- 10 JULY 2014 / Fourth SNF International Conference on Philanthropy – June 25th and 26th, 2015
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is pleased to announce the Fourth Annual International Conference on Philanthropy, scheduled to take place in Athens on June 25th and 26th, 2015.
- 10 JULY 2014 / The Mobile Medical Units have successfully completed yet another mission, this time in the island of Psara
Following the successful missions to the islands of Kastelorizo, Amorgos, Kasos and Astypalaia, the two state-of-the-art Mobile Medical Units have successfully completed yet another mission, this time in Psara, where the island’s residents had the opportunity to receive comprehensive medical care and support.
- 07 JULY 2014 / SEV -IVEPE launches the Program NEW KNOWLEDGE – NEW PERSPECTIVES
SEV -IVEPE launched today the Program NEW KNOWLEDGE – NEW PERSPECTIVES which aims to offer free of charge training programs for 1,000 unemployed people, aged 25 to 40 years old, providing them with the required training for the development of specific skills in order for the participants to improve their competitiveness in the job market. The program is implemented with an exclusive grant from the SNF.
- 04 JULY 2014 / The SNF announces a new important grant initiative to support cancer treatment
As part of its initiative to assist with providing high quality health services to all citizens, the Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation approved yesterday, among others, a new, large scale grant, totaling €16 million, for improving radiotherapy conditions in Greece.
- 03 JULY 2014 / The Mobile Medical Units Visit Psarra
On June 5th, the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Psarra to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to the residents of the isolated island. This is the fifth mission of the Units, following the visits in Kastelorizo, Amorgo, Kasos and Astypalaia.
- 01 JULY 2014 / The 3d Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation International Conference on Philanthropy has been completed
The 3d Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation International Conference on Philanthropy was successfully completed. The Conference took place in Athens, on the 26th and 27th of June, 2014.
- 27 JUNE 2014 / Εndeavor Greece Report: Creating Jobs for Youth in Greece
Τhe need for job creation for youth and possible ways to tackle high unemployment in Greece through entrepreneurship is the main focus of the report entitled "Creating Jobs for Youth in Greece" completed by Endeavor Greece with the SNF’s exclusive support and which was presented during the 3rd SNF International Conference on Philanthropy.
- 26 JUNE 2014 / Kathimerini: Do it like the SNF
A. Ellis in the daily newspaper Kathimerini analyzes the work and initiatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 25 JUNE 2014 / The SNFCC hosted its first ever choreographed art performance
The first major choreographed art performance was hosted tonight at the site of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), where the “Dance of the Cranes” unfolded; a creative music/dance performance inspired by the project’s architect, Renzo Piano, and executed by Myron Michailidis, the artistic director of the Greek National Opera (GNO).