- 23 OCTOBER 2014 / Exhibition “Hellenic Renaissance: The architecture of Theophilos Hansen”
The exhibition “Hellenic Renaissance: The architecture of Theophilos Hansen” hosted at the Theocharakis Foundation was inaugurated on October 22nd by the President of the Hellenic Republic, Karolos Papoulias and the President of Austria, Heinz Fischer. The SNF is a proud supporter of the exhibition.
- 20 OCTOBER 2014 / Τhe SNF announces its new cycle of grants
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, as part of the Foundation’s latest cycle of grants, have approved 88 new grants, totaling $ 35.13 million (€26.8 million), in support of non-profit organizations and programs, whose activities are expected to have a positive and lasting impact, both in Greece and internationally.
- 20 OCTOBER 2014 / SNF gives $5 Million Grant to JHU for SNF Film Center
The SNF has committed $5 million to Johns Hopkins, enabling the university, the Maryland Institute College of Art and the Maryland Film Festival to transform Baltimore’s historic Parkway Theater into a center for the study, production and exhibition of film.
- 20 OCTOBER 2014 / La Démesure du Possible - Inauguration
On October 17th, SNF grantee Art dans la Cité organized an inauguration event to celebrate the project “La Démesure du Possible” launched in the Institute Claude Pompidou for Alzheimer patients in Nice with the support of the SNF.
- 19 OCTOBER 2014 / Inauguration of New Horse Stables of the Therapeutic Riding Center of Serres
On October 18th the inauguration of the new horse stables of the Therapeutic Riding Center of Serres (KETHIS) took place. The construction works were completed with the SNF’s support.
- 16 OCTOBER 2014 / The SNFCC Visitors Center organizes in collaboration with CERN a unique scientific event at the National Library of Greece Central Reading Room
A unique scientific event will be held on Wednesday, October 22nd at 19:00 at the Central Reading Room of the National Library of Greece (NLG), led by professor and CERN scientist Emmanuel Tsesmelis.
- 13 OCTOBER 2014 / Lecture by Nobel laureate Eric R. Kandel as part of SNF Brain Insight Lecture Series
On October 7th, the grantee Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University presented a free public lecture by Nobel laureate Eric R. Kandel, MD, on “The Biology of Memory and Age-Related Memory Disorders.”
- 09 OCTOBER 2014 / Inauguration of Renovated Cardiothoracic Surgery Department of the General Hospital “G. Papanikolaou”
On October 8th, the inauguration of the renovated Cardiothoracic Surgery Department of the General Hospital of Thessaloniki “G. Papanikolaou” took place, the renovation works of which were supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 07 OCTOBER 2014 / SNF honored by EBEN GR
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation was honored today for its philanthropic work by EBEN GR (EUROPEAN BUSINESS ETHICS NETWORK). The Minister of Environment, Yiannis Maniatis, presented the SNF with the award.