- 24 JULY 2015 / Opinion article in The National Herald, drawing from SNF Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos’s recent statements in international media
Opinion article in The National Herald refers to statements by SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos in recent international media, on the need for the wealthy to contribute more, in order to help combat the current socioeconomic crisis in Greece, his views regarding Germany’s responsibility as the “powerful must exhibit generosity” and his extensive commitment to Greece and the Greek diaspora.
- 19 JULY 2015 / Interview of SNF Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, in Spiegel
The Co-President of the SNF, Andreas Dracopoulos, spoke to Spiegel about the current socioeconomic situation in Greece, the work of the Foundation, and the need for more people to step in and help the country and their fellow citizens.
- 19 JULY 2015 / Article in Vimagazino, drawing from SNF Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos’s recent interview in Time
Article in Vimagazino refers extensively to the statements the SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos made to Time, on the need for more people who can, to contribute, in order to help combat the current socioeconomic crisis in Greece.
- 19 JULY 2015 / The Greek delegation departed for the Special Olympics Los Angeles 2015
On July 21, the Greek delegation departed for the Special Olympics Los Angeles 2015. The delegation is comprised of 160 members and will participate in 17 sports.
- 19 JULY 2015 / Sport Paths 2015
The first phase of the Sport Paths program, which is a grant initiative undertaken by the SNF and is implemented by the NGO “Regeneration & Progress”, has been successfully completed.
- 13 JULY 2015 / Article in The New York Times referencing the SNF’s grants to help combat the crisis in Greece
The New York Times report on the current worsening situation in Greece, referencing, among others, the SNF’s grants to the Municipalities of Athens and Thessaloniki, allocated as part of the Foundation’s Initiative Against the Greek Crisis.
- 09 JULY 2015 / The Co-President of the SNF, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, talks to “Time”
Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s Board of Directors, talks to “Time” about the socioeconomic crisis in Greece, underlining the need that people who can, actively contribute to dealing with the current situation.
- 08 JULY 2015 / The SNF Launches a New Initiative to Combat the Crisis in Greece, with Grants to the Country’s Two Largest Municipalities, as well as to Welfare & Health Care Organizations
The Foundation has approved the immediate allocation of funds exceeding €23 million, as part of its €100 million initiative, with the aim of providing, within the next year, relief against the crisis in Greece
- 25 JUNE 2015 / The SNF Announces a Second “Initiative Against The Greek Crisis”
Within the next year, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation will allocate an additional €100 million, in order to further alleviate the adverse effects of the crisis in Greece