20 FEBRUARY 2019Completion of SNF’s Grant for the Replacement of Radiotherapy Equipment around GreeceΟn Thursday, February 14th, 2019, two new linear accelerators were inaugurated in the Radiotherapy Department of Attikon University General Hospital through a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- On Wednesday, February 20th, a conference was to mark the occasion of Athens being named “European Capital of Innovation 2018.” Representatives of the European Union and other innovation capitals (iCapitals), as well as partners and supporters, participated.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) announced a new round of paid internships, designed for young people ages 18 to 35, for a total of 62 positions.
- On Friday, February 15th, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was honored for its contribution to the efforts of the Educational Center for People with Disabilities in Piraeus (PEk/AmeA), as part of the organization’s award ceremony for supporters.
- Art UK has launched a knowledge-exchange program for six museum professionals from Greece to learn about its innovative “Masterpieces in Schools” initiative, which is supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- The incubator for Media Education and Development (iMEdD) officially launched today with a 24-hour program including panel and audience discussions, presentations by journalists, music, film screenings, and food for thought on the future of journalism, as well as the latest installment of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s (SNF) monthly DIALOGUES series. Based in Athens, iMEdD is a non-profit organization founded in 2018 with the exclusive support of the SNF.
- On Thursday, March 7th, the Philip Merrill Center for Strategic Studies and the Strategic Studies Department at Johns Hopkins University will present “Bridging America’s Civil-Military Divide,” in collaboration with the University’s Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Agora Institute.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation presented the February installment of the monthly DIALOGUES series, dedicated to JOURNALISM: The Day After. The event took place on February 15th.
- On Wednesday, February 13th, an event was held at the Greek National Opera (GNO), on the occasion of the start of the new calendar year and the new theater season.