Christos Kapralos: Friendship in Life and Art”
On Wednesday, September 21st, the opening ceremony of the exhibition "Yannis Moralis-Christos Kapralos: Friendship in Life and Art" took place at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center in presence of H.E. The President of the Hellenic Republic Mr. Prokopios Pavlopoulos.
- 21 SEPTEMBER 2016 / The Graduate Center’s Latin/Greek Institute receives $1 million Grant from the SNF to expand student access to the Classics
The Latin/Greek Institute at the Graduate Center, CUNY, has been awarded a transformative $1 million grant that will expand opportunities for students of all backgrounds to participate in the Institute’s nationally renowned summer language institute.
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2016 / SNF Brain Insight Lecture at The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University by Dr. Helen Blair Simpson
On September 19, psychiatrist Dr. Helen Blair Simpson discussed her acclaimed work on anxiety and related disorders (including obsessive compulsive disorder, or OCD). Taken together, these are some of the most common psychiatric disorders in the world.
- 15 SEPTEMBER 2016 / Yannis Moralis - Christos Kapralos: Friendship in Life and Art
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), in collaboration with the National Gallery – Alexandros Soutzos Museum, hosts the exhibition entitled “Yannis Moralis – Christos Kapralos. A friendship in life and art”, which will be hosted in the area of the Lighthouse, at the SNFCC. The exhibition is realized with the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), as part of the open events held daily at the SNFCC.
- 10 SEPTEMBER 2016 / European Leaders visit the SNFCC
On the occasion of the Mediterranean EU countries’ Summit that took place in Athens, on Friday September 9th, the Heads of State of the EU countries of the South had the opportunity to visit the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) following the official proceedings held at Zappeion Megaron.
- 01 SEPTEMBER 2016 / Τhe 65th Regular Assembly of the Special Advisory Committee of the Greek State with the SNF for the SNFCC Took Place
On Wednesday August 31st the 65th regular assembly of the Special Advisory Committee of the Greek State with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) for the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) took place at Megaro Maximou in the presence of the Prime Minister Mr. Alexis Tsipras and the relevant Ministers responsible for the project. The meeting was attended by the permanent committee members and representatives of the SNF and SNFCC, including among others SNF’s co-President, Mr. Andreas C. Dracopoulos.
- 30 AUGUST 2016 / The events at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center continue
The program of events at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) continue unabated throughout September. As announced by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), on August 16th the project was delivered to the SNF by the joint venture, thus officially signaling the beginning the delivery process to the Greek State.