- 02 April 2020 / National Theatre Shares Exceptional Theater with Students at Home, and With the Rest of Us
Encompassing dozens of stage scintillating performances from the last decade, the National Theatre Collection is now available at home to students and teachers homebound by the coronavirus pandemic.
- 26 March 2020 / Standing by our Grantees Affected by the Pandemic
We believe it is critical that the work of our grantee organization continues, in spite of and because of the challenges we now collectively face. We are here to work closely with them to help meet their needs—and, by extension, the needs of society at large.
- 24 March 2020 / Cancelation of this year’s Summer Nostos Festival
Over the past few weeks, the world has experienced extraordinary and rapidly evolving developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Each day we face a new and different reality. With the health and safety of everyone involved as our absolute priority, it is with great sadness that we announce the cancelation of the 2020 Summer Nostos Festival and SNF Conference.
- 24 March 2020 / National Constitution Center Offers Interactive Online Courses to Homebound U.S. Students
As democratic governments battling the coronavirus pandemic balance individual liberties with collective health outcomes, careful thinking about the guidelines set out by the U.S. Constitution is more critical than ever.
- 24 March 2020 / Helping Those without a Home in Thessaloniki
While most in Thessaloniki are staying at home for the health of themselves and others, that’s not an option for everyone.
- 20 March 2020 / SNF Agora Series Asks What Democratic Participation Looks Like in the Age of Social Distancing
How are political and social systems influencing the global spread of COVID-19? And how, in turn, might they begin to be reshaped by it?
- 17 March 2020 / Working with the same passion, but in unprecedented times.
Since our founding, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s fundamental mission has been to promote the common good. We are proud that together with our grantee partners—our friends and collaborators—we have contributed to improving the lives of those in need.
- 16 March 2020 / A Tool to Track the Geographical Distribution of COVID-19 from iMEdD Lab
As the spread of COVID-19 becomes ever more the focus of global concern, iMEdD Lab has created an interactive, user-friendly application to help the public stay informed of the geographic distribution of the virus and abreast of ongoing developments.
- 12 March 2020 / Folk Song and Weaving, Hip Hop and Oral History Combine in New Public Humanities Projects
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Public Humanities Initiative (SNFPHI) has announced its first cohort of projects.