- 28 June 2018 / The New York Times on the upcoming series of Theater of War Productions’ performances at the Harlem Stage
In a recent article The New York Times report on the five-week run of free performances of SNF grantee, Theater of War Productions’ original project, Antigone in Ferguson which premieres on September 13th in New York City, kicking off Harlem Stage’s 2018/2019 programming season.
- 27 June 2018 / Center for an Urban Future Publishes Report on New York City Parks
On Tuesday, June 26th, 2018, the Center for an Urban Future published its report on New York City parks, titled “A New Leaf: Revitalizing New York City’s Aging Parks Infrastructure”.
- 26 June 2018 / Book Launch Regarding the Life and Work of civil engineer Andreas C. Dracopoulos (1891-1973)
On Monday, June 25th, 2018, the SNF grantee MONUMENTA held the presentation of a book on the life and work of civil engineer Andreas C. Dracopoulos (1891-1973), by the collector Giannis Lambrou, at the Lighthouse of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 25 June 2018 / 4th SNF RUN: Running into the Future Evening Race
On Saturday, June 23rd, 2018, when the Olympic Day was also celebrated worldwide as the Olympic Day, the evening race SNF RUN: Running into the Future took place for the fourth consecutive year.
- 22 June 2018 / The SNF Partners with Special Olympics to Build Global Social Inclusion with a Vision to Play Unified. Learn Unified
On the eve of its 50th Anniversary, Special Olympics announces today a landmark collaboration with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) to support the global social inclusion movement’s goal of forging stronger youth engagement worldwide and to transform educational systems through inclusive sport.
- 22 June 2018 / Traffic Regulations SNF RUN: Running into the Future Saturday, 23 June 2018
In celebration of the Olympic Day, the annual SNF RUN: Running into the Future will take place on Saturday, 23 June, as part of the Summer Nostos Festival.
- 20 June 2018 / SNF Health Initiative – 1st Regular Quarterly Progress Update
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) recently announced its intention to support the Greek Health sector with a series of grants totaling at least $240 million. On March 21, 2018, the SNF and the Greek State signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the grant initiative, marking the first step in this philanthropic partnership. Today, at the Maximos Mansion in Athens, the Prime Minister, Mr. Alexis Tsipras, and the Co-President of the SNF, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos met to discuss the progress of the grants.
- 14 June 2018 / DIALOGUES: Disrupting Polarization
On Wednesday, June 20th , 2018, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) will hold the eight event of its monthly series, DIALOGUES. The event is taking place in collaboration with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Agora Institute at the Johns Hopkins University and is entitled: “Disrupting Polarization: The Work of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University."
- 12 June 2018 / Inauguration of the Renovated Blood Donation Department of the General Hospital of Thessaloniki "Agios Pavlos"
On Wednesday, June 13th, 2018, the General Hospital of Thessaloniki "Agios Pavlos" is holding the inauguration of its renovated Blood Donation Department. The renovation, as well as the procurement of medical equipment and a vehicle to handle mobile blood drives was made possible through a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.