06 DECEMBER 2018Athens Digital Lab Presents the First Digital Ideas that Aim to Improve Life in AthensOn Wednesday, December 5th, a few days after the launch of the second edition of its competition calling for smart city digital ideas, Athens Digital Lab (ADL) presented the innovative digital solutions, developed and implemented by the teams from the first cycle of the program, which are already underway in Athens.
- On Thursday, December 6th, the President of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), Lord Sebastian Coe, visited the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- On Tuesday, December 4th, Ambassador Wendy Sherman spoke at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University.
- How do you plan to celebrate the New Year? If the idea of sitting and watching the countdown on TV leaves you feeling less than inspired, kick off the New Year with a new experience and a new source of positive energy. Dare to do something different, while offering a small gift to children in need.
- On Tuesday December 4th, the Institute of Global Affairs (IGA) at the American College of Greece, in collaboration with the NGO Women Act hosted a forum entitled “Women in Diplomacy – Challenges and Opportunities for Women in Public Life”. The forum consisted of a panel discussion, which welcomed female leaders in the field to discuss current trends and politics for women in public service. Representatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) attended the event.
- On Friday, November 30th, the Madison Square Boys & Girls Club hosted its 52nd annual Christmas Tree Ball in New York. Representatives from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), which has provided longstanding support for the organization, attended the event.
- On December 1, on the occasion of World AIDS Day, Her Most Serene Highness Princess Stéphanie presented nine quilts paying tribute to victims of the disease at the Oceanographic Museum of Monaco. The event was inspired by the AIDS Memorial Quilt, a monumental 54-ton quilt bearing the names of victims that was conceived in San Francisco in 1985.
- From Saturday, December 1st, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) was transformed into a unique Christmas destination for both children and adults, with the SNF's exclusive support.
- On Thursday November 29th, 2018, the 3rd Special Advisory Committee Assembly for the SNF’s Heath Initiative between the Greek State and Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) took place.