- 08 OCTOBER 2019 / New York Stem Cell Foundation Holds 2019 Gala and Science Fair
On Monday, October 7, the New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) held its annual Gala and Science Fair, which was co-chaired by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), in New York City.
- 08 OCTOBER 2019 / An Εntrepreneurial Model for Clean Water in Madagascar
In Madagascar, one of the world’s poorest countries, 72% of those in rural areas lack access to clean water and diarrheic diseases are one of the leading causes of death. France-based organization 1001fontaines seeks to help address this by equipping local entrepreneurs on board to meet their communities’ needs.
- 08 OCTOBER 2019 / Young Heroes in Training
The Youth Hero Training program designed by Close Quarters Defense (CQD) aims to help young people grow in confidence in their own self-worth and their ability to make positive interventions in the world around them.
- 07 OCTOBER 2019 / Become the story: Ιstorima
Do you enjoy listening to stories and learning new things?
- 04 OCTOBER 2019 / Mobile Medical Units: October Visits
As autumn begins to make an appearance and temperatures drop, the Mobile Medical Units continue on their mission to provide free medical care services to as many residents of our country as possible.
- 04 OCTOBER 2019 / The CSIS Schieffer Series Presents “Confronting the Challenges of Trade in a New Century”
For half a century, an international system of trade underpinned by United States policy brought stability to global commerce and prosperity to some. That status quo is increasingly destabilized by developments in the U.S. and abroad, including increasing inequality, technological shifts, and geopolitical developments. What comes next?
- 03 OCTOBER 2019 / “Newsroom Essentials” from the Columbia School of Journalism to iMEdD
On Thursday, October 3, the new thematic cycle of iMEdD's Ideas Zone program, entitled "Newsroom Essentials" was launched.
- 03 OCTOBER 2019 / A Mythological Celtic king, Cynthia Nixon, and the Public Discourse on Aging
It may have premiered on St. Stephen’s Day in 1606, but it’s still inspiring timely conversations in Midtown Manhattan.
- 02 OCTOBER 2019 / The First Year of “New Agriculture for a New Generation”
“New Agriculture for a New Generation.” The title alone draws a clear picture of the vision behind this program, which has already borne fruit (specifically, fig- and strawberry-flavored fruit) during the first year of its implementation.