- Your health depends on your government’s choices, but if you live in a democracy, its health also depends on your choices.
- The New York Public Library’s (NYPL) Stavros Niarchos Foundation Library (SNFL) recently celebrated one year since its official opening—one year of offering a beautiful, inspiring public space that invites all New Yorkers to explore, learn, and grow—with a birthday party at the SNFL Children’s Center.
- A little over a year after serving its first patients, Children’s Surgical Hospital in Entebbe, Uganda, held a ceremony that also marked a step forward for the African Network of Medical Excellence. The hospital was created through the efforts of Italian nonprofit EMERGENCY.
- What are your plans for this summer? How do sports, astronomy, games, and educational activities set against the backdrop of the lush, green, natural landscape of Mount Parnon sound?
20 MAY 2022Cancellation of the SNF grant to the Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports to protect and display Faliron Bay archaeological findingsAfter five years of continuous delays and inaction on the part of the relevant authorities, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was forced to withdraw the grant to support the design, construction, and outfitting of the Kelyfos Polyandriou exhibition pavilion.
- What had been a blank expanse of asphalt adjacent to Lowell Elementary School in Philadelphia is now something quite different: a vibrant, colorful schoolyard with green space, a running track, and a jungle gym.
- As exceedingly challenging social and economic conditions continue to affect people living in Myanmar, a team from Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University’s Chiang Mai campus in Thailand is working to help deliver basic essentials including medicine.
- The new Greek National Gallery - Alexandros Soutsos Museum was honored with the Golden A’ Design Award in the category of Interior Space and Exhibition Design.
- Monaco’s Sainte Dévote rugby tournament brings together 10- to 12-year-olds from countries around the world to play the sport and celebrate the values it aspires to represent: solidarity, integrity, team spirit, and respect.