- 08 NOVEMBER 2017 / Greek journalist and SNF Fellow at the Columbia University, Kostas Zafeiropoulos, receives prestigious journalism award
The journalist Kostas Zafeiropoulos received this year’s Greek-German Prize for Journalism “Eleni Vlachou”, a testament to his contribution in the field of investigative journalism, the quality and breadth of his reporting.
- 07 NOVEMBER 2017 / “All about the Marathon” Lecture at the SNFCC, with the SNF’s support
As part of the running-related events held at the SNFCC and on the occasion of the 35th Marathon taking place in Athens, one of the major sports events in Greece, on Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, a lecture is held on the participation in endurance races, the Olympic ideals and pushing the human limits.
- 06 NOVEMBER 2017 / The SNF’s Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, talks to the Athens News Agency - Macedonian News Agency
The Athens News Agency - Macedonian News Agency features a comprehensive interview with the Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, who details his optimism about the future of Greece, as well as his firm belief that “all Greeks joined together we can once again pleasantly surprise the rest of the world”.
- 06 NOVEMBER 2017 / Inauguration of the renovated Cultural Center of the Holy Church of Saint George of Giannitsa, with the SNF’s support
On Monday, November 6th, 2017, the Holy Church of Saint George of Giannitsa holds the inauguration of its new Cultural Center, in the presence of His Beatitude Archbishop of Athens and All Greece, Mr. Hieronymus.
- 06 NOVEMBER 2017 / New Tällberg Global Leaders Announced
The Tällberg Foundation today announced the selection of four new Tällberg Global Leaders. They join a select group of individuals from around the world whose work, accomplishments and prospects embody the kind of leadership needed in the 21st century.
- 03 NOVEMBER 2017 / Smithsonian Magazine Profiles the Impact of SNF Grantee, Theater of War, and Its Founder, Bryan Doerries
In November 2017, the Smithsonian Magazine published an article, “The Healing Power of Greek Tragedy”. The article examines the work of Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s (SNF) grantee, Theater of War, and the group’s founder, Bryan Doerries.
- 02 NOVEMBER 2017 / The first phase of the selection process for the Internship Program at the NLG, the GNO and the SNFCC SA has been concluded
The internship program of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) pertains to paid internship positions and is implemented through the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), in the framework of its continued support to the SNFCC for the next five years.
- 02 NOVEMBER 2017 / The Royal College of Art Welcomes Six SNF PhD Scholars
Six doctoral students who benefit from the SNF STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) Scholarship & Research Fund, talk about their academic experience and interests as well as their research and future plans.
- 01 NOVEMBER 2017 / November at the SNFCC
The SNFCC welcomes the first month of winter, introducing many new events and activities for all ages, ranging from cosmology lessons for children and the introduction to pre-Socratic dialogues to a new series of dramatic readings of theatrical plays, while bringing back popular activities.