31 OCTOBER 2018SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos Visits Saint Demetrios Greek American School in AstoriaThe Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, and the Director of Programs and Strategic Initiatives, Mr. Stelios Vasilakis, paid a visit yesterday to the Saint Demetrios Greek-American School in Astoria, New York.
- A musician loses his dog in Cyprus. A wife tries to foster a rapprochement between her policeman husband and activist daughter. A man’s wife wakes up from a coma, and he is devastated.
- On Friday November 1st, 2018, the General Hospital of Kastoria inaugurates the new equipment for its Renal Dialysis Unit, acquired through a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- Descending the curvy roads of Mount Psiloritis at 4 a.m. is a real challenge—just not for the reasons we’d have expected. It wasn’t that we were tired in body after a long day of filming or in spirit after a long day of of trying to understand the origins of the universe.
- On Thursday, October 25th, 2018, the 2nd Special Advisory Committee Assembly for the SNF’s Heath Initiative between the Greek State and Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) took place. The Health Initiative is structured around seven new projects, aiming to further enhance the Greek Health sector, with a budget expected to exceed €250 million.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) is proud to partner with Special Olympics in supporting their mission of empowerment through sport and education.
26 OCTOBER 2018Athens Among the Finalists for the European Capital of Innovation Award with the SNF’s SupportAthens is one of the six cities to reach the final stages of the 2018 European Capital of Innovation contest.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) supports the Warm Home program, implemented as part of the Prefecture of Central Greece’s social support program Gefyra.
- The relationship between Greece and Germany has seen many chapters written by broad sociopolitical and intellectual movements. A recent conference in Berlin sought a new chapter in the relationship, this one written though personal, face-to-face literary exchange and collaboration.