- 05 SEPTEMBER 2017 / Launch of the Digital Research Laboratory Fragmentarium, with the SNF’s support
From August 30th to September 1st, the Medieval Institute of the University of Fribourg hosted the second planning meeting and exploratory workshops for the launch of Fragmentarium, a digital research laboratory of a scholarly network, which enables libraries, collectors, researchers and students to upload medieval manuscript fragments and to describe, transcribe and assemble them.
- 04 SEPTEMBER 2017 / Annual Blue Dream Summer Gala by the Greek Orthodox Church of the Hamptons, with the SNF’s support
On Saturday, August 26th, the Greek Orthodox Church of the Hamptons hosted the annual Blue Dream Summer Gala in Southampton, New York. The evening’s honorary co-chairs were Adrian Grenier, UN Goodwill Ambassador and Lonely Whale Foundation Co-Founder, and Rick Kaiser, Master Chief SEAL (Ret.). The Stavros Niarchos Foundation supported the event, among others.
- 02 SEPTEMBER 2017 / Dazzling performances by the Shanghai Kunqu Opera Troupe at the SNFCC, with the SNF’s support
The Shanghai Kunqu Opera Troupe came for the first time in Greece to present three unique performances at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), with the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 01 SEPTEMBER 2017 / September at the SNFCC!
For most people September marks the return to schools, the office, the city and everyday life.
- 01 SEPTEMBER 2017 / The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum welcomes the Daniil Simkin: Falls the Shadow performance, with the SNF’s support
On September 4th and 5th, Works & Process at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, in New York, will premiere its newest Rotunda Project, Daniil Simkin: Falls the Shadow.
- 31 AUGUST 2017 / Our warmest congratulations to the first SNF Fellows of the Columbia Journalism School!
Mixed feelings as the SNF Fellows that participated in intensive summer courses at Columbia Journalism School return to Greece. Feelings of joy for the invaluable knowledge and experience they acquired mixed with sadness for saying goodbye to new friends and partners.
- 31 AUGUST 2017 / The SNF supports a home-based intervention program for people with diagnosed dementia in the municipality of Patra and neighboring areas
The home-based holistic intervention program “Care for Dementia in the Community” (Φροντίζω για την Άνοια στην Κοινότητα), an initiative undertaken by the Corporation for Succor and Care of Elderly and Disabled – FRODIZO launches its first cycle.
- 29 AUGUST 2017 / “Emmanouel Kriaras Platform” by the Institute of Modern Greek Studies, with the SNF’s Support
The Institute of Modern Greek Studies publishes the “Emmanouel Kriaras Platform”, an electronic platform that utilizes the donation of the Library and an important part of the Archive that the leading Greek philologist bequeathed to the Institute in his will.
- 28 AUGUST 2017 / The 52nd Street Project presents its new undertaking, with the SNF’s support
Since 1981 The 52nd Street Project has been dedicated to the creation and production of theatrical plays for, and often by children, through a series of mentoring programs that bring together children, aged 9 to 18 years old, from vulnerable social groups, which reside in Hell’s Kitchen, Manhattan, with theater professionals. As part of its initiative to extend its reach to more areas in the U.S., the organization launched the Project Exchange, with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), for a more hands-on training in creative writing.