13 DECEMBER 2018Barça Foundation Magazine Article on SNF Co-President A. Dracopoulos’s Statement at the General Assembly of FC BarcelonaΤhe latest edition of the quarterly magazine of the Barça Foundation, Fundacio, includes an article on the announcement shared by Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Co-President Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos at FC Barcelona’s October 20th General Assembly. Mr. Dracopoulos announced SNF’s commitment to expand its support for the Barça Foundation’s impactful education and sport programs.
- On Sunday, December 16th, the Leading Change Network (LCN) will kick off a new phase of its work building organizing capacity around the world, supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
12 DECEMBER 2018The SNF supports the Upgrade of the Institute of Child Health’s Neonatal Screening ProgramOn Wednesday, December 12th, the inauguration of the new neonatal screening equipment (GSP System) was held at the Institute of Child Health. The equipment’s procurement was completed with a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, aiming at upgrading the Institute’s existing Neonatal Screening Program and thereby helping in the identification of a series of disorders, be they genetic, metabolic, hormonal or physical in nature.
- The saying goes that it takes a village to raise a young person. But sometimes it takes young people to raise up a village, and this is exactly what’s happening in the Laconian village of Vamvakou.
11 DECEMBER 2018L’Ovile Cooperativa Di Solidarieta Sociale Honored for Mending Social Fabric with SewingThis week, Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) grantee L’Ovile Cooperativa Di Solidarieta Sociale was recognized by the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy with a Corporate Social Responsibility Award.
11 DECEMBER 2018Aristotle University Students Complete CSIS Practicum in Modern Journalism with the SNF’s SupportFrom December 1st through 8th, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) hosted its fourth CSIS Practicum in Modern Journalism: Reporting on International Affairs of the year, with exclusive support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- Last week, Simon Frasier University (SFU) welcomed to its Burnaby, B.C. campus a new cohort of interns for the Rebooting the Greek Language project.
- On Friday, December 7th, the Center for Modern Greece (CeMoG) at the Freie Universität Berlin hosted the fifth installment of the CeMoG Lecture. Jens Plötner, German Ambassador to Greece, discussed how Greek-German relations have developed over time.
- A special event took place on December 8th, for the completion of the “I Care and Act” program that is being implemented in schools across the country, with the aim of cultivating voluntary social contribution and active participation in public life among the wider school community.