- 02 September 2020 / Damien Lewis Stars in Theater of War Project Featured in The New Yorker
Powerhouse performances and uncanny relevance are hallmarks of Theater of War Productions, which redeploys ancient plays to confront modern ills, and both are in full evidence in the company’s latest production.
- 31 August 2020 / From the Oliphant to the Psaltery, Byzantine Instruments Star in Digital Exhibition
Queue up your favorite oksivafon album and dive into the fantastical world of Byzantine musical instruments through a new digital exhibition showcasing their depiction on objects from pitchers to caskets.
- 29 August 2020 / SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos Meets with US Ambassador to Greece, Geoffrey R. Pyatt
U.S. Ambassador in Athens Geoffrey R. Pyatt, accompanied by U.S. Embassy Counselor for Public Affairs Cynthia Harvey, hosted a warm and productive meeting at his residence with SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos and SNF Senior Board Advisor Ambassador Vassilis Kaskarelis to discuss SNF’s ongoing philanthropic grantmaking activities.
- 27 August 2020 / SNF DIALOGUES Webcast: DIALOGUES in Summer
The SNF DIALOGUES looked back over the surreal summer of 2020 and considered what global pandemic developments mean for all of us.
- 27 August 2020 / Rockefeller Scientists Employ Coronavirus Stunt Double as a Research Expedient
It’s experimentation with a deadly virus, minus the deadly virus. Researchers at Rockefeller University have developed a way to study the potency of antibodies against the virus that causes COVID-19 without the cumbersome precautions entailed in actually bringing the virus into the lab.
- 25 August 2020 / Using Tech to Connect, Young Journalists Investigate U.S.- China Tech Decoupling
Journalist alumni from the City University of New York (CUNY) weren’t able to gather in person for the latest Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) journalism bootcamp, but technology allowed them to connect for the practicum remotely.
- 19 August 2020 / Street Vendors Begin Distributing Meals to New Yorkers in Need
Street vendors in New York have been hit hard by the pandemic, but they are shut out of aid extended to other small businesses. Meanwhile, food insecurity in the city has sharply increased.
- 06 August 2020 / A Restart at the Greek National Opera this Fall
“It is better to die with honor than live in shame.” Madama Butterfly’s words may make for terrible advice, but they make for great opera. Puccini’s immensely popular work, featuring a star-studded cast, will open the new season of the Greek National Opera (GNO) in early October.
- 31 July 2020 / SNF Heath Initiative Special Advisory Committee convenes for 20th Assembly
On Thursday, July 30, the Special Advisory Committee for the SNF Heath Initiative convened for the twentieth Assembly between representatives of the Greek state, Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) staff, and other stakeholders.