- 14 December 2017 / The exhibition "Nikolaos Ventouras: A lifetime of innovation" opens at the Benaki Museum, with the SNF’s support
The Benaki Museum presents the retrospective exhibition of the Greek engraver and artist Nikolaos Ventouras, one of the greatest engravers of the 20th century, with his work extending over half a century, both in Greece and internationally.
- 14 December 2017 / SNF RUN: 2018 First Run
Get a head start on 2018 by joining in the very first race of the year, right at the start of 2018! A celebration of hope, a 4K night-time race starting and finishing at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), with lots of music, dance, and treats.
- 14 December 2017 / ASCO presents Quality Training Program, supported by the SNF, at the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s National Forum
On December 13th, 2017, the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s (ASCO) Quality Training Program, supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), was presented at the National Forum on Quality Improvement in Health Care of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement in Orlando, Florida. ASCO staff, as well as staff from participating cancer clinics, attended.
- 14 December 2017 / The SNFCC is nominated for the RIBA International Prize 2018
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) is among the nominees for the international prize for architecture, RIBA International Prize 2018, awarded by the Royal Institute of British Architects. The SNFCC is the only Greek nominee among 62 buildings in 30 countries. The winners will be announced in December 2018.
- 14 December 2017 / The Axion Estin Foundation Chanters Perform at The Met with the SNF’s support
On Friday, December 15th, 2017, The Axion Estin Foundation’s international ensemble of chanters return to The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York for the annual pop-up concerts “Byzantine Pop-Ups”.
- 14 December 2017 / The American Heart Association Launched “Mission: Lifeline Stroke” Project in New York
With support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, the American Heart Association launched the “Mission: Lifeline Stroke” project in New York. “Mission Lifeline Stroke” is an initiative to improve delivery of prompt, coordinated, and evidence-based treatment for stroke patients across New York.
- 13 December 2017 / The SNF Receives the 2017 IIE Europe Award for Excellence from the Institute of International Education
On Tuesday, December 12th , 2017, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation was awarded, along with Fulbright Greece, the 2017 IIE Europe Award for Excellence, from the Institute of International Education
- 13 December 2017 / ArtPlace America Announces Projects to receive funding from its National Creative Placemaking Fund, supported by SNF
ArtPlace America has announced 23 projects in which it will be investing across the United States, using its National Creative Placemaking Fund. The projects will span 18 states and one U.S. territory, 52% of which will be working in rural communities.
- 12 December 2017 / The First Palliative Care Inpatient Unit for adult cancer patients in Greece is made possible with the SNF’s Support
On Tuesday, December 12th, 2017, the “Galilee” Palliative Care Unit inaugurated the first Palliative Care Inpatient Unit in Greece which has been completed with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s support.