- As No Finish Line Nice made its full return after the disruptions of the pandemic, participants in the 2022 edition of the event shattered their goal of covering 45,000 kilometers, collectively traversing 54,660 kilometers to raise money to improve the welfare of children in the region.
- New Stavros Niarchos Foundation Public Humanities Initiative (SNFPHI) projects will give voice to people incarcerated in Corfu, spotlight a Northern Greece village that’s home to a deeply rooted Black community, engage Athens high schoolers in an expansive urban game related to Hadrian’s aqueduct, and more.
- The Tällberg Foundation hosted a three-day workshop in Vamvakou, the Greek mountain village where the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s (SNF) founder had his roots and where SNF has supported a major effort to bring new life to a rural community recently in decline.
- AFS, which enables young people to travel abroad for in-depth intercultural experiences, recently convened its global network as well as educators, researchers, and policymakers in Athens to discuss Global Citizenship as a Path to Peace.
09 MAY 2022SNF Health Initiative featured in Blue magazine through interviews with Foundation Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos and architect Renzo PianοThe latest issue of Aegean Airlines' Blue magazine features two interviews that spotlight the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Health Initiative: one interview with SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos and another with Pritzker Prize-winning architect Renzo Piano.
- Starting from the Greek Revolution of 1821, bestselling author and Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Director of the Oxford Centre for Byzantine Research Peter Frankopan will look at what Greece’s recent history tells us about the future of its language, culture, and place in the world in an upcoming livestreamed talk, the final one in a series of three.
- Though peatlands account for only 3% of the earth’s surface, we learned in the last set of stories from The New York Times Headway initiative, they store more carbon than all other vegetation combined.
- A long-awaited new short film from internationally acclaimed filmmaker Yorgos Lanthimos, Bleat, is being shown to live musical accompaniment on May 6, 7, and 8, 2022, in the Greek National Opera’s (GNO) Stavros Niarchos Hall at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).