- 21 NOVEMBER 2014 / National Herald on A.Dracopoulos’s Visit to St.Demetrios High School in Astoria
The National Herald reports on the visit of the SNF co-President, A. Dracopoulos, at the St. Demetrios High School of Astoria, where he was briefed by the school’s leadership of both the progress made, and the challenges it faces.
- 21 NOVEMBER 2014 / Τhe Entrepreneurship Club honors the SNF
On Thursday, November 20th, the Entrepreneurship Club presented the Stavros Niarchos Foundation with the Responsibility and Contribution Award in honor of the Foundation’s long and multifaceted social contribution in the context of the Club’s Kouros Enterpresneurship Awards.
- 20 NOVEMBER 2014 / Architectural Photography Lecture & Exhibition by Yiorgis Yerolymbos, at the SNFCC Visitors Center
The flow of events continues at the Visitors Center of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center. This Friday, November 21st (at 18:00), the Visitors Center hosts architect and photographer Yiorgis Yerolymbos, in an event dedicated to the art and beauty of architectural photography.
- 20 NOVEMBER 2014 / 50th anniversary of Swiss excavations at the ancient site of Eretria
Since 1964, Swiss archaeologists have been involved in the excavation of the remains of the ancient site of Eretria on the island of Euboea. The discoveries and publications reflect the richness and originality of the past of Eretrians.
- 13 NOVEMBER 2014 / Romare Bearden “A Black Odyssey” exhibition in NYC-7th and last stop!
After traveling to six arts institutions in different US cities for two years, the Romare Bearden “A Black Odyssey” exhibition will be coming to NYC—its seventh and last stop! The opening will take place on Friday, November 14 at Columbia University.
- 11 NOVEMBER 2014 / 2nd Annual NYC Neighborhood Library Awards Request Nominations from New Yorkers
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the Charles H. Revson Foundation announced today that the second annual NYC Neighborhood Library Awards are accepting nominations from the public. The awards honor individual branches in New York City’s three library systems: the Brooklyn Public Library; Queens Library; and the New York Public Library, which operates branches in the Bronx, Manhattan, and Staten Island.
- 10 NOVEMBER 2014 / Opening at the Louvre of the exhibition “Rhodes, une île grecque aux portes de l’Orient”
The SNF is proud to support the significant exhibition “Rhodes, une île grecque aux portes de l’Orient” which reveals Rhodes’ little known, but rich archaeological heritage.
- 10 NOVEMBER 2014 / No Finish Line 2014
On November 15th, the 15th edition of the No Finish Line charity race starts in Monaco! During 8 days, over 10,000 people will run around the clock, trying to beat last year’s record and raise money for the benefit of children worldwide.
- 10 NOVEMBER 2014 / Videozoom: Greece – Opening: 14 November 2014
Videozoom is an initiative "in progress" created by Sala 1 Centro Internazionale d’Arte Contemporanea in Rome, which aims to show contemporary video art in various territorial situations. The Greek edition of Videozoom entitled On Πause curated by young Athens curators Maria Dialektaki and Maria Papaioannou, will be hosted from 14 - 29 November 2014 at the Museum of Rome in Trastevere.