- 16 OCTOBER 2018 / SNF Landmark Grant to HSS for the Support of the Complex Joint Reconstruction Center
On Tuesday, October 16th, the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) in New York announced a $10 million grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) to support the Complex Joint Reconstruction Center (CJRC).
- 16 OCTOBER 2018 / Event for the Presentation of the Results of the SNF Fellowship Program at the Technical University of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace
On October 17th and 18th, the Technical University of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace organizes an event for the presentation of the innovative projects of the 15 young researchers who participated in the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship Program.
- 16 OCTOBER 2018 / International Symposium by the Hellenic Authors’ Society Explores the Future of Writing, with the SNF’s Support
On Thursday the 18th and Friday the 19th of October, the Hellenic Authors’ Society hosts an international symposium, titled “Why Read: The Role of Writers and Books in the 21st Century”. The symposium is held as part of the Athens 2018 World Book Capital events of the Municipality of Athens, for which lead support is provided by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 12 OCTOBER 2018 / “Train the Trainers” Workshops, as part of the “New Agriculture for a New Generation” Project, Supported by SNF
Between October 12th and 14th, 2018, the first round of a series of “Train the Trainers” workshops will be conducted in the area of Pieria, within the framework of the “New Agriculture for a New Generation” program.
- 11 OCTOBER 2018 / The New York Times Features The SNFCC in an Article About Athens
The New York Times in its popular column 36 Hours features the city of Athens in an article entitled: “36 Hours in Athens: From the ancient Acropolis to a daring Renzo Piano-designed cultural center, the Greek capital is luring record numbers of tourists to explore its monuments, new and old.”
- 11 OCTOBER 2018 / German President, Frank-Walter Steinmeier, Visits the SNFCC
On Thursday, October 11th, 2018, the German President, Frank-Walter Steinmeier, visited the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), as part of his official two-day State visit to Greece.
- 08 OCTOBER 2018 / Interview of the SNF Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, with the magazine “The Doctor”
The Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, granted a comprehensive interview to the quarterly scientific magazine “The Doctor”.
- 08 OCTOBER 2018 / BBC’s “Masters of Design” Series Features Renzo Piano
BBC’s interview series “Masters of Design” features internationally renowned architect, Renzo Piano, on the occasion of the “Renzo Piano: The Art of Making Buildings” large retrospective exhibition, which is currently on display at the Royal Academy of Arts until January 20th, 2019.
- 08 OCTOBER 2018 / Friends of Live Arts Wall Dedication
On Thursday, October 4th, 2018, New York Live Arts (NYLA) hosted its Friends of Live Arts Wall Dedication to honor their supporters who have contributed to NYLA’s vision. The Friends of Live Arts Wall, dedicated to major donors who have “made a significant impact on the past, present and future of the organization” and which features the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, was unveiled at the event.