- The Global Editors Network (GEN) has announced that, at the invitation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), the 2019 GEN Summit will be held at the Stavros Niarchos Cultural Center (SNFCC) in Athens, Greece.
- At the beginning of February, the new non-profit organization iMedD (incubator for Media Education and Development) announced the start of its operations, through an exclusive grant of Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF). Based in Athens, iMedD’s mission is to promote transparency, accuracy, independence, meritocracy, and excellence in journalism.
- For Katie Theodorou, it’s cooking magazines. “I find that a waiting room with cooking magazines can be comforting.”
- ARTWORKS was created in 2017 to provide fertile ground for Greek artists. Its main activity is the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Artist Fellowship Program. Through this program, ARTWORKS awards monetary prizes to artists, encouraging their professional development and progress.
- Complimentary coffee all night at Brooklyn Central Library can mean only one thing: it’s time for the Night of Philosophy and Ideas.
- On Sunday, February 3rd, Fondation Beyeler opened an exhibit on Picasso’s Blue and Rose Periods at its museum near Basel, with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- On Sunday, February 3rd, Antigone in Ferguson, an original production by Theater of War at Harlem Stage exclusively supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), was featured in an episode of the television program NYC-ARTS.
- In memory of our dear colleague Kathryn Louloudis, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) will support two new research initiatives through the Lung Cancer Research Foundation (LCRF).
- On Thursday, January 31st, the New-York Historical Society hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the Tech Commons @ New-York Historical, a new educational resource for young people.